Jump to content


Your_Lion's Tunes


  • Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 18890 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 14 November 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 14 November 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

View PostYour_Lion, on 08 November 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Right...you asked for more...so here it is.
I've been working on this one for quite a while. I'd been wanting to do a multi-part rock epic. It's a quite long (11 mins) so hopefully if you enjoyed my other stuff you might have the patience to make it through. Besides...we like long songs here, right?

It's untitled yet, but maybe one of you kind folks might help with that (I know Ducky is good at stuff like that). It's in three main sections, so I was wanting a main title, with three sub titles...but my mind's a blank.

Anyway, hope you like it. here's my Untitled Epic:

https://soundcloud.c...r/untitled-epic

Really great work there. You're an excellent player.
Thanks for the kind words :) and cheers for taking the time to listen :cheers:

Sure thing! Perhaps you could return the favor in the thread next door?

Sponsored Post

#42 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 01 May 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Hi all :hi:

I thought I'd make use of this new sub-forum to share some stuff.

Firstly, I've posted this before, and I've had a link to it in my profile, but for those of you who haven't checked it out, please do...

Nutcasey

https://soundcloud.c...s-dear/nutcasey

An instrumental piece recorded on my home 12 track. Everything is me, including programmed drums. It's basically me attempting a kind of Steve Vai style extravaganza. Enjoy


Next up, I haven't posted this before, because I've only just heard it myself. My band's cover of Maiden classic Hallowed Be Thy Name.

https://soundcloud.c...wed-be-thy-name

The recording isn't perfect. Just a couple of mics set up in the practice room, but you get the idea. There's a few fluffs, and the solo isn't my best, but remember, I'm only one guitarist, not the two or three that Maiden has.

Thank you for taking the time. Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Dude,

That's insane! :haz: :ebert:

#43 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

Do you know VH - Pleasure Dome? :haz:

#44 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 08 November 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Right...you asked for more...so here it is.
I've been working on this one for quite a while. I'd been wanting to do a multi-part rock epic. It's a quite long (11 mins) so hopefully if you enjoyed my other stuff you might have the patience to make it through. Besides...we like long songs here, right?

It's untitled yet, but maybe one of you kind folks might help with that (I know Ducky is good at stuff like that). It's in three main sections, so I was wanting a main title, with three sub titles...but my mind's a blank.

Anyway, hope you like it. here's my Untitled Epic:

https://soundcloud.c...r/untitled-epic
Since Ducky hasn't shown up, I'll give it a try.  :smoke: What about?

Blank Minds Alike
  
  z) Epic Encounter
  y) Her Dear (In The Dawn Of Light)
  x) Deleave Your Mind

#45 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:21 AM

View Postgreyfriar, on 24 November 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

View PostYour_Lion, on 08 November 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Right...you asked for more...so here it is.
I've been working on this one for quite a while. I'd been wanting to do a multi-part rock epic. It's a quite long (11 mins) so hopefully if you enjoyed my other stuff you might have the patience to make it through. Besides...we like long songs here, right?

It's untitled yet, but maybe one of you kind folks might help with that (I know Ducky is good at stuff like that). It's in three main sections, so I was wanting a main title, with three sub titles...but my mind's a blank.

Anyway, hope you like it. here's my Untitled Epic:

https://soundcloud.c...r/untitled-epic
Since Ducky hasn't shown up, I'll give it a try.  :smoke: What about?

Blank Minds Alike
  
  z) Epic Encounter
  y) Her Dear (In The Dawn Of Light)
  x) Deleave Your Mind
I love it! :ebert: So it shall be

#46 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

Just saw that you renamed it on Soundcloud. Wow, that's a major honour. :cheers:
Really love your playing in the song. Just fantastic.

#47 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Three new ones coming at some point in the near future :guitar:

There's two that I've had finished for a bit, but never got round to uploading: Opening Salvo and Wait of the World, and a third one that I'm just finishing up recording: Abstraction.
I figured I'd upload them all together, and put them into a playlist, since I've got what is considered a good album length now.

#48 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 24 December 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Three new ones coming at some point in the near future :guitar:

There's two that I've had finished for a bit, but never got round to uploading: Opening Salvo and Wait of the World, and a third one that I'm just finishing up recording: Abstraction.
I figured I'd upload them all together, and put them into a playlist, since I've got what is considered a good album length now.
You hadst almost two days. What's cookin'? :beathorse:

#49 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:01 AM

Nice to see some pre-release excitement from my German fanbase :lol:

Here we are then... I do declare this to be an album:

https://soundcloud.c...-of-concoctions

A Collection of Concoctions

1. Opening Salvo
2. Fray
3. Wait of the World
4. Saywhat
5. Liquid Light
6. Nutcasey
7. Abstraction
8. Blank Minds Alike
  z) Epic Encounter
  y) Her Dear (In The Dawn Of Light)
  x) Deleave Your Mind


Total runtime - 47:08
Every note written, performed and recorded by Tobias Dear (me)
© 2014 LionMusic

enjoy...and thank you for listening

Edited by Your_Lion, 27 December 2014 - 06:01 AM.


#50 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

What a way to start a year. Sitting in the living room, five in the morning, listening and singing out loud, to this. :cheers:
Holy ghost, this is heavy shit man. :smoke:

#51 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Cheers grey :cheers: I'm happy you're enjoying it :)

#52 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

I enjoyed it so much that I sang some nonsense lyrics to some of the tunes.
Have to give the whole thing another go later on. For now I can say, just brilliant. :cheers:

#53 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Do you play this?

AC/DC - Walk All Over You


This song is kicking my a**!! :lol: :guitar:

#54 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

View Posttroutman, on 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Do you play this?

AC/DC - Walk All Over You


This song is kicking my a**!! :lol: :guitar:
We do Whole Lotta Rosie....and I do the duckwalk ;)

#55 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 29 January 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Do you play this?

AC/DC - Walk All Over You


This song is kicking my a**!! :lol: :guitar:
We do Whole Lotta Rosie....and I do the duckwalk ;)

Nice! :ebert:

#56 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hey,

Can you play UFO - You Don't Fool Me? :guitar: :D

#57 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

    SOCN Court Jester

  • Members *
  • 10205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

FINALLY listened - great stuff!

#58 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

    Professor Gumby

  • Members
  • 63088 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Yorkshire, UK
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostPrime Mover and Shaker, on 17 March 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

FINALLY listened - great stuff!
:cheers: Thanks for listening :)

#59 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

    Many Happy Returns

  • Members *
  • 7194 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostYour_Lion, on 27 December 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Nice to see some pre-release excitement from my German fanbase :lol:

Here we are then... I do declare this to be an album:

https://soundcloud.c...-of-concoctions

A Collection of Concoctions

1. Opening Salvo
2. Fray
3. Wait of the World
4. Saywhat
5. Liquid Light
6. Nutcasey
7. Abstraction
8. Blank Minds Alike
  z) Epic Encounter
  y) Her Dear (In The Dawn Of Light)
  x) Deleave Your Mind


Total runtime - 47:08
Every note written, performed and recorded by Tobias Dear (me)
© 2014 LionMusic

enjoy...and thank you for listening

Nice! :guitar: <<<<<<< Y_L rockin' out!

#60 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79247 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostYour_Lion, on 29 January 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 27 January 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Do you play this?

    AC/DC - Walk All Over You


This song is kicking my a**!! :lol: :guitar:
We do Whole Lotta Rosie....and I do the duckwalk ;)

Awesome! Would love to see the duckwalk!  :ebert :




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users