17 - Best Song From Vapor Trails

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

The sequence of Nocturne, Freeze, and Out of the Cradle is the best album ending of all time. The VP album builds the strongest tension, climax, and resolves better than any album I've ever heard.

On another note, One Little Victory is my least favorite song from VP.

I noticed that the only songs that have 90+ votes were the ones that were played in Rush in Rio, R30, and S&A live.

Maybe the popularity of the songs influenced Rush to play those songs, or maybe the songs are popular because Rush played them live.

So maybe it's just a matter of hearing the songs a different way.

I'm personally not interested in the VP songs that Rush plays live.

Edited by Steel Rat

Went with ghost Rider over Peaceable Kingdom, 1 Little Victory and Earthshine.

Not an album I really like much but I keep hoping that one of these days it will catch fire with me. Hey, Counterparts and Presto I disliked when they came out and now I like them both a lot. If it takes 20 years like it did with Presto that's fine with me.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 25 2004, 04:51 PM)
Tough one! In the studio Peaceable Kingdom is my fave, but live I have to say Secret Touch just blows me away every time I hear it!

Well said Snowdog! I never really liked Secret Touch all that much until I saw them perform it live. Now I love the song. I also really like Earthshine, but Peacable Kingdom got my vote.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

Vapor Trail. Some love the VT album, some hate the VT album. I love it. Raw. Just like the band. I never thought I'd hear new material from Rush again after 1997. VT was a gift. This song, in my opinion, provided the deepest insight into what they had all been through in the preceding years. Ghost Rider is also a stand-out to me as are The Stars Look Down and How It Is.

I tell a lot of people "One Little Victory" (mostly for THE RETURN OF THE PROFESSOR), but in all honesty, "Earthshine" is the song that got me hooked on Rush to begin with (the rest of Vapor Trails is a close second). It's just an amazing song! The chorus was what caught my attention, because of how it contrasts with the rest of the song in my opinion.

QUOTE (NinjaDiscoPunch @ Aug 16 2012, 07:30 PM)
I tell a lot of people "One Little Victory" (mostly for THE RETURN OF THE PROFESSOR), but in all honesty, "Earthshine" is the song that got me hooked on Rush to begin with (the rest of Vapor Trails is a close second). It's just an amazing song! The chorus was what caught my attention, because of how it contrasts with the rest of the song in my opinion.

Great choice!

trink39.gif