Which 2014 1st Round QB will have the best career?

QBs 2014  

4 members have voted

1. 1. which 2014 first round QB will have the best career?

2. 2. will a 2nd round or later QB outperform all three?

• No
    • Yes, Carr
    • Yes, Garoppolo
    • Yes, McCarron
    • Yes, Savage
    • Yes, other

Votes are public

If I was going to bet, I dont think any will end up being a pro bowl franchise QB.

Please make your case for Bridgewater

• Like 1

Votes are public

If I was going to bet, I dont think any will end up being a pro bowl franchise QB.

The Vikings have some quality pieces around him. Norv Turner, though a shitty head coach, is an outstanding OC. He's an accurate thrower whose college record indicates that he's good at taking care of the football. He was assumed to be a top 5 pick (based on on field performance) who fell based on the combine and his pro day (which makes him the anti-Jamarcus....well Jamarcus DID have that one throw in the bowl game)

Votes are public

The Vikings have some quality pieces around him. Norv Turner, though a shitty head coach, is an outstanding OC. He's an accurate thrower whose college record indicates that he's good at taking care of the football. He was assumed to be a top 5 pick (based on on field performance) who fell based on the combine and his pro day (which makes him the anti-Jamarcus....well Jamarcus DID have that one throw in the bowl game)

I think Norv is a good OC, have a decent supporting cast (without AP the offense would be significantly below average)

I do not see any particular attribute (football IQ, athleticism, size, arm strength, accuracy) that he is superior in to the other QBs. To me, high floor, low ceiling. Think David Garrard, Tony Banks, Gus Frerotte, Jason Campell, Chad Pennington

Votes are public

I think Norv is a good OC, have a decent supporting cast (without AP the offense would be significantly below average)

I do not see any particular attribute (football IQ, athleticism, size, arm strength, accuracy) that he is superior in to the other QBs. To me, high floor, low ceiling. Think David Garrard, Tony Banks, Gus Frerotte, Jason Campell, Chad Pennington

The first and last of these had a better career than any of the other QBs for this year. Pennington in particular was damned good. But I think Bridgewater can exceed Pennington's career.

By the way, I'd rather have Bridgewater than Tannehill.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Votes are public

The first and last of these had a better career than any of the other QBs for this year. Pennington in particular was damned good. But I think Bridgewater can exceed Pennington's career.

Im mainly comparing to what type of NFL career he will have

Questionable accuracy, especially on deep balls (Norv loves the deep ball) size below average, slightly better than average speed, average football IQ, average arm strength. I just dont get it.

If the fins could protect Tannehill, he could be dang good. Tannehill is a fim junkie, excellent arm strength and size. Much higher ceiling. If the fins had Teddy, he would get destroyed and scarred for life if he started for them this year (let me tell you something, I know something about scarring QBs for life!!!!)

Votes are public

Questionable accuracy, especially on deep balls (Norv loves the deep ball) size below average, slightly better than average speed, average football IQ, average arm strength. I just dont get it.

If the fins could protect Tannehill, he could be dang good. Tannehill is a fim junkie, excellent arm strength and size. Much higher ceiling. If the fins had Teddy, he would get destroyed and scarred for life if he started for them this year (let me tell you something, I know something about scarring QBs for life!!!!)

I sure hope our line isn't a sieve this year...the Bears showed that a line could turn around close to 180 degrees in a year. Anyway, with the 2013 line you're probably right, Bridgewater could get destroyed...a shitty OL has done that to many a QB including the brother of a guy that's going to go early in round 2 today. But he couldn't possibly be much worse of a decision maker than Tannehill (well except for Brett Favre,who at least could overcome a lot of his bad decisions)...his situational awareness has been atrocious.

I've given you the reasons I think he'll succeed, you've given me reasons why you think he won't. Can't wait for next season to find out.

Votes are public

I sure hope our line isn't a sieve this year...the Bears showed that a line could turn around close to 180 degrees in a year. Anyway, with the 2013 line you're probably right, Bridgewater could get destroyed...a shitty OL has done that to many a QB including the brother of a guy that's going to go early in round 2 today. But he couldn't possibly be much worse of a decision maker than Tannehill (well except for Brett Favre,who at least could overcome a lot of his bad decisions)...his situational awareness has been atrocious.

I've given you the reasons I think he'll succeed, you've given me reasons why you think he won't. Can't wait for next season to find out.

Good points. I think Tannehill might be a little shellshocked. How you describe Favre is pretty much the predicament you have with Johnny Football, he is going to make some bad decisions, but can he overcome them? IF he cant, hes obviously worthless. I like gun slingers, if Manziel turns out similar to Favre, that would be alright

Votes are public

Good points. I think Tannehill might be a little shellshocked. How you describe Favre is pretty much the predicament you have with Johnny Football, he is going to make some bad decisions, but can he overcome them? IF he cant, hes obviously worthless. I like gun slingers, if Manziel turns out similar to Favre, that would be alright

I think Manziel can succeed and if they both reach their potential he will top Bridgewater. I think durability is an issue (his competitiveness may actually be to his detriment here), and I'm not convinced he can sustain the level of preparation necessary to succeed.

The Browns are amassing some talent on the offensive side of the ball so I think he's stepping into a situation where he's surrounded by some talent.

I don't know if you ever had the game Pro Draft as a kid. Manziel is a type A player, Bridgewater a type B.

• Like 1

Clowney

That gives me an idea for a poll

"which QBs career will be cut short due to devastating injuries induced by Clowney"

Clowney

That gives me an idea for a poll

"which QBs career will be cut short due to devastating injuries induced by Clowney"

Bortles

I have no idea why that posted 3 times.

:LOL:

That's how awesome Clowney is.

I have no idea why that posted 3 times.

:LOL:

That's how awesome Clowney is.

Any chance you'll stop tagging him now?

Only if it no longer offends your sensibilities...

AP was pedestrian this year. The Vikings offense was not on his back. He was pure quantity over quality. I think the Vikings would be better of trading him and committing to Jerrick McKinnon.

As for Bridgewater, he has stellar accuracy, he is mobile, he is a smart game manager, and he is having an offense tailor built to his skill set.

Bridgewater is the QB of the future.

Votes are public

I think if the "Fins" could get a bag of slightly used practice balls, and a dirty jock or two, for Tannehill, they should take it.

AP was pedestrian this year. The Vikings offense was not on his back. He was pure quantity over quality. I think the Vikings would be better of trading him and committing to Jerrick McKinnon.

As for Bridgewater, he has stellar accuracy, he is mobile, he is a smart game manager, and he is having an offense tailor built to his skill set.

With Peterson, I get that he gets stuffed a ton, wears down a defense with a ton of 2 yard runs, and then breaks a few long runs off later in the game. That is okay and acceptable...but his fumbling is not acceptable. I agree- if I were vikings front office I would trade him. Another quality offensive lineman would be have a greater positive impact.

Regarding Bridgewater- The jury is still out. In his first 2 years, he has met expectations, but has not taken the next step. He is a nice game manager, but not much of an offensive weapon. The vikings have a great defense, and Denver just won a Super Bowl with a QB who in 2015 was inferior to Teddy; goes to show you anything is possible.

This is the year that we will find out what Bridgewater is made of. My best friend is a Vikings fan...I remember both of us talked constantly in 2014 about the upcoming draft, with both the Vikings and the Browns likely to take QBs. Both of us wanted our teams to take Manziel, in a sense that his potential was very high, and at least if he is a bust, he will probably burn out in 2 years and start over (which is exactly what happened.) My fear with Teddy was that he was the kind of guy who progressed very slowly, and just gave you enough of a flicker of hope to keep the experiment running, and that after 4 years, youd figure out that the experiment failed, or you reluctantly resign him and are stuck with mediocrity for a while.

At this point, there is nothing I have seen from Bridgewater that would indicate he will be a QB that will lead his team to the Super Bowl. At the same time, I wouldnt have expected to see anything from him in the first 2 years. 2016 is the year we will find out what Teddy is- a mediocre game manager, or a guy who takes his team to the next level.

Unfortunately, football is played in the present.
  • Like 1