Mmmmm Mmmmm.... Juice boxes

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/27/juice-boxes-filled-with-mold-how-you-can-protect-your-family/

Something was wrong with Nathan’s juice box.

“I poked a hole in the juice box and I poured it into his cup for him to drink and poured half the juice box in and everything looked normal,” Suzanne Hogue said.

But everything wasn’t “normal.”

Hogue found mold inside her son’s juice box.

“It took up half of the juice box and at that point it was brown, black, green. I didn`t even know what I was looking at at first. I was so shocked when I opened it up. I had no idea what it was. It was so repulsive and it had an odor,” Hogue said.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

I've never understood giving your kid that kind of crap, anyway. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I can't believe what parents hand to their children to ingest. Ok, I guess 100% fresh juice in moderation is ok, but, it's basically sugar-water that's been processed all to shit. Hand your kid an orange or an apple and give them water. Learn how much sugar, fat, carbs and protein a child needs in one day and most kids are getting that in one meal!!

:blah:

:rantoff:

Edited by umoveme
  • Like 6

I've never understood giving your kid that kind of crap, anyway. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I can't believe what parents hand to their children to ingest. Ok, I guess 100% fresh juice in moderation is ok, but, it's basically sugar-water that's been processed all to shit. Hand your kid an orange or an apple and give them water. Learn how much sugar, fat, carbs and protein a child needs in one day and most kids are getting that in one meal!!

We still buy them once in a while for field trips or parties. We only buy the 100% juice stuff, and figure it's ok once in a while.

• Like 1

yeah, my rant comes from seeing 100s of school "lunches" prepared by parents and just generally seeing what crap lots of little ones eat.
  • Like 2

yeah, my rant comes from seeing 100s of school "lunches" prepared by parents and just generally seeing what crap lots of little ones eat.

We haven't prepared a lunch in a year or two. My daughter still takes a sandwich or leftovers from dinner... but she's old enough to do it herself now :)

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree.

My daughter will pick cottage cheese or apple slices over cookies any day. She drinks mostly water and sugar-free juices, and is physically very active.

I absolutely give her juice boxes when she's behaved well. Going to the park? mostly I bring ice cold water, but sometimes I grab a juice box as well as a baggie of grapes.

People act like you're feeding your kid poison if you give them a juice box. Your kid can still be healthy and indulge every now and then. How the hell did I survive as a kid? cause I drank juice boxes and turned out fine lol.

Besides- whenever a parent does something I don't agree with, I have a wonderful solution- I don't judge. Really not that hard.

As long as they're not beating their kids, I don't care.

Again, not your kids so don't judge. Not that hard.

You want everything this way and wanna act all perfect- you'd fit in great in China. lol

Actually, I said in moderation 100% juice is fine. Most of those single serving things are concentrated sugar-water though, like Capri Sun and all that stuff.

And I can say crap food is crap. It's not a judgment. It's actually proven to be "not healthy", but LOL, Oh well!! LOL!!!!

Don't judge my posts! :-D not that hard! Ignore them, in fact! Go chill in a pubic hair thread.

Edited by umoveme
  • Like 2

And I can say crap food is crap. It's not a judgment. It's actually proven to be "not healthy", but LOL, Oh well!! LOL!!!!

Don't judge my posts! :-D not that hard! Ignore them, in fact! Go chill in a pubic hair thread.

But pubic hair is so scratchy, ain't it? gets betwixt yer teeth and such :D

You can definitely say food is crap. I'm afraid you just don't comprehend how judgmental, hateful and rude you come across in every single post you make. You really do. You won't admit to it, and that's fine. I expect it.

But I'm telling you, it's the truth.

I don't judge, but I do not hesitate to call out jerks :)

Truthfully parenting is about as an inexact science as there is but some people are still way better at it than others.... :)
  • Like 1

You can definitely say food is crap. I'm afraid you just don't comprehend how judgmental, hateful and rude you come across in every single post you make. You really do. You won't admit to it, and that's fine. I expect it.

Awe, it's so hateful to talk about juice boxes. Why do you care? I think you're over-reacting just a leeetle bit. Why do you take it personally? It's your opinion that I come off hateful. Learn the difference between fact and opinion. You're defensive and immature.

• Like 4

Awe, it's so hateful to talk about juice boxes. Why do you care? I think you're over-reacting just a leeetle bit. Why do you take it personally? It's your opinion that I come off hateful. Learn the difference between fact and opinion. You're defensive and immature.

Honey, I am not immature lmao. I made a simple statement.

You have been nothing but a high n mighty, holer-than-thou know it all. You act all innocent and laugh it off, but deep down, you KNOW you go out of your way on a daily basis to be a witch.

You just labeled me a bad mother for giving my child juice boxes. You labeled millions of parents under an ugly label, talkin out your a$$.

You act like your word is TRUTH- lemme tell you, honey. Come live in the real world. You're so quick to judge, but you really have no idea.

I give Lucy juice boxes. She is incredibly healthy, and I am a damn good mom.

I have confidence in myself.

You....you're just smug when really, you shouldn't be.

You have been nothing but a high n mighty, holer-than-thou know it all. You act all innocent and laugh it off, but deep down, you KNOW you go out of your way on a daily basis to be a witch.

You just labeled me a bad mother for giving my child juice boxes. You labeled millions of parents under an ugly label, talkin out your a$$.

You act like your word is TRUTH- lemme tell you, honey. Come live in the real world. You're so quick to judge, but you really have no idea.

You read WAY too much into a statement about a food product. I don't live in the real world? Really?? How do you know? I raised 3 kids as a single mother on a teacher's salary and put myself though school. What "real world" are YOU talking about?

I don't say anyone is a bad parent for giving their child a f***ing juice box. You're paranoid! "McDonalds isn't healthy!" Is that a hateful statement, too? Millions of people eat there!! OMG!

Why does my opinion on junk food effect you so much? Your perception isn't correct. You're far too sensitive to benign, blanket statements about juice boxes. Really.

BTW, You've done lots of name calling and made judgmental assumptions about me, personally. You choose to make my comments about you and your parenting. Don't take my posts so seriously. I sure don't! You really are reading far too much into it.

• Like 2

You read WAY too much into a statement about a food product. I don't live in the real world? Really?? How do you know? I raised 3 kids as a single mother on a teacher's salary and put myself though school. What "real world" are YOU talking about?

I don't say anyone is a bad parent for giving their child a f***ing juice box. You're paranoid! "McDonalds isn't healthy!" Is that a hateful statement, too? Millions of people eat there!! OMG!

Why does my opinion on junk food effect you so much? Your perception isn't correct. You're far too sensitive to benign, blanket statements about juice boxes. Really.

BTW, You've done lots of name calling and made judgmental assumptions about me, personally. You choose to make my comments about you and your parenting. Don't take my posts so seriously. I sure don't! You really are reading far too much into it.

because everything you say is smug, dripping with sarcasm and you desperately attempt to back pedal EVERY DAMN TIME someone calls you out on your judgmental words.

You're a hypocrite, you judge everyone, and people are sick of it.

And damn straight I called you a hypocritical bitch in SOCN. You bashed me for my beliefs yet demanded I respect you and yours. I call things how I see it.

if the shoe fits, darling. You really are unbearable.

PS- pubic hair between yer teeth. Gross or no?

Edited by hobo73

And with that, I am done with you, umoveme. Ihave said all I have been wanting to say to you for a very long time.

You, for some reason, see it as your duty to criticize and label others. You're hypocritical, mean, a bully, and not everyone will take it.

If it's not your damn child, look the other way. IT AIN'T YOUR BUSINESS.

You are the exact type of person I warn my child about. So shove it.

End of discussion.