Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

Geez, what's all this whinny crap about Urban running up the score? :boohoo:

Total bs, hell we gave them charity enough with four turnovers, I guess there right in a way if the Bucks didn't turn the ball over that many times the score would've been" run up " a lot more!!! :yes:

Huh?

Who is whining about that?

Reading numerous comments posted on ESPN after the game and this Huffington Post blogger ripped Urban claiming that's what he did and that he lacked Christian values... :crazy: ... Oh and heard it on Fox sports radio driving home from work late. Callers frustrated Duck fans? or just typical Buckeye bashers pissing and moaning that the game was won and Cardale Jones should've ran out the clock take a knee. Funny the ducks didn't practice the same courtesy when they were pounding FSU and then taunting them after the game.. :eyeroll:

Absolutely ridiculous for Oregon fans to complain about running up scores. Oregon runs up scores on other teams every time it can, which is quite often.

• Like 3

Total bs, hell we gave them charity enough with four turnovers, I guess there right in a way if the Bucks didn't turn the ball over that many times the score would've been" run up " a lot more!!! :yes:

Huh?

Reading numerous comments posted on ESPN after the game and this Huffington Post blogger ripped Urban claiming that's what he did and that he lacked Christian values... :crazy: ... Oh and heard it on Fox sports radio driving home from work late. Callers frustrated Duck fans? or just typical Buckeye bashers pissing and moaning that the game was won and Cardale Jones should've ran out the clock take a knee. Funny the ducks didn't practice the same courtesy when they were pounding FSU and then taunting them after the game.. :eyeroll:

Absolutely ridiculous for Oregon fans to complain about running up scores. Oregon runs up scores on other teams every time it can, which is quite often.

Yep,

And it was shoved down there throats!!! :dweez: :haz: :7up:

• Like 2

Huh?

Yep,

Have I mentioned already that I really enjoyed watching that game, and watching Oregon's gimmicky "Quack Attack" get stomped by a more physical team?

;)

Edited by Closer to the Heart
  • Like 2

Huh?

Yep,

Have I mentioned already that I really enjoyed watching that game, and watching Oregon's gimmicky "Quack Attack" get stomped by a more physical team?

;)

Can you imagine what the score would have been with out the turnovers? :haz:

• Like 1

I saw last week some person (i forget who, not one of the big name announcers) say that he thought the "handing over the baton" was done in the first round of the playoffs, when Ohio State beat Alabama.

I think there might be a lot of truth in that.

Ohio State beat Oregon in much the same way that I envision a high caliber SEC team (from stereotypical images of the conferences) beating them.

So, the baton of old school smash mouth football went from the Alabama, representing the SEC, to Ohio State, out of the Big 10, in that game, symbollicallly.

Urban Meyer has brought SEC football to the Big 10, and is seriously kicking ass with it.

It might be a long time before an SEC school wins the National Championship game again.

Then again, it might happen next year ;)

We shall see ;()

• Like 2

Huh?

Yep,

;)

I imagine that lots of Oregon fans, more so than now, would be wailing hypocritically about "running up the score."

• Like 1

I saw last week some person (i forget who, not one of the big name announcers) say that he thought the "handing over the baton" was done in the first round of the playoffs, when Ohio State beat Alabama.

Ohio State beat Oregon in much the same way that I envision a high caliber SEC team (from stereotypical images of the conferences) beating them.

So, the baton of old school smash mouth football went from the Alabama, representing the SEC, to Ohio State, out of the Big 10, in that game, symbollicallly.

Urban Meyer has brought SEC football to the Big 10, and is seriously kicking ass with it.

It might be a long time before an SEC school wins the National Championship game again.

We shall see ;()

Great Point!

I was thinking the same thing this week. Meyer is a genius!! He knows what it takes to win. I read some where this week that OSU has mostly freshman and sophmores on the team. That has to be a scary thought for other teams. Plus, Meyer won't let them relax and get big heads.

We shall see ;()

Great Point!

I was thinking the same thing this week. Meyer is a genius!! He knows what it takes to win. I read some where this week that OSU has mostly freshman and sophmores on the team. That has to be a scary thought for other teams. Plus, Meyer won't let them relax and get big heads.

Yes, but one never knows for sure what team might result from year to year.

It would be a mistake, imo, to assume that Ohio State is going to keep on rolling to more National Championships next year or in folklowing years.

One never knows what it will translate to on the field, and for all anyone knows, Ohio State might lose 3 or 4 games next year.

The field will tell.

• Like 1

We shall see ;()

Great Point!

Yes, but one never knows for sure what team might result from year to year.

It would be a mistake, imo, to assume that Ohio State is going to keep on rolling to more National Championships next year or in folklowing years.

One never knows what it will translate to on the field, and for all anyone knows, Ohio State might lose 3 or 4 games next year.

The field will tell.

I can't imagine 3 or 4 loses but you never know.

Rooster's playoff picks for next year:

Acc champ: Clemson

Sec champ: Auburn

B1G champ: Ohio State

Big XII champ: TCU

I doubt Auburn will win the SEC next year.

As for Clemson, why do you think they will be in the playoffs?

Nothing I saw of Clemson this year makes me think they will go to the playoffs.

The only game that they won against a team which finished ranked in the top 25 was a victory over Louisville, which ended up ranked 24, with a 9-4 record.

All Auburn lacked was a defense. They'll have that with Muschamp. He had bad luck as HC, but he'll have a great defense. Auburn won't lose a game.

Dude, I consider that to be a way out there prediction. You are making all kinds of assumptions that are more likely than not going to prove to be NOT TRUE, imo.

Why Clemson will win the ACC? Their QB, WATSON, tore up the field when they finally let him play. They're very young a d getting mad recruits from everywhere. Their defense is awesome and Dabo is a great coach and motivator.

I hate them, but gotta call it like it is.

Call it like it is. They beat only one team that finished in the top 25, at 24.

They got curbstomped by both Georgia and Georgia Tech. They kinda almost beat an overrated Florida State team, but lost that game too.

You are spinning way too much into what they actually achieved this year, and multiplying your error into wild speculations about next year.

Anyway, no point in arguing about this further. We have both stated our views. The only thing left is to wait till next season to see what actually happens on the field.

I think we've talked about this before, but with the elite programs, it's only 3 or 4 plays that actually decide who wins the big games. If a teams plays 5 really big football games in a year, it's only about 15 or 20 plays that actually make the difference between the team going to a not-so-good-bowl to the playoffs. This is what distinguishes Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and the rest of the elite coaches from everyone else. It's like when you look at the scores at the end of a golf tournament. After 72 holes of golf, the top 10 or 15 golfers are sometimes within 10 strokes of each other. They didn't really lose by that much. Even Nick Saban, who is a stickler for details and a micromanager of the highest magnitude, was unprepared to defend against a long FG attempt that came up short, against Auburn last year. One detail cost them the game.

Plus, injuries and arrests in the off season and during the playing season are impossible to predict.

I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong about Clemson - there is no doubt about that.

Huh?

Yep,

;)

The margin of victory would've been larger also for the Bucks in Sugar Bowl against Bama also if it wasn't for couple redzone turnovers ....
  • Like 1

Huh?

Yep,

;)

The margin of victory would've been larger also for the Bucks in Sugar Bowl against Bama also if it wasn't for couple redzone turnovers ....

:haz: :7up:

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/trout81/ncf_ohiostate_ms_608x342.png

http://sports.yahoo....-201727448.html

This will be a tough choice to make when the time comes.

True.. but it sure is nice to be in this position..... Now the Browns it's a choice who's going to suck less, Josh McCown or Johnny rehab? And yes trout I know your a Raiders fan... :P
  • Like 1