Are You Ready For Some Jeopardy!?

Narps

I am stoked for the finals of the "Battle Of The Decades" tournament starting tonight. Two nights (total scores) of the best against the best. Jennings, Craig and Rutter in the ultimate test of reflexes and encyclopedic knowledge. Only an original Star Trek marathon could entertain as much but I know how they all end many, many times over. I love this stuff. Anyone else care and or will you be watching?..... :7up: :madra:

Being created from my dads seed the I.Q thing is most likely not at issue. It's the lack of formal education that seems to blow at times. Couple that with a distain for reading and it seems one hand is always tied behind my back so to speak.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Ken was killing in the semi, faded in the second round and final Jeopardy really came into play. Brad just destroyed in his semi.

Should be pretty awesome. I'm always getting called nerd by my family when watching Jeopardy, but Wheel is my game. I have an uncanny knack of solving puzzles with only a couple letters.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Ken was killing in the semi, faded in the second round and final Jeopardy really came into play. Brad just destroyed in his semi.

Should be pretty awesome. I'm always getting called nerd by my family when watching Jeopardy, but Wheel is my game. I have an uncanny knack of solving puzzles with only a couple letters.

Craig is the interesting one to me. He seems very clumsy and unsure but the dude gets it done....

Craig is the interesting one to me. He seems very clumsy and unsure but the dude gets it done....

To me, he is an afterthought. I don't see him contending with the other 2.... but I won't be afraid to admit I was wrong if he wins :)

To me, he is an afterthought. I don't see him contending with the other 2.... but I won't be afraid to admit I was wrong if he wins :)

:D

Game 1 of 2

Rutter 10,000.00

Jennings 7,000.00

Craig was in the minus and missed out on final Jeopardy. He tried a true Daily Double with around 8,000.00 and missed and never recovered. By rule I am not sure what that means for him tomorrow. The last five minutes or so was in and out (mostly out) because of tornado warnings all across the screen :rage: :)

Game 1 of 2

Rutter 10,000.00

Jennings 7,000.00

Craig was in the minus and missed out on final Jeopardy. He tried a true Daily Double with around 8,000.00 and missed and never recovered. By rule I am not sure what that means for him tomorrow. The last five minutes or so was in and out (mostly out) because of tornado warnings all across the screen :rage: :)

He was over 10k in the lead. Bold move. he really surprised me. He is so soft spoken, I figured the competitive intensity of the other 2 would just drown him out. I was way off!

Brad Rutter is the greatest Jeopardy player ever.

We'll find out for sure tonight :LOL:

Hopefully no more tornado warning all over the screen tonight at the games end..... :rage: :)

Has Rutter ever been defeated by human competition? I think he won when there was a five day limit but he's been in a ton of tournaments...has he ever lost one?

Has Rutter ever been defeated by human competition? I think he won when there was a five day limit but he's been in a ton of tournaments...has he ever lost one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Rutter

In 20 regular season and tournament games, Rutter has never lost a Jeopardy! match (though he twice trailed at the end of the first game of a two-day match before coming back to win in the second game—against Rick Knutsen in the finals of the 2001 Tournament of Champions, and against John Cuthbertson in the semifinals of the Ultimate Tournament of Champions). In 2011, however, both Rutter and Ken Jennings were routed in a two-day exhibition match against an IBM computer platform developed specifically to compete on Jeopardy!: Watson.[3] Rutter finished third in the match: both his first defeat overall and the first time he finished behind a human opponent. Because of the nature of the man versus machine match being declared an exhibition match, none of the records from this match count towards official show records.

Rutter was forced to retire with his undefeated record due to Jeopardy! rules before 2003 which stated that a contestant who won five consecutive days retired undefeated[4] and was guaranteed a spot in the Tournament of Champions; three new contestants would appear on the following show.

Nope

• Like 1

Well he finished third to Watson and Ken in that one.

Should be a good one tonight. My daughter got Final Jeopardy last night. What hath I created?... :LOL: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Should be a good one tonight. My daughter got Final Jeopardy last night. What hath I created?... :LOL:

At least there's some hope for her, seeing who her dad is :D
  • Like 2

^^^^^^ Yes and thank you. The fact that I already know its taped bothers me enough to begin with. I can't stand taped sporting events either and if I already know the results count me out.....

Yep. I was afraid of ruining it for somebody who hadn't seen it yet but it appears not many TRFers care much anyway..... :LOL:

Edit: Our KJ appears to have been right again....

Edited by Narpski

Yep. I was afraid of ruining it for somebody who hadn't seen it yet but it appears not many TRFers care much anyway..... :LOL:

I avoided this thread after 3 o'clock because my wife and I watch it right before we go to sleep. Ken had it won and then missed on Final Jeopardy. Between my wife and I we got the Final and the first Final (the previous day) was remarkably easy. But most of the questions especially in Double were incredibly hard.

I avoided this thread after 3 o'clock because my wife and I watch it right before we go to sleep. Ken had it won and then missed on Final Jeopardy. Between my wife and I we got the Final and the first Final (the previous day) was remarkably easy. But most of the questions especially in Double were incredibly hard.

I am guessing Ken picked Madeleine Albright for the obvious reasons :scared: :LOL: . I guess there is somebody for everybody in this life.....

I am guessing Ken picked Madeleine Albright for the obvious reasons :scared: :LOL: . I guess there is somebody for everybody in this life.....

That's the first one that came to mind for me, but my wife got Rice. I didn't KNOW Buchanan but I knew he was unmarried and figured he might have been Sec of State since he was President (later) and I sure as hell wouldn't have known any Sec of States from the 1830s-1840s.