Alex with a strat I've never seen him with.

hunter

Pretty sure given the time frame. Looks like the Power Windows tour so not a lot of people had photoshop back then. I think it's more a product of a scan of a bad photocopy, or as us old timers say, Xerox. :)

I didn't mean to imply that it was shopped back then. But I can't understand why someone now would want to do that. :LOL:

It is interesting to see him with a Strat with SSS configuration. Doesn't look like you can see the pole pieces on the picmups, though. Could be plastic covered. Active pickups? When did Fender start putting Lace Sensors in their guitars?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Strat in question was in Alex's "bullpen"... a backup guitar tuned a certain way for certain songs in case his main broke a string or otherwise crapped out.

I don't recall ever seeing a white/white strat... the only other logical possibility is that somebody from either Fender or a local music shop asked him to give the axe a spin for a song or two and he tried it out live... but that's doubtful since the setup would have been a clusterfuck for him.

He was a total whore back then. I think he had Dean Markley combos on stage for that tour doing picture magazine ads for them but he was also in the Carvin catalog for one of their combos. He was still using the Hentors on that tour a bit but he got a bunch of Strats on that tour too. The Big Money video was a regular black job that was SSS. This one clearly has Lace Sensors. That's when Clapton and Beck both had Lace Sensor models. Fender must have been throwing guitars at him the way Gibson does now.

I know those pants from a tour book or video. Ah, the 80s......

• Like 3

I wish Alex would go back to Strats or "Hentor" strats.

The ''tone'' he gets out his Gibsons these days sounds like mush too me.

Weird knobs on that thing too.

Yeah they look rubberized or something. And is that the three push button selector instead of the 5 way switch?

Aha! 1983 Elite Strat? I still think that's a Khaler on his though.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xWjoeLNcmQo/THpz_LM0NaI/AAAAAAAAFQk/nuibdOf7EnQ/s1600/fender_strat_elite+83+front.jpg

Edited by hunter
  • Like 2

That looks like a winner... Or at least a correct model. :P

Are those Lace Sensors?

• Like 1

I just noticed the individual pickup switches too. That's the only cool thing about that guitar.

That's the 2nd pic on here of him playing his elite strat....the other is around somewhere.

They are good strats, fairly rare...they sell for 900-1200 on eBay.

Some came with a factory Kahler...they eventually morfed into the E series of the 80s that were make in JPN and the US, and eventually the Contemporary and HM strats. The elites are just before Fender Trem System (which was a Floyd or very Floyd like but looked more like a Kahler....I forget the exact name of that Trem...system something...parts are hard to find for it now).

The E series in general are in fairly high demand...I have an 80s USA E series somewhere around here. :P

• Like 1

I know those pants from a tour book or video. Ah, the 80s......

I know those pants too....he gave them to me after they were decommissioned from the wardrobe lineup. Surprisingly enough, they fit me and I wore them for a few live shows myself lol.

• Like 3