Lock And Key 2015?

Alright, I am in no way a fan of HYF, but Lock and Key was the first Rush song my dad had me listen to and I still love it to this day. It's also got a killer Lerxst solo...

Bring it out of the vault!

• Like 2

I would enjoy seeing them do this live. Is the HYF tour the only time they played it?

Yep, we never heard of it again after the Hold Your Fire Tour. And it's a pain in the ass to get a good live representation of it since it was only on the Laserdisc version of A Show Of Hands, which means it's piss poor quality.

One of all time favorite Rush songs. Great lyrical material, great solo and kick ass drum outro. I've been waiting for this one to be played live for years! If they would play it, I'd go nuts.
  • Like 1

I would enjoy seeing them do this live. Is the HYF tour the only time they played it?

Yep, we never heard of it again after the Hold Your Fire Tour. And it's a pain in the ass to get a good live representation of it since it was only on the Laserdisc version of A Show Of Hands, which means it's piss poor quality.

Hollywood florida sportatorium bootleg has a good version

Absolutely! And throw in "Turn the Page" for good measure!

:codger:

Turn The Page is also good, but I really hated it when Geddy tried to overlap his own vocals on the Show of Hands video towards the end of the song.

"It's just theSTANDINGINAWINDTUNNEL"

• Like 2

Maybe if there was a riot and you needed to calm the crowd. Or as part of a lullaby medley if they were ever reduced to playing daycares.

Lorraine's Rush Checklist:

At the bottom of the fan list [check]

Never been to a concert [check]

Inferior taste in Rush music - tendency to like what other Rush fans hate [check]

Let me know what else I forgot so that I can add it to my list. Thank you! :)

I have rotten taste in music, what can I say?

Impossible.... :) I am just obviously not a fan of that era. I even went back and listened to it to be sure. Not my thing....
  • Like 1

Inferior taste in Rush music - tendency to like what other Rush fans hate [check]

Ninny [check]..... :D Me too
  • Like 1

Don't worry about all that sh!t...just like what you want and don't worry what anyone else does...if Rush stands for anything it's valuing the individual over the collective.

• Like 3

Likes what she likes, which is as it should be [check]

• Like 1

I'm okay with Lock and Key. I never liked how it starts, but most of the song is energetic (and I agree about the outro—cookin' musicianship there).

Don't worry about all that sh!t...just like what you want and don't worry what anyone else does...if Rush stands for anything it's valuing the individual over the collective.

I agree with that. I didn't used to like Hold Your Fire for years but it's grown on me. At the time it sounded too "eighties" and was about as far from classic Rush as they ever got. I like it now. Maybe because I can look back on it with a different viewpoint.

• Like 2