The Official Golf Hacker Thread

Had a few good shots, but one spectacular shot. A long par 4, 495 yds, put my 2nd shot 5 feet from the pin with a 3 wood.

I had a spectacular PAR last week.....

I topped my drive off the tee. It went about 50-60 yards at the most. I crushed a 5-iron and then hit a high 8-iron to put the ball 5 feet away from the hole.

PAR 4!! WOO HOO!! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I'm getting worse... 49 today.

And that's with a birdie on the par 5 6th.

On the 8th hole, I crushed a drive, faded right and landed on the other side of a little creek. Not sure how you guys play, but we do 1 mulligan off the tee every 9 holes. I decided to take my mulligan and laced one down the middle of the fairway, 260. There were a couple guys feet from my first drive, and I asked one of them to toss my ball across. I said to chuck it, I'll get it wherever it lands... just make sure it clears the creek. He underhanded it and... yup, right in the creek. The only lost ball all day!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

Had a few good shots, but one spectacular shot. A long par 4, 495 yds, put my 2nd shot 5 feet from the pin with a 3 wood.

I topped my drive off the tee. It went about 50-60 yards at the most. I crushed a 5-iron and then hit a high 8-iron to put the ball 5 feet away from the hole.

Just the way the architect drew it up!
  • Like 1

Today's adventure: 7th Hole, Par 3. Valley in between the tee and green. My tee shot hooks, hits the cart path and bounces past the green and up a steep hill - about 50 feet away from the green. I chip back down the steep hill and the ball stops about 15 feet from the hole. My par putt curves into the left edge, does a 270-degree rim job and goes IN.

Just like I drew it up!! :LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

Today's adventure: 7th Hole, Par 3. Valley in between the tee and green. My tee shot hooks, hits the cart path and bounces past the green and up a steep hill - about 50 feet away from the green. I chip back down the steep hill and the ball stops about 15 feet from the hole. My par putt curves into the left edge, does a 270-degree rim job and goes IN.

Just like I drew it up!! :LOL: :lol:

All that practice paying off!

So, Sunday I played Men's Club for the first time in a long while. Played OK, but after the regular event we did a horse race. The format is a war of attrition, where you can do poorly, but as long as someone else does worse, you get to keep going. We started with ten (yes, all at the same time on the same hole). By the 5th hole there were just two of us. It being a par 5 with a huge landing area (in spite of a huge water hazard), I tee it up and blast a perfect drive. Perfect for the wet morning, but not the dry afternoon. It ran 325 yards through the fairway and into the water. So, I drop, pull out a 5-iron and just stripe it toward the back pin...but slightly right of perfect. Again, it was dry, so my ball hit, kicked right, and went into the lake. I drop, now lying four, and chip it tight for an easy bogie. My opponent had been in the driver's seat but left his approach in the rough, fluffed one, and now needed to get up and down to tie. He left himself a 7-footer, which he missed. So, long story short...

Two in the water and a nice chip to secure a bogie wins me the horse race payout. :D Straight is over-rated.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Went out Sunday, perfect golfing day here. Low humidity, partly cloudy, low wind, about 70 degrees.... I started off terrible, a pair or 6s on 2 par 4s. Started to clean things up a bit, finished with a 45... a couple pars and a birdie. I made birdie the 8th and par on the 9th. Both long putts... the birdie putt was 40ft up 2 slopes. Really jut luck seeing it was such an ugly putt, I just went with my gut. The other one was about 25ft, but I had a pretty good read from a guy about 35ft out on the same line.
  • Like 1

Went out Sunday, perfect golfing day here. Low humidity, partly cloudy, low wind, about 70 degrees.... I started off terrible, a pair or 6s on 2 par 4s. Started to clean things up a bit, finished with a 45... a couple pars and a birdie. I made birdie the 8th and par on the 9th. Both long putts... the birdie putt was 40ft up 2 slopes. Really jut luck seeing it was such an ugly putt, I just went with my gut. The other one was about 25ft, but I had a pretty good read from a guy about 35ft out on the same line.

Nice! Nothing like making a long putt for birdie!

Long birdie putts are great, but my preference is those very short TAP-IN birdie putts!

Of course, I've never had one yet, but that's another story.......

Long birdie putts are great, but my preference is those very short TAP-IN birdie putts!

Of course, I've never had one yet, but that's another story.......

Tap in birdie putts piss me off because they could have been eagles...

:LOL:

• Like 1

I hit the best bucket of balls in a LONG time today. :haz:

1. I put the ball in the middle of my stance, even when driving.

2. I moved myself away from the ball, to prevent all the "ground first" hits I've been having. Guess I've been reaching too much during my forward swing..... :doh:

3. Really focused on keeping the left arm straight, taking a full back swing, and rotating my hips.

The ball was launching nice and straight and far, regardless of the club I was using. Once again, I told myself, "You know what to do, so go do it on the COURSE!!" Oh, the life of an undisciplined Hacker..... :LOL: :lol:

• Like 2

Had my first office scramble, we finished E. Par on every hole, no bogies or birdies. Had a couple great drives and a couple great putts, but missed all 5 birdie putts we had!

Had my first office scramble, we finished E. Par on every hole, no bogies or birdies. Had a couple great drives and a couple great putts, but missed all 5 birdie putts we had!

Well, how did that stack up against the competition?

it was a 9 hole contest, we tied for first.

it was a 9 hole contest, we tied for first.

Nice!

41 today! Had 4 birdie putts and missed them all though. 4 pars, 5 bogies, no lost balls.

Regardless of the scorecard, it's always a good day when you don't lose any balls! :ebert: :LOL:

• Like 1

Just watched Fowler put back to back shots OB from the middle of the fairway. Even the best in the world struggle from time to time.

Man, I had a great start yesterday. Par on 3 of the first 4 holes, and had a damn Eagle putt on the 4th. 3 putts for a par. So frustrating! I could have been at par if I was a better putter. Finished +4 at 40 and hit 5 outta 9 holes in regulation or better.

Highlight for me was my drive on the 6th. Elevated tee, 390. My drive cleared the hill and got a nice bounce. I was inside the 100yd marker!

Man, I had a great start yesterday. Par on 3 of the first 4 holes, and had a damn Eagle putt on the 4th. 3 putts for a par. So frustrating! I could have been at par if I was a better putter. Finished +4 at 40 and hit 5 outta 9 holes in regulation or better.

Highlight for me was my drive on the 6th. Elevated tee, 390. My drive cleared the hill and got a nice bounce. I was inside the 100yd marker!

You posting for an official GHIN? You're putting up impressive numbers!

Played in a two-man scramble today with my buddy. We ended up shooting even par. The winning team shot 76, but because of their handicap carded a 53!!! We would have had to shoot 63 just to tie. :LOL:

Played 18 today...

Three double bogies :rage:

Three birdies... ::haz:

Made a 65ft putt. :)

Edited by goose
  • Like 1