Just listened to "Rush In Rio" for the first time in about 5 years...

ALifeson85

...and although it may not have been the most "well-mixed" live album they have put out, the energy is just pure AWESOMENESS. :yes: Hearing the crowd "singing" along to YYZ still cracks me up - but in a good way, lol. The Vapor Trails tour was most definitely one of the all-time greatest comeback tours of ANY band.
  • Like 8

God I love this album. The crowd is on FIRE and you gotta love Ged's bass tone on this one. The only thing that would've made this better is if Alex switched back to his Les Pauls and Tri-amp setup. While I like a lot of Rush's 90's stuff, his amp tone live left something to be desired. R30 he sounded beautiful.
  • Like 2

When I returned to listening to music after a twenty year break, the members here recommended Rush In Rio to me. I was able to get it on Amazon for either three or four dollars (the DVD). I love Rush In Rio, and I especially love the interview that they did.
  • Like 5

We seem to have much in common Lorraine. This was my return to Rush since the mid 80's. This also provided a wonderful vehicle to really get my children into them. My kids certainly knew some of their music but when I got the DVD and we watched it took it to another level. My son was 13 at the time and being a musician himself he really appreciated it and would watch it with me. He would grab his acoustic and start playing some of their stuff by ear and be so proud to play it for me. I also took my daughter to see a Vapor Trails show in Charlotte NC (she was 16 at the time) and she loved it. This show was a major catalyst in my rebirth and love of my band. The energy of the show is impossible to deny.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 7

When I returned to listening to music after a twenty year break, the members here recommended Rush In Rio to me. I was able to get it on Amazon for either three or four dollars (the DVD). I love Rush In Rio, and I especially love the interview that they did.

Not to derail the thread, but may I ask why you took that break?

Not to derail the thread, but may I ask why you took that break?

I'll PM you.

• Like 1

I love this DVD. The band was all smiles, too. Imagine 60,000 people experiencing their first Rush concert ever... at the same time! That is what it looks like my friends. Beautiful!

:dweez:

• Like 5

We seem to have much in common Lorraine. This was my return to Rush since the mid 80's. This also provided a wonderful vehicle to really get my children into them. My kids certainly knew some of their music but when I got the DVD and we watched it took it to another level. My son was 13 at the time and being a musician himself he really appreciated it and would watch it with me. He would grab his acoustic and start playing some of their stuff by ear and be so proud to play it for me. I also took my daughter to see a Vapor Trails show in Charlotte NC (she was 16 at the time) and she loved it. This show was a major catalyst in my rebirth and love of my band. The energy of the show is impossible to deny.... :)

My dad started getting me into them in the late 90's when I was old enough to comprehend music, kindergarten :D My first live experience with the band was him having me listen to ATWAS. Today it's not my favorite live album by them but it showcases the early material well.

Rush in Rio, however, was my first real adrenalized moment of listening to these guys live, when I was almost 10. The Brazilian crowd was going absolutely nuts. I would've went and saw them with my dad, but unfortunately I had school and he wasn't quite cool enough yet to let me play hooky to make the 4 hour trek to where the concert was. He went anyway, that was his first concert since the Hold Your Fire tour (his first concert). I missed the Vapor Trails tour, but got to see them in all their glory on the R30 tour :D

• Like 3

That dvd got my fired up about Rush. Me and my dad would watch it so many times when I came home from school. Just me and him, some beers and pizzas. Oh man, those were the times. Those were the times. :sigh:

So you were allowed to go home and get drunk after a hard day at School? :)

• Like 3

That dvd got my fired up about Rush. Me and my dad would watch it so many times when I came home from school. Just me and him, some beers and pizzas. Oh man, those were the times. Those were the times. :sigh:

So you were allowed to go home and get drunk after a hard day at School? :)

Well, I was over 18 :P

• Like 3

I've been to a lot of shows with a lot of great crowds, but this show puts them all to shame

What I see when I watch it is a religious experience. The response of the crowd is unadulterated joy and love. Hard not to get goosebumps watching it.

I've been to a lot of shows with a lot of great crowds, but this show puts them all to shame

What I see when I watch it is a religious experience. The response of the crowd is unadulterated joy and love. Hard not to get goosebumps

Edited by Tombstone Mountain