Welcome to Exercises in Self-Indulgence

So, what is this new subforum for, anyway?

It's for TRF members who are musicians and have music to post -- music that they have recorded either by themselves or with their bands. Original tunes, cover tunes (Rush or otherwise), forum jams or collaborations? It's all good.

Have some of your music posted on YouTube, Facebook, Soundcloud, MySpace, or your own website? Post links in here. Are you a non-musician and want to hear the music your fellow TRFers have been coming up with? Stop in and give them a listen, and post your opinions or constructive criticism!

We felt such content was being hidden in MMM. Makes sense -- that forum is mainly for topics that deal with music gear and how-to-play-this-or-that-song. Meaning, the people who frequent MMM most often are the musicians among us, and we have members here who are creating music that maybe the whole board would be interested in hearing. All such threads that were originally posted in MMM have been moved into here (or most of them, anyway -- we may have missed a few).

This forum is for music recorded by YOU, the TRF member, or maybe by your child or other family member, and not some random clip you found on YouTube made by some random person. Those can be posted in other parts of the board. Want to talk equipment, or what chord is being played at the beginning of "Hard Day's Night?" That's what MMM is for. Once you've learned how to use all that gear and you've made a recording, post it in here so the whole board can laugh at you hear your brilliance!

Your moderators are launchpad67a and CygnusX-1Bk2, naturally.

• Like 6

Great idea :cheers:

You're right, things got quickly buried in MMM

Love it. I'll kick it off with our live version of Xanadu. I love live music, flaws and all. A certain energy that is so hard to reproduce in a studio. I will, however, post some studio stuff in the future.

• Like 2

I have a great triangle rendition of YYZ... coming soon

I heard it's even better than your extended cowbell solo during "In The Mood".