Most Underrated Rush Song

Death by Bytor

Yello!

As a new member and a 2.gif fan (I guess you could call us "Rushians", but that might get confused with "Russians" wink.gif ) I am making this section.

What do you think is the most underrated Rush song of all time? Not just by "Rushians" but by everyone?

Me, personally, I think that people don't appreciate "Subdivisions". I love it. I'm not sure if it's underrated, but it's not nearly as popular as "Tom Sawyer" "YYZ" "Roll the Bones", you know.

And, if Bytor got into a fight with the Ghost Rider, who would win? I know that's just stupid, buy hey. Be creative as of why, but just tell us which song is most underated.

Well, happy posting.

-Death by Bytor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Death by Bytor @ Jul 20 2005, 09:54 PM)
Yello!

As a new member and a 2.gif fan (I guess you could call us "Rushians", but that might get confused with "Russians" wink.gif ) I am making this section.

What do you think is the most underrated Rush song of all time? Not just by "Rushians" but by everyone?

Me, personally, I think that people don't appreciate "Subdivisions". I love it. I'm not sure if it's underrated, but it's not nearly as popular as "Tom Sawyer" "YYZ" "Roll the Bones", you know.

And, if Bytor got into a fight with the Ghost Rider, who would win? I know that's just stupid, buy hey. Be creative as of why, but just tell us which song is most underated.

Well, happy posting.

-Death by Bytor

Subdivision is an interesting choice. Q104.3 is a classic rock station out of NY city and there is this one DJ that plays Subdivisions every once in a while. I find that she plays that more than Limelight or Freewill like the other DJs. I do agree that it is underrated, but it's nice to know that there is a classic rock DJ out there that knows a good song. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Jul 21 2005, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Jul 21 2005, 06:26 PM)
Dog Years

goodpost.gif

People think it's awful, when it's just really bad. yes.gif

man, people are always harshing on this song, calling it awful, really bad, etc. mad.gif

personally, i just think it's lame wink.gif

I would have to nominate Prime Mover and Dreamline. It's not like these songs are held in low regard necessarily, but they rarely get mentioned when people are mentioning the great Rush songs, and for me these are right up there with their very best... yes.gif

Time and Motion, Coldfire, Marathon.

I haven't been here long enough to say something has or hasn't been recognized, but I love these songs.

I think a lot of the stuff from Presto gets overlooked. Songs like War Paint, Superconductor, Red Tide, Hand Over Fist, Available Light. I mean, you never hear about those, and they are so good. Presto in general is underrated IMO. The only songs you ever hear from that live are Show Don't Tell and The Pass.

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Jul 21 2005, 08:19 PM)
Most underated Rush song: Time and Motion

T4E was the last of the RUSH albums I bought (2 months ago). Time and Motion sometimes gets stuck in my head and I can't get it out.

Other songs that Underrated: Cinderella Man, High Water

Have to agree with some previous posts.

Three that would always make it to my favourite list are Vital Signs, Prime Mover and Dreamline. While these are underrated, they generally don't feature on the love / hate. This lists feature songs which people really love and significant groups of people really hate.

I love Kid Gloves but I am aware that others hate it!

Thinking back, I realize that "The Trees" is kinda underrated. I like it. It 's defenitly not my favorite, but it's got an interesting story, and it's fairly short as people can play it on the radio.

Well it have to be songs that are not played on "big" radio stations and/or songs that are not on best of, live, or compilation albums......so.....these are a few of my choices:

Countdown

Circumstances

Prime Mover

Middletown Dreams

Time and Motion

Chemistry

Kid Gloves

Between the Wheels

Red Tide

Presto

The Big Wheel

Archived