Why Didn't Rush Make a Bond Song????

Geddy's Soul Patch

Quite possibly the biggest mistake in cinema history....not having Rush do a James Bond theme. Rush could have written an absolutely killer tune for a Bond movie! Lock and Key, The Body Electric, and Double Agent already have kind of a Bond feel to them. I think that synth era Rush would have been perfect. Anyone else ever thought this?
  • Like 2

Aside from the obvious marginalization the band received for much of their career...the only explanation I could think of would be that Rush doesn't just write one-off songs like that. I feel like they would think they were being forced in a particular direction lyrically and musically.

That being said...Double Agent would be an awesome Bond song.

• Like 2

Bond themes for the most part tend to be given to those who are trending hot... Sheena Easton was on top of her game in 1981, but where has she gone since then?

Look at some of the others. Duran Duran. A-ha. Go back further and you have people like Carly Simon and Nancy Sinatra. And of course, Shirley Bassey. (GOLLLLLDDD-FINGAHHHHH!). All very much of their time.

Adele did the last one. She's already kind of forgotten about, and it hasn't been that long.

• Like 2

Double Agent is one of Rush's greatest songs EVER!! Coulda been an uber sexy Bind theme...

...but it is worth remembering that not even Muse got the chance to do a Bond theme...and I personally think their song for Skyfall was much better than A-Dull's boring theme.

• Like 2

A Bond song by Rush would be terrible. Rush don't do "catchy" and they don't do requests. The implication of Rush being offered a Bond song would necessarily mean they had jumped the shark, in a fridge, wearing Jar-Jar Binks costumes.
  • Like 2

A Bond song by Rush would be terrible. Rush don't do "catchy" and they don't do requests. The implication of Rush being offered a Bond song would necessarily mean they had jumped the shark, in a fridge, wearing Jar-Jar Binks costumes.

Is the "in a fridge" line a reference to Indiana Jones IV?

• Like 1

Is the "in a fridge" line a reference to Indiana Jones IV?

Could well be...

Nuked the fridge took over when 'jumped the shark' jumped the shark.

And for Superhero movies, the correct term is "Throwing the S"...after the scene in Superman 2, where he rips the S off the front of his costume and throws it

Geddy and Goldfinger...they should have recorded that when he could really hit dem high notages
  • Like 1

If it was good enough for McCartney.....

It was good enough for Jimmy Page. He played on Goldfinger.

As good as Rush is they are probably more popular now than in the 70s and 80s. It is wierd that A-ha who otherwise basically had one hit did a Bond theme though.

If it was good enough for McCartney.....

It was good enough for Jimmy Page. He played on Goldfinger.

As good as Rush is they are probably more popular now than in the 70s and 80s. It is wierd that A-ha who otherwise basically had one hit did a Bond theme though.

Taaaaake Oooooon Meeeee

Sorry everyone. I just really love these two and the marriage would be perfect. Maybe they could just re-record Double Agent if they don't want to write anything new!

Rodgrigo, on first glance, I thought it read bong song as well.

Rush made plenty of those :smoke: