Tina S covers Comfy Numb solo

Steevo

She knows all the notes but lacks the feeling. It'll come with age and experience though.

Well exactly. I didn't post it for feeling, her age and what she's playing is exceptional, end of.

She knows all the notes but lacks the feeling. It'll come with age and experience though.

Well exactly. I didn't post it for feeling, her age and what she's playing is exceptional, end of.

The whole point of THAT solo is feeling. From a technical standpoint it's not a terribly challenging solo to play -- it's not tough to nail the notes. Making the notes cry like Gilmour does is the tough part.

IMO the girl does play with feeling, but it's more of an aggressive metal-ish feel rather than a dripping-with-bluesy-emotion one. That was her interpretation and that's fine, but I much prefer the second guy's approach.

• Like 4

The whole point of THAT solo is feeling. From a technical standpoint it's not a terribly challenging solo to play -- it's not tough to nail the notes. Making the notes cry like Gilmour does is the tough part.

IMO the girl does play with feeling, but it's more of an aggressive metal-ish feel rather than a dripping-with-bluesy-emotion one. That was her interpretation and that's fine, but I much prefer the second guy's approach.

The second guy for the record is a pro guitarist (He's the new guitarist from Judas Priest, Richie Faulkner) so it's probably not fair to the girl to compare them. .

• Like 1

The second guy for the record is a pro guitarist (He's the new guitarist from Judas Priest, Richie Faulkner) so it's probably not fair to the girl to compare them. .

I know you didn't mean to compare. Give her time man, she will play with more feeling for sure. I'm a sucker for a girl with a gat, what can I say.

Gilmour has huge ham hands, you have to pull off those double bends and slow vibrato to nail his solos.

I think the 2nd solo is the delicate sound of thunder live version.

Tina S other vids are still fun to watch...I don't know how she does it with those tiny pointy fingers...pretty amazing.

I really agree with this assessment.

She has great technique and tone. She has feeling, but it is aggressive and angry, not tortured and anguished, like I get from Gilmour. A few times it felt like she was trying to push the tempo of the song because she really wanted to wail. One thing that I did like was that she has a nice transition from playing at the 7th fret to way up to the highest notes on the B and E strings.