Neil Peart - April Update

Union 5-3992

That is a good one. It's very nicely structured with a beginning, middle and end. The memories of his previous trip during his Ghost Rider days makes this trip very poignant. Yes, there is a bit of Rush information too.

I think its very cool Neil has an interest in plants. Hope he keeps including them in his travels. I collect agaves and bizarre-looking succulents...I especially love the desert plants. He should grab some agave pups or smaller plants while out there next time...its a fun hobby. Edited by GeminiRising79

I think its very cool Neil has an interest in plants. Hope he keeps including them in his travels. I collect agaves and bizarre-looking succulents...I especially love the desert plants. He should grab some agave pups or smaller plants while out there next time...its a fun hobby.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/xpuffystaticx/SuicideBooth-Futurama.gif

• Like 1

This was definitely not his best (or at least, not his most interesting). I enjoyed the flashback to Telescope Peak and to see how some of the lyrics worked into other songs, but there's simply too much detail on things that aren't very interesting or particularly perceptive.

Anyway, I'm still glad that he does this, and I got some enjoyment out of it, but for those of you who generally find this stuff boring, this is not one that you want to read.

I hated the 2 word sentences, but Peart's genius is on display again. The man is so knowledgeable, and I envy that. I also envy him getting to travel those places and actually explore them. I have been by them so many times in the truck, but, obviously, couldn't stop and explore like that. I am very envious of his lifestyle of exploration.

It sounds like he really doesn't want to tour anymore.

• Like 1

I hated the 2 word sentences, but Peart's genius is on display again. The man is so knowledgeable, and I envy that. I also envy him getting to travel those places and actually explore them. I have been by them so many times in the truck, but, obviously, couldn't stop and explore like that. I am very envious of his lifestyle of exploration.

It sounds like he really doesn't want to tour anymore.

What makes you say that?

• Like 1

I mainly read his updates to check out his adventuring, which is generally present in every one. Especially last year's story where he was parading around my state's (Utah) national parks, making me super jelly.

The sheer number of miles, roads, he has driven and rode, and the places he has been, is pretty cool.

The man is in shape for hitting a seven hour hike at 61 years.

• Like 1

"It was an enjoyable, rewarding few hours—but after, I thought about doing that every day, like rehearsing for a tour. The idea did not appeal. The same with the 950-mile motorcycle ride to Death Valley and back, and all the packing and unpacking—it did not make me want to go back to doing that every day, like on tour." Edited by Aikenrooster

"It was an enjoyable, rewarding few hours—but after, I thought about doing that every day, like rehearsing for a tour. The idea did not appeal. The same with the 950-mile motorcycle ride to Death Valley and back, and all the packing and unpacking—it did not make me want to go back to doing that every day, like on tour."

Wasn't that before Ray Danniels sat him down in a chair with the bright light shining down in his eyes?

Went to Death Valley this weekend and Saturday was our day of extremes. Started out in Badwater Basin, the Lowest point in the States, and ended up at Mahogany Flats Campgound for the sunset. Lots of off roading and sight seeing in between. Including several sites used to film Star Wars' Tatooine. Yes I'm a geek. :P But I did see this (photo) while there. Neil's Travels and my wife's goal of seeing every National Park seem to cross paths pretty often.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/biffmalibu01012/MahagonyBubba01copy.jpg

Edited by hunter
  • Like 1

I hated the 2 word sentences.

YES!!!

It seems like Neil has been spending too much time on HuffingtonPost. It seems nearly every day they do that stupid "Because _____" two word crap as if it's witty or original. That and responding to comments with "_____ much?" and other stupid 2 word sentences. I hate it, and now Neil's doing it.

Because douche.