NBA Playoffs 2014

goose

So, anyone interested in this year's NBA playoffs? The warriors are a story that interests me. So does the possibility of the Spurs winning a championship at their advanced age.

There have already been plenty of fist round upsets, including the Pacers and Clippers going down in game 1. Who are you picking?

I'm marginally interested.

I'm rooting for the Bobcats because of Cody Zeller. He gets about 10 minutes a game on a team that will be lucky to win a game.

I think the Heat will win, just because they're the team I want to win the least. They'll beat the Thunder in the finals....at least that's my prediction.

Well, one more post than I expected in an NBA thread around here! And a Bobcat post at that!

The Clippers sure came back with a vengeance, laying 138 on the Warriors, who obviously did not come out and play.

Well, one more post than I expected in an NBA thread around here! And a Bobcat post at that!

The Clippers sure came back with a vengeance, laying 138 on the Warriors, who obviously did not come out and play.

The NBA...where tanking happens...

Playoff teams tank. Non playoff teams tank. Teams that win road games tank.

What a league!

Double party time Saturday at my local watering hole. Heat Vs Bobcats, followed by Jones Vs Teixeira (UFC 172.) Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

OK, this is bad...

.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling told his GF he does NOT want her bringing black people to his games ... including Magic Johnson ... and it's ALL on tape.

TMZ Sports has obtained audio of Sterling making the racist declaration during a heated argument on April 9th with V. Stiviano ... after she posted a photo on Instagram posing with Magic.

Sterling rails on Stiviano -- who ironically is black and Mexican -- for putting herself out in public with a black person (she has since taken the pic down). But it doesn't end there. You have to listen to the audio to fully grasp the magnitude of Sterling's racist worldview. Among the comments:

-- "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?" (3:30)

-- "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games." (5:15)

-- "I’m just saying, in your lousy f******* Instagrams, you don’t have to have yourself with, walking with black people." (7:45)

-- "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games." (9:13)

Sterling has a documented history of allegedly racist behavior -- he's been sued twice by the federal government for allegedly refusing to rent apartments to Blacks and Latinos.

He was also sued by former Clippers exec Elgin Baylor for racial discrimination -- though a jury was ultimately not convinced and shot down Baylor's case.

Sterling has been separated from his wife Shelly for years. She remains a key player in running the team and sources tell us she's "mortified" by Sterling's comments.

We have made several calls to Sterling and his people ... so far, no word back.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/#ixzz300Natwnf

Seeing him and her, this is not so shocking. Old, rich guy has gold-digging wife who's probably sleeping around. Old, rich guy wants her to at least keep it on the down-low, and points it out in a way that was common in his generation. Gold-digger girlfriend captures it, putting the squeeze on her squeeze. :popcorn:

Seeing him and her, this is not so shocking. Old, rich guy has gold-digging wife who's probably sleeping around. Old, rich guy wants her to at least keep it on the down-low, and points it out in a way that was common in his generation. Gold-digger girlfriend captures it, putting the squeeze on her squeeze. :popcorn:

Sterling's been an idiot for a long time. This is not a surprise. Back in 2006, he was sued for housing discrimination.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810

Sterling's been an idiot for a long time. This is not a surprise. Back in 2006, he was sued for housing discrimination.

http://sports.espn.g...ge=jones/060810

The phrase "Idiot Owner" is so often redundant.

The phrase "Idiot Owner" is so often redundant.

This guy may be worse than Marge Schott...

Sterling would have made a very good plantation owner....or perhaps a South African National Party mogul :|

• Like 1

Sterling would have made a very good plantation owner....or perhaps a South African National Party mogul :|

He may be making himself a former NBA owner really soon.

• Like 2

I went to the Bullets game on Sunday and watched them dominat the Bulls. Hoping they willclo se things out tonight in Chicago. If only Atlanta could dispatch the Pacers, we could get to the Conference Finals for the first time since 1979!
  • Like 1

I went to the Bullets game on Sunday and watched them dominat the Bulls. Hoping they willclo se things out tonight in Chicago. If only Atlanta could dispatch the Pacers, we could get to the Conference Finals for the first time since 1979!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1979/0507_large.jpg

Goodbye Bulls very happy for the Wiz/Bullets its about time. I was living in MD at the time they won their only championship in 1978 I think. Man they partied around town after beating the Supersonics.
  • Like 1