17 - Best Song From Vapor Trails

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1091 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• One Little Victory
    • Ceiling Unlimited
    • Ghost Rider
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Stars Look Down
    • How It Is
    • Vapor Trail
    • Secret Touch
    • Earthshine
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out of the Cradle

This is one of the hardest decisions I made. I'd have to say Earthshine by a narrow margin. The vocals on that are sublime, and the groove rocks. However, Ghost Rider is amazing, and I have a special place in my heart for Secret Touch, One Little Victory, and Peaceable Kingdom. The album took its time to grow on me, but I love it now (if only they would release the remasters so I could enjoy it even more).

On this day in http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/logorush.gif History:

January 9, 2001 http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Drumnut/logorush.gif reunited at Geddy's home studio after a five year break to begin work on what would become 'Vapor Trails'.

out of the cradle is my fav on this wonderful album, musically, and lyrically, how it is is tied for first, and peaceable kingdom, post 911 world, personal experience with me on 911 this song is close to my heart for i felt the pain and knew the world had changed forever at that very moment. had a spiritual experience i did not ask for that terrible morning. at the exact moment it all happened i felt it and knew the world had changed and yet i was sitting in traffic with no radio on in Atlanta Ga. almost lost ot. it was at the exact moment, looking at the clock in my car. let us not forget. the breathe of love is electricity, and we are electrical.

Gotta be EARTHSHINE but GHOSTRIDER IS A CLOSE SECOND 2.gif

Now that I've got some true miles, and countless hours under my belt with this album, I can say that Freeze is the one that out-does all the others for me. That song has proven to be a 'years-long' obsession. Not only have I left the song on repeat-mode for countless re-plays, but I've played just specific sections of it over and over and over, just so I could absorb every count, every note, everyTHING. OMG that song is a masterpiece.

The other ones that out lasted the others are Secret Touch, Vapor Trail, and Earthshine. I've listened to those songs almost at the same intensity as Freeze, and those four just stand above all others. Nocturne and Ghost Rider sit firm at the 2nd level - out of control awesome songs!!

At level three are One Little Victory, Ceiling Unlimited, and Stars Look Down.

The ones I listen to least are Peaceable Kingdom, How It Is, Sweet Miracle, and Out Of The Cradle. But by no means do I think these are bad songs. I love all of them.

Edited by paganoman

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 18 2006, 03:23 PM)
Since I have to choose ONE....secret touch does it for me  yes.gif

Me too, this was the first song I ever heard from this album. A friend e-mailed it to me at work before the album was released and told me to guess who it was. doh.gif

This whole album rocks my world...though I missed all the excitement over it as Rush's triumpant return, during the time my Rush fanaticism was dormant (1992-late 2005). My husband gave it to me this December (Best Husband Ever! on a long car trip to South Carolina to see his folks for Xmas we listened to my old Rush tapes...and then he got me a bunch of Rush on CD for Hanukkah, including Vapor Trails and Rush in Rio, which I'd never heard before). Funny that the album almost seems to have an LP "sides" vibe to it, with "Vapor Trail" as the kick-ass kickoff to what would be Side B--the point at which I have to get up & dance to the rest of the album...but if I have to pick one track from among those that send me into the stratosphere, I guess it'll be "Earthshine." (Though I'm a little surprised that so many apparently agree with me, given the poll numbers: it doesn't seem like the most obvious choice, and there are so many good ones!)

smile.gif My top three GHOSTRIDER, EARTHSHINE and SECRET TOUCH in that order. 2.gif