Mario Kart 8

RushBoingo

Anyone here get it? I have it and its awesome. My two favorite tracks are Electrodrome and Shy Guy Falls

I have not played all of the levels, but I have watched my kids play. I think it's got some cool innovations. I will likely play this weekend with them :)

I've 3 starred everything on 50 and 100cc, but haven't started 150 yet. I still haven't found the right character and loadout for my preferred level of acceleration, speed and handling (don't care about grip and weight as much).

Suggestions welcome.

It looks beautiful, but one reason I love the Wii U is that I can play on the gamepad while I watch TV with my wife, or just while watching sports.

I've 3 starred everything on 50 and 100cc, but haven't started 150 yet. I still haven't found the right character and loadout for my preferred level of acceleration, speed and handling (don't care about grip and weight as much).

Suggestions welcome.

It looks beautiful, but one reason I love the Wii U is that I can play on the gamepad while I watch TV with my wife, or just while watching sports.

Well for me I like playing either as Daisy or Iggy, both in the middle category, but Daisy is better for the accelleration and handling, while Iggy takes speed and weight. I always liked the middle weight class because in such a crazy game you have to consider racing is not a time trial where you need speed, nor will you be having to move consistanly due to too many items, not needing all turn. Both the characters have a great personality too that is fun to play with. For kart combos, I like the Flame Rider (For great traction (which is really important for those powerslides)), with the Slick Wheels (lots of extra speed). The glider does not matter too much, either you pick an aerodynamic one if you prefer flying when possible, or a non which slows you down in the air, but takes weight off on the ground allowing better acceleration and handling.

It is really nice being able to play on the pad if someone else is already in the room, not having to bug them for a turn on the tv.

Whats your favorite course?

Don't own any of the next gen consoles :/

But Mario games are always safe to go with to have some good fun. Some will entertain you for a month to a few months (super mario tennis, mario kart wii), some will forever loved (double dash, new super mario bros, mario 64, super mario world)...

Out of all the mario series, I think the racing series has evolved the most. Probably because the slightest change can make a huge impact on the entire nature of the game.

I don't think I'll be playing Mario Kart 8 anytime in the near future, but I will check out a stream of it sometime when someone worthwhile and talented decides to stream it. On twitch Phillip DeFranco was on the front page of twitch playing it, but I didn't watch because f**k that stupid hack.

Don't own any of the next gen consoles :/

But Mario games are always safe to go with to have some good fun. Some will entertain you for a month to a few months (super mario tennis, mario kart wii), some will forever loved (double dash, new super mario bros, mario 64, super mario world)...

Out of all the mario series, I think the racing series has evolved the most. Probably because the slightest change can make a huge impact on the entire nature of the game.

I don't think I'll be playing Mario Kart 8 anytime in the near future, but I will check out a stream of it sometime when someone worthwhile and talented decides to stream it. On twitch Phillip DeFranco was on the front page of twitch playing it, but I didn't watch because f**k that stupid hack.

Have you heard of the streamers Video Games Awesome? They are hilarious and well worth the watch. I have not watched their MK8 stream yet because I am still catching up on stuff I missed (Thanks Disney World) but for assurance, just watch the first couple of parts of their heavy rain playthrough and you will see what I mean. If you are looking for a professional streamer that plays seriously though, then I can't help you.

Me and the wife have been staying up late playing a lot of this. Right now I'm rocking Roy in the Circuit Special with the Azure Rollers. It just feels right to me. I feel like the people who are good with the inward drifting bikes have an advantage, but I f***ing suck with those. My favorite track is Mount Wario. Edited by Storm Shadow

I'm still trying to decide between bikes and karts....the inward drifting bikes corner so fast that I'm not used to it, but I feel that if I put in the time to get it right it will pay off. I've missed 3-starring the first 3 150cc grand prix events by coming in second on the last race...one time being stopped by a blue shell on the finish line after leading the whole race. That's what makes this game fun....and frustrating :D