Going Vegan

Nate2112

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

/quick derail

Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie but I wouldn't know cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er.

/*back on the rail

• Like 3

What's the difference between vegan and vegitarian? :huh:

Vegetarians don't eat dead animals (or things like gelatin made from dead animals) but will eat eggs and milk products.

Vegans don't eat any animal products at all, and often don't wear leather or wool either.

And they both have bowel movements that could fell a forest of sequoias. We've got one of each currently in the office and you do. Not. Follow them into the bathroom after lunch. The same applied to the three other we've had come and go in the 7 years I've worked here. (Another thing I've noticed - you can leave 10 cans of Febreze in each stall and the worst offenders never realize it's meant for them).

I realize I'm generalizing based on a sample of five, but what is up with that? Is it all the beans? During my own 2 years in the vegetarian world I probably wasn't the best about maintaining a balanced diet (I was in college - nobody eats balanced meals in college) but I don't remember my roommates ever complaining about me stinking up the shared bathroom.

So, without getting TMI, I don't really have this problem. Certainly it's no worse than the average person.

And as far as the beans myth, if a person isn't used to eating a certain food (beans, fruit, tons of veggies, etc.) at first it may cause, uh, intestinal differences. But after a short while your body gets used to processing that food and everything goes back to normal.

Does it ever. I wanted to start eating healthier a few months back and figured I'd change my breakfast to oatmeal from toast. Heart healthy...etc. Two days in my stomach was not happy. I read up a bit about it and turns you want to introduce "real" oatmeal, raw oats to your diet slowly, don't have a full cup+ serving a few days in a row. That was a lesson learned.

• Like 1

What's the difference between vegan and vegitarian? :huh:

Vegetarians don't eat dead animals (or things like gelatin made from dead animals) but will eat eggs and milk products.

Vegans don't eat any animal products at all, and often don't wear leather or wool either.

And they both have bowel movements that could fell a forest of sequoias. We've got one of each currently in the office and you do. Not. Follow them into the bathroom after lunch. The same applied to the three other we've had come and go in the 7 years I've worked here. (Another thing I've noticed - you can leave 10 cans of Febreze in each stall and the worst offenders never realize it's meant for them).

I realize I'm generalizing based on a sample of five, but what is up with that? Is it all the beans? During my own 2 years in the vegetarian world I probably wasn't the best about maintaining a balanced diet (I was in college - nobody eats balanced meals in college) but I don't remember my roommates ever complaining about me stinking up the shared bathroom.

So, without getting TMI, I don't really have this problem. Certainly it's no worse than the average person.

And as far as the beans myth, if a person isn't used to eating a certain food (beans, fruit, tons of veggies, etc.) at first it may cause, uh, intestinal differences. But after a short while your body gets used to processing that food and everything goes back to normal.

Does it ever. I wanted to start eating healthier a few months back and figured I'd change my breakfast to oatmeal from toast. Heart healthy...etc. Two days in my stomach was not happy. I read up a bit about it and turns you want to introduce "real" oatmeal, raw oats to your diet slowly, don't have a full cup+ serving a few days in a row. That was a lesson learned.

Try breakfast chia seed pudding with fresh fruit. I find it fills you up, gives you energy and keeps you regular. Be careful about eating oatmeal... it's not that healthy for you. Quinoa for breakfast mixed with raw oats might be a good way to introduce raw oats to your diet.

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Coconut-milk-breakfast-quinoa-333578 This is a great breakfast Quinoa recipe... dairy free too.

I might need some help.

You might need to go on some kind of stretching exercise program. It may take sometime to react but you should see some gains at some point..... :eh:

If you don't like to eat certain things, for whatever reason - ethics, heatlh, religious, don't eat it. Simple. I just find veganism goes a little too far to the extreme. It's not a perfect diet. But, diet is a case where if it works for you it's the right diet.
  • Like 3

vegan, vegetarian, anything that's a self-imposed set of rules meant to make your life a lot less fun (or tasty) = not for me

The way I see it is if it makes one happy to go vegan/vegetarian/whatever, then that's the best reason to do it!

(For me, life would be much less fun if I was forced to eat meat. Or mushrooms <-- some nasty sh!t there!)

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 1

vegan, vegetarian, anything that's a self-imposed set of rules meant to make your life a lot less fun (or tasty) = not for me

The way I see it is if it makes one happy to go vegan/vegetarian/whatever, then that's the best reason to do it!

(For me, life would be much less fun if I was forced to eat meat. Or mushrooms <-- some nasty sh!t there!)

Mushrooms are trifling!

Mushrooms are trifling!

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11629882.2020/sticker,375x360.png

• Like 2

All I wanna know is, what can I eat that will make me poop the biggest?

See if you can somehow develop ulcerative colitis. It's an autoimmune thing, so that's kind of a challenge as simply sharing a glass with someone in an active flare won't do it.

I promise - you will have some spectacular shits and some absolutely poisonous farts that should really be classified as chemical weapons and sold to arms dealers. There are downsides, of course, such as cramping, "squirtiness", and of course blood, sometimes in slightly alarming quantities.

Oh, and the unpredictability - nothing like threatening to shove someone off the toilet if they don't finish up right now. . . .bonus is that you do get in a lot of quality reading time on the john.

I don't have many vices. I've tied pot once in my life. I don't drink much these days. I don't smoke. But I love to eat. Its something I truly enjoy. I couldn't imagine going through life without trying all of the different food that exist! Last Sunday I had an Elk steak for the first time. I live for that kind of stuff! :haz:

More power to you if vegan works for you....but it's not my thing. :cheers:

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

I don't have many vices. I've tied pot once in my life. I don't drink much these days. I don't smoke. But I love to eat.

so just food and TRF?

I don't have many vices. I've tied pot once in my life. I don't drink much these days. I don't smoke. But I love to eat. Its something I truly enjoy. I couldn't imagine going through life without trying all of the different food that exist! Last Sunday I had an Elk steak for the first time. I live for that kind of stuff! :haz:

More power to you if vegan works for you....but it's not my thing. :cheers:

I had elk for the first time... of all places... on a Disney Cruise! I was also never much of a seafood fan. but having it cooked properly sure helped. I loved their scallops among other things.

I don't have many vices. I've tied pot once in my life. I don't drink much these days. I don't smoke. But I love to eat.

so just food and TRF?

pretty much. :LOL:

so just food and TRF?

I can think of 2 others... cars and boobs

so just food and TRF?

I can think of 2 others... cars and boobs

true!