The Weapon 2015

RushIslander

Before the CA tour I'd have said no, considering just how "80's" and outdated it sounds, but since they pulled out The Body Electric, anything from that era seems possible. Hell yes!

Subdivisions is arguably their most dated song and they've pretty much kept it as a live staple since Signals era. The only way they play this song is if they bring back the Fear Series. Which as I've said in the other thread, I'm all for.

Edited by Zeppster
  • Like 2

Anything from Grace Under Pressure is fine by me :yes:

The Weapon is from Signals.

Actually Anything from any album PeW- GUP would be fine with me! Anything!

I'd rather not hear Chemistry...

Maybe he was thinking of the Grace Under Pressure Tour when he wrote that.

I'd be in seventh heaven if they played this song. I think I will start compiling my own set list.

• Like 1

Maybe he was thinking of the Grace Under Pressure Tour when he wrote that.

I'd be in seventh heaven if they played this song. I think I will start compiling my own set list.

I'm guessing I'd quite enjoy your set list (though it might be 165 songs long).

• Like 1

The Weapon may be the #1 song I want them to play with Afterimage close behind....then Open Secrets...then Vapor Trail...then Cut to the Chase...

Only if Alex gets down on the floor again and dances, and if they hand out 3-D glasses.

• Like 2

I just noticed something today while I was watching Grace Under Pressure. When Neil does this song, he put on headphones (with his little red baseball cap :) ) which he promptly removed when the song was over. Does anyone here know why he wore them for The Weapon? I suspect it was so he could better concentrate on his drums which, in this song, have little to do with what Alex or Geddy are doing, but what do I know?

I just noticed something today while I was watching Grace Under Pressure. When Neil does this song, he put on headphones (with his little red baseball cap :) ) which he promptly removed when the song was over. Does anyone here know why he wore them for The Weapon? I suspect it was so he could better concentrate on his drums which, in this song, have little to do with what Alex or Geddy are doing, but what do I know?

I am no musician as anybody around here knows but my youngest elder brother was. He explained something to me way back then when I got the album. It has something to do with syncopation if I recall. He is playing something off of what they are and if he was to hear them it would screw him up. I could be wrong however and I am sure someone around here will correct me pretty quickly if I am... :)

syn·co·pa·tion

noun \ˌsiŋ-kə-ˈpā-shən, ˌsin-\

music : musical rhythm in which stress is given to the weak beats instead of the strong beats

Full Definition of SYNCOPATION

:
a temporary displacement of the regular metrical accent in music caused typically by stressing the weak beat

:
a
rhythm, passage, or dance step

syn·co·pa·tive adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/styles/default/images/reference/external.jpg See syncopation defined for English-language learners »

See syncopation defined for kids »

First Known Use of SYNCOPATION

• Like 1