Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

Nevada, down 8 at the half, comes back to lead 42-28 with 3:30 left. Gives up a quick TD, fails to get a first down after a blown BYU onside kick. Now they are letting BYU march the length of the field with 1:30 left, stopping the clock on every play.

:facepalm:

ETA: FUMBLE!!!! Nevada football! :dweez: Game over! NV 42 - BYU 35

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Wasn't able to watch any games yesterday, but apparently Mizzou had a KO return for TD, punt return for TD, scoop and score, and a pick six. Word on the street is that Muschamp is done.

Someone needs to beat Alabama before they backdoor their way into the playoff.

• Like 3

I could see that. I'd take those four over FSU (if they all win out). I'm not sure FSU could finish in the top 4 of the SEC West.

Weird season. Very weird. Topsy turvy. The elite teams will always pan out, though.

How long have you been watching CFB?

You don't seem to have watched it long enough to understand that topsy turvy craziness is an inherent element of it, and always has been.

Which is one reason why it is ABSURD to start screaming about firing a head coach halfway through a down year after that same coach just guided your schools program through its best 4 year span in history.

You're just a troll. You're not really interested in conversation, neither here nor in SOCN. I'll stop now before I say something hurtful that I can't take back.

I could see that. I'd take those four over FSU (if they all win out). I'm not sure FSU could finish in the top 4 of the SEC West.

Weird season. Very weird. Topsy turvy. The elite teams will always pan out, though.

How long have you been watching CFB?

You don't seem to have watched it long enough to understand that topsy turvy craziness is an inherent element of it, and always has been.

Which is one reason why it is ABSURD to start screaming about firing a head coach halfway through a down year after that same coach just guided your schools program through its best 4 year span in history.

You're just a troll. You're not really interested in conversation, neither here nor in SOCN. I'll stop now before I say something hurtful that I can't take back.

You should have stopped earlier.

Spoiled brat SC "fans" freaking out and talking about firing Spurrier in astounding bouts of cry baby stupidity, and it is "Trolling" to berate it for the infantile level stupidity that it is?

So much so, that it makes me a Troll in SOCN too. Wow.

That's right, all those so called "fans" you have been talking back and forth with on other boards about firing Spurrier are cry baby idiots. That is all they are on this subject, nothing more whatsoever. They disgrace the name of Gamecock fan.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I am going to go out a long limb and make a bold (bold, truly, foolish as well, perhaps, we shall see) prediction that the Gamecocks are going to upset Auburn, at Auburn, on this coming Saturday.

Not sure why, but I just have a feeling in my gut that it is going to happen.

We shall see if it was just something like indigestion instead.

I don't know what the over/under is in the TCU-Texas Tech game but there were two TDs in the first 1:12.

Tied at 28 early in the third.

Neither teams defense can stop the other teams offense so far.

Auburn is averaging over 7 yards rushing each carry, just cutting huge chunks into SC's "defense".

Let's see if the Gamecocks can somehow manage a stop.

Bah, 75 yard touchdown run for Auburn.

So much for a stop by the SC defense.

It's a plan to wear down the Auburn defense.

The coaches and players for South Carolina have shown a lot of character tonight. I can't watch, only listen, but we seem to be playing with intensity and heart. We may lose, but we played like true Gamecocks tonight.

I hope Kevin Wilson is watching this game. When your defense can't stop anyone you onside kick.

No, that was a Spurrier copy cat call. A few years ago, when Tommy Tuberville was the coach at Auburn, they possessed the ball most of the 3rd quarter, scored, and on side kicked and recovered. We never ran a play in the 3rd quarter and ultimately lost.

We never on side kick unless we have to. It was a copy cat call.