Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

29 Nov

Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes

It's that time of year again. Go Bucks!! :haz: :7up:

Think they'll be able to avoid the inevitable post Hoosier letdown?

• Like 2

29 Nov

Michigan Wolverines at Ohio State Buckeyes

It's that time of year again. Go Bucks!! :haz: :7up:

Think they'll be able to avoid the inevitable post Hoosier letdown?

Well,

I have been a Buckeye fan since the 70's. No matter how bad a team is with this rivalry any thing can happen. If Michigan pulls it off I wouldn't be surprised. This is the classic battle! :madra: Indiana had a great shot at the upset only to fall short.

I have already gave notice that I am not to be interrupted during the game. :LOL: :D

• Like 1

The Carolina/cLIMPson game is slated for noon. Supposedly, early starts are better for the visiting team, but we rarely play well in the early games. This year celebrates the 10 years anniversary of the brawl that ultimately led to Lou Holtz having to resign. It is still a question as to who will start at QB for the tiggers. Everyone knows that if it's the white QB, Stoudt, Carolina will win; if it's the black QB, Watson, Carolina may be in trouble.

Hopefully, Carolina can make it 6 in a row. I'm not ready for the universe to return to normal just yet.

Go Arky, beat Mizzou.

Sorry, but imo it is unacceptable for the SEC East to be represented in the conference championship game by a team that lost to Indiana. The shame if that were to happen!

To be fair, Indiana actually was a D-1 team with a real QB at the time.

• Like 1

Well,

This isn't good leading up to tomorrow's game. :facepalm:

http://sports.yahoo....150--ncaaf.html

Nope.

I love the confidence of team doctors that these guys (even walk on ST guys that almost certainly won't make a difference) are OK to play.

Mizzou defeats Arky 21-14 to clinch the SEC East.

Oh well, it is what it is.

At least this way Georgia fans can chew on the fact that losing to the Gamecocks for the 4th time in the past 5 years cost them the title . . ..

• Like 1

In Big 10 action, Iowa blows a 24-7 lead in the 3rd to lose to Nebraska, possibly saving Bo Pellini's job.

Regarding Tomorrow: lots of good games on tomorrow. The best weekend of CFB all season long, indeed, no question.

Go Gamecocks! Make it 6 in a row over the Tiggers!

Other games I care about include:

Georgia v GT: SEC versus ACC. Got to pull for the SEC.

Michigan v Ohio St: Go Michigan, knock off the Suckeyes!

ND v. Trojans: I just wish there was a way both teams could lose.

Miss St v Ole Miss: Got to pull for Miss St. Combined with a Bama loss to Auburn, Miss St wins the SEC West instead of Bama.

Florida v FSU: SEC v ACC. Plus FSU should be knocked off by somebody, just because

Baylor v TTech: Got to pull for the unranked underdog to knock off the number 7 ranked team

Minnesota v Wisconsin: Interesting game, don't really have a preference who wins -- of significance because the winner gets a chance to knock off the Suckeyes in the Big 10 championship game.

Tennessee v Vanderbilt: Go Vandy! Poor Vandy is winless in conference play this year. Plus, if Vandy wins, Tennessee places lower in the final conference standings than the Gamecocks, despite the Gamecocks choking horribly in the face to face match against Tennessee.

Auburn v Bama: Auburn v Satan. If Satan wins this game, Satan wins the SEC West, again. Nuff said.

Oregon v. Oregon St: Pulling for the upset, of course.

In Big 10 action, Iowa blows a 24-7 lead in the 3rd to lose to Nebraska, possibly saving Bo Pellini's job.

Regarding Tomorrow: lots of good games on tomorrow. The best weekend of CFB all season long, indeed, no question.

Miss St v Ole Miss: Got to pull for Miss St. Combined with a Bama loss to Auburn, Miss St wins the SEC West instead of Bama.

Florida v FSU: SEC v ACC. Plus FSU should be knocked off by somebody, just because

Baylor v TTech: Got to pull for the unranked underdog to knock off the number 7 ranked team

Minnesota v Wisconsin: Interesting game, don't really have a preference who wins -- of significance because the winner gets a chance to knock off the Suckeyes in the Big 10 championship game.

Tennessee v Vanderbilt: Go Vandy! Poor Vandy is winless in conference play this year. Plus, if Vandy wins, Tennessee places lower in the final conference standings than the Gamecocks, despite the Gamecocks choking horribly in the face to face match against Tennessee.

Auburn v Bama: Auburn v Satan. If Satan wins this game, Satan wins the SEC West, again. Nuff said.

What about the Bucket game?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Bucket game?

Something to do with Indiana?

Indiana-Purdue for the Old Oaken Bucket.

11 CST, Big Ten Network. There may be games on at that time you'd be more interested in though... :)

11 CST, Big Ten Network. There may be games on at that time you'd be more interested in though... :)

I will pull for Indiana to win the Old Oaken Bucket.

• Like 1

I will pull for Indiana to win the Old Oaken Bucket.

• Like 2

I think Mississippi State will do their part and win the Golden Egg, but there is no way in hell Auburn is going to go into Tuscaloosa and beat Alabama after what happened last year in "Jerrden" Hare stadium.

Maybe a miracle will occur and the poor Bulldogs can make it to Atlanta. Glad Mizzou pulled that one out to keep Jawja out of the Jawja-dome. Yessss!