Let's All Go to Delaware!

ThatLightInYourEyes

Iowa got B.o.B? I'm ashamed to call myself an Iowan...oh, well I guess I can use the excuse that I'm not an Iowan since my dad was in the Navy (moved a lot)

Judging by the surrounding states I think I'll have to get there by boat..!

I don't understand that map.

Me neither. What's the point? What am I looking for? Where is Delaware located again? Too many hard hitting questions have been left unanswered for my liking.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I don't understand that map.

Me neither. What's the point? What am I looking for? Where is Delaware located again? Too many hard hitting questions have been left unanswered for my liking.

We're the coolest state on this map, located just left of Pennsylvania with the " <---------- Rush" next to it. :ebert:

• Like 1

The point of the map is in tiny letters at the bottom:

"This map shows the most distinctive top-100 artist for each state"

How is that not clear?!? :LOL:

Is it popularity? Record sales? Times the artist is played on local radio? The "map shows" description sucks!

Ive never really known anyone from Delaware. Ive always thought it was like a mythical state or some government conspiracy.

Now being on TRF, apparently there really are people in Delaware!

• Like 1

Ive never really known anyone from Delaware. Ive always thought it was like a mythical state or some government conspiracy.

:yes:

:yes:

http://www.ripitgood.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/delaware.jpg

Yes but be careful what you say when we're within earshot. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Is it popularity? Record sales? Times the artist is played on local radio? The "map shows" description sucks!

I thought it was the state each band picked as their favorite state. :P

• Like 1

I thought it was the state each band picked as their favorite state. :P

Haha. Could be.

It's actually tracked by google searches of bands and downloads from what I've heard.

As I found out before, the map shows state-by-state, which artist has the most disproportionate popularity vs. the national average.

So, if Joe Smegma is googled twice per year, per capita, nationally, but 25 times per year per capita in Idaho, he "wins" Idaho (because he's 13.5 times more popular in Idaho than he is nationally), even though say, Lady Antebellum gets googled 10,000 times per year in Idaho (vs. a national average of 5,000) and is only twice as popular as average.

As I found out before, the map shows state-by-state, which artist has the most disproportionate popularity vs. the national average.

So, if Joe Smegma is googled twice per year, per capita, nationally, but 25 times per year per capita in Idaho, he "wins" Idaho (because he's 13.5 times more popular in Idaho than he is nationally), even though say, Lady Antebellum gets googled 10,000 times per year in Idaho (vs. a national average of 5,000) and is only twice as popular as average.

:eh: Huh?

I work in Delaware. As soon you cross the state line it is mandatory that you listen to Rush. Fortunately it has never been been a problem for me.

• Like 2