What are you eating Right Now?

Maverick

Right now I'm eating edamame while waiting for my veggie tempura and inari sushi to show up.

Looks like a little pouch, yeah? One word and with a "z" and pronounced as such. Inarizushi. :)

I'm curious, how much does a serving of edamame cost there?

Yeah, the bean curd skin pouch (wow, that makes it sound so unappetizing :( ). I didn't realize it was actually called inarizushi. Here it's always abbreviated to inari.

The edamame cost $5 for a bowl. Yeah, that's a lot, but that's the high San Francisco prices.

Right now I'm eating edamame while waiting for my veggie tempura and inari sushi to show up.

Looks like a little pouch, yeah? One word and with a "z" and pronounced as such. Inarizushi. :)

Yeah, the bean curd skin pouch (wow, that makes it sound so unappetizing :( ). I didn't realize it was actually called inarizushi. Here it's always abbreviated to inari.

The edamame cost $5 for a bowl. Yeah, that's a lot, but that's the high San Francisco prices.

:LOL:

Well, saying "tofu" isn't much of a step up from "bean curd" for me. But I do like inarizushi.

It'd never occur to me to abbreviate it to just "inari". But it's not like Japan doesn't abbreviate ((I often say "butcher")) tons of English words.

I kind of suspected the price of edamame would be high there which is why I asked. If sold, edamame is generally ¥300 (about $3) here but it's usually free in bars.

Well, saying "tofu" isn't much of a step up from "bean curd" for me. But I do like inarizushi.

It'd never occur to me to abbreviate it to just "inari". But it's not like Japan doesn't abbreviate ((I often say "butcher")) tons of English words.

I kind of suspected the price of edamame would be high there which is why I asked. If sold, edamame is generally ¥300 (about $3) here but it's usually free in bars.

I think inarizushi is almost like dessert. It's ever-so-slightly sweet (from the large quantity of rice, I assume), so I always eat mine last :)

I think inarizushi is almost like dessert. It's ever-so-slightly sweet (from the large quantity of rice, I assume), so I always eat mine last :)

I hear you. But it's not sweet from the rice. It's sweet because that tofu pouch is cooked in soy sauce then drained. Then, it's stuffed with the rice.

And I just remembered, I've seen inarizushi spelled as "inari sushi" but only in the U.S. or on Japanese student essays I was correcting. Whatever that means.

• Like 1

Glazed donut and coffee. Food of the gods.

I stole some of Eagle's donut without her realizing!

That's okay, I'm willing to share my ambrosia. ;)

• Like 1

A burnt peanut butter cookie that I just made. It's tastes good anyway.

Always keep the heat on medium never on high. There's no need to burn anything. :D-13:

The recipe called for 350 and that's what the oven was set on. The cookies in front burned and the ones in the back didn't. I solved the problem by not putting any cookies in the front with the second batch of trays.

A burnt peanut butter cookie that I just made. It's tastes good anyway.

Always keep the heat on medium never on high. There's no need to burn anything. :D-13:

The recipe called for 350 and that's what the oven was set on. The cookies in front burned and the ones in the back didn't. I solved the problem by not putting any cookies in the front with the second batch of trays.

I never follow the instructions that closely, I use my own intuition and experience, I hardly ever time things. Seems to work.