I got to meet the B-man on Saturday!

KennyLee

So my band, kRUSH, played a show in Newark, DE on Saturday night. Lots of great peeps showed up, some with better connections than others. One of these wonderful people invited the B-man, Bill Banasiewicz, to the show and he actually came out! Needless to say I was very flattered. According to my friend, Bill NEVER goes to see tribute bands but he convinced him we were worth it. He asked two question:

A) Are they a three piece?

B) What do they play?

He stuck around most of the night and left just before closing assuring us it was only because he was old.

Riding a little high right now. :7up:

Congrats KennyLee. :cheers: I will readily admit however I had never heard of him. No surprise there I bet... :sigh: :eh:

Congrats KennyLee. :cheers: I will readily admit however I had never heard of him. No surprise there I bet... :sigh: :eh:

A bit surprised. Yes.

Bill Banasiewicz wrote the first biography of Rush called Visions. I wore that thing out when I first got it.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx298/kengildea/download_zps934d3ff2.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0711911622

Edited by KennyLee

What was his relationship to the band? What did he do for them?

They were always close. Geddy once picked him up from the airport in Toronto. He was with them since the beginning as a fan before they were this un-reachable. The book is written from a fans perspective but he interviewed them and Terry Brown for the biography. He is still the biggest fan. He went to 54 shows this last tour alone. If you've never read the book, I highly recommend it.