The Speed of Love 2015?

Not many people seem to like this song, but I enjoy it. I especially like Alex's guitar work. It would be a pretty mellow one for the Ged man to sing, I think it would be a cool tune to pull from the vault on the next tour
  • Like 1

I like the song. I think it's a very nice, laid back sort of tune with some really nice guitar work from Lerxst.... dare I say it, it's one of the few on Counterparts I don't skip these days.

I'm also a fan of some other Rush "ballads" like Second Nature. I also like Anagram (for Mongo) save for one cringeworthy vocal explosion near the end.... Different Strings is another nice slower Rush song. And of course Losing It is fantastic too.

I'm a big fan of all of these slower, softer Rush tunes.... but I can't see a concert audience getting terribly excited about them (although I suspect "Losing It" might get a really strong reaction).

Then again, they did put "Faithless" in a recent set, which might be the biggest downer in their entire catalog.

• Like 1

Counterparts being my favorite album, I wouldn't have a problem with this one but it would leave of lot of heads scratching. There are MULTIPLE songs from Counterparts that should be played instead (Cut To The Chase, Animate, Cold Fire, Nobody's Hero, Everyday Glory)

I think it's an okay song, but just okay. It's definitely the clunker on the album.

Speed of NO!

:LOL:

Like we're going to listen to someone who suggests they should play Red Lenses....

• Like 1

Speed of NO!

Like we're going to listen to someone who suggests they should play Red Lenses....

Oh shit! I got the song title wrong!

A turd by any other name is still a turd...

Speed of NO!

Oh shit! I got the song title wrong!

A turd by any other name is still a turd...

Sorry, but I only value the opinions of real Rush fans.

They never played it in concert that I know of, and I wonder why. I would think it would be easy to play, Geddy could handle it - just love Alex and his guitar in this. This would be a good song to play between two heavy ones - it would give them a chance to rest. ;) Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1