Jump to content


Please, someone, I need help…


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

I just had the worst day of my life. My Mother is all I have, and I just had to watch her get taken to jail with several misdemeanor charges. My Dad is gone, and I have no one else. What am I going to do?! This house is in foreclosure and we have four weeks to move. I just want to die. Even my Geddy and my Jon (Yes) are not helping me right now. I’m shaking so much I am hardly capable of typing. I can’t take anymore! Why is my life so difficult?!

Please, I just need someone to talk to me, help me, something. I don’t care who you are.

Sponsored Post

#2 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm here. I am at work though so I may not be able to get back to you right away. What the heck is happening? Don't you have any friends or family that can help you?

#3 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42068 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

IR, do you have any type of a crisis hot line in your area you can call?  

Try to calm down right now.  I know it's hard to do, but try.

#4 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69595 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'm not good at this but it hurts just to read the pain in your post.

Thinking of you and hoping for a solution....

#5 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Im here too...Your mom is in jail ?   Were you aware of her behaviors?
Im sure she is shaking about now too.You got us...please be strong.

#6 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:f**k town USA
  • Interests:Rush, gardening, sleeping

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hang in there. I'm here too. What state r u in? There should be a hotline u can call. Please know I'm here to listen if u need anything.

#7 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:f**k town USA
  • Interests:Rush, gardening, sleeping

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I just looked up a crisis center hotline. The number is 1-800-273-8255. Give them a call. I'm sure they can help. It also helps just to have someone to listen.

#8 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 15991 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Sorry to hear this.  I looked at your profile and see you are 22. Such a young age to go through this but at least you're over 18 and not subject to the whims of the state.  Similar thing happened to me at 17 (lost home and mom moved to over 55 community so I had to go).  I foolishly felt the only recourse was military enlistment which is exactly what I did.  I still regret doing that so my main suggestion is to try not to do anything rash.  There are some options if you need help depending on what you need such as shelters, food assistance, etc.  please keep checking in and let us know how you are doing.

#9 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

View Postgeddysgal13, on 19 April 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I just looked up a crisis center hotline. The number is 1-800-273-8255. Give them a call. I'm sure they can help. It also helps just to have someone to listen.

Yes please call them. Take it from somebody that had to a long-long time ago.

#10 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

Lorraine, Gangst, thank you. I was actually having a decent day, my Mom and I were planning on spending time together, which never happens. I should have known it was too good to be true! My Mom’s car has been running rough and she just had the fuel filter and two tires replaced today… I made the idiotic suggestion of hopping on I-95 to clear the engine out. Wouldn’t you know it, a sheriff was right there. So this is my fault basically. My Mom has an expired tag, expired license, no insurance. She’s already had a DUI, so she is in so much trouble right now. They towed her car away somewhere, and I have no idea where it is. I cannot even believe this. We have to find somewhere to go soon, and now all of this is on me, and my poor Mom is in jail. I can’t get the look on her face out of my mind. I gave her a hug before they put her in the cop car, and said, “Mom, I am so sorry. I’ll do what I can.” even though I know the best I can do right now isn’t enough to get by. This could not be any worse. We have so much stuff to move and pack. Alone this situation is difficult, because I love this house and don’t want to walk away. This is where my life began. I can’t do this anymore, I really, really, can’t. I tried contacting my step sister, who is officially dead to me now. I called her crying, and all she had to say was, “Well, what do you want me to do?” and had the nerve to laugh! What kind of sick human being laughs when they hear their Mother has been put in jail? When I say I have no one, I really mean that. I have no friends and no family besides my, well, she’s not a sister anymore. I’m done with her. I have tried so many times to be friends with her, and she just pushes me away like I’m garbage. I was just diagnosed with Hepatitis and have been feeling very ill on top of this. I wish life could disappear. I don’t even care if I’m making sense right now. My Father is deceased, and my Mother is in jail. My life is officially ruined. And no, I have no friends or other family. I can't remember if I've already said that or not.

#11 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

To everyone else who responded, thank you so much. I really, really mean that. I am so scared right now.

#12 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

    Twin City Cub Fan

  • Members *
  • 69595 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:suburban Minneapolis
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostIntermolecular Reality, on 19 April 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Lorraine, Gangst, thank you. I was actually having a decent day, my Mom and I were planning on spending time together, which never happens. I should have known it was too good to be true! My Mom’s car has been running rough and she just had the fuel filter and two tires replaced today… I made the idiotic suggestion of hopping on I-95 to clear the engine out. Wouldn’t you know it, a sheriff was right there. So this is my fault basically. My Mom has an expired tag, expired license, no insurance. She’s already had a DUI, so she is in so much trouble right now. They towed her car away somewhere, and I have no idea where it is. I cannot even believe this. We have to find somewhere to go soon, and now all of this is on me, and my poor Mom is in jail. I can’t get the look on her face out of my mind. I gave her a hug before they put her in the cop car, and said, “Mom, I am so sorry. I’ll do what I can.” even though I know the best I can do right now isn’t enough to get by. This could not be any worse. We have so much stuff to move and pack. Alone this situation is difficult, because I love this house and don’t want to walk away. This is where my life began. I can’t do this anymore, I really, really, can’t. I tried contacting my step sister, who is officially dead to me now. I called her crying, and all she had to say was, “Well, what do you want me to do?” and had the nerve to laugh! What kind of sick human being laughs when they hear their Mother has been put in jail? When I say I have no one, I really mean that. I have no friends and no family besides my, well, she’s not a sister anymore. I’m done with her. I have tried so many times to be friends with her, and she just pushes me away like I’m garbage. I was just diagnosed with Hepatitis and have been feeling very ill on top of this. I wish life could disappear. I don’t even care if I’m making sense right now. My Father is deceased, and my Mother is in jail. My life is officially ruined. And no, I have no friends or other family. I can't remember if I've already said that or not.
My heart breaks for you.    Please call the hotline above...

#13 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42068 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Listen, IR, above all - don't do anything rash or foolish.  PLEASE!!!!!

Many here have been through things you are going through now and, hard as this may be for you to believe, I know there are some here who have been through worse.  

Call that crisis hotline.  They may have some type of immediate help available for you.  Maybe they can even send someone over to you and help you calm down.  

Your life is not ruined.  It only seems that way to you now.

#14 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostIntermolecular Reality, on 19 April 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Lorraine, Gangst, thank you. I was actually having a decent day, my Mom and I were planning on spending time together, which never happens. I should have known it was too good to be true! My Mom’s car has been running rough and she just had the fuel filter and two tires replaced today… I made the idiotic suggestion of hopping on I-95 to clear the engine out. Wouldn’t you know it, a sheriff was right there. So this is my fault basically. My Mom has an expired tag, expired license, no insurance. She’s already had a DUI, so she is in so much trouble right now. They towed her car away somewhere, and I have no idea where it is. I cannot even believe this. We have to find somewhere to go soon, and now all of this is on me, and my poor Mom is in jail. I can’t get the look on her face out of my mind. I gave her a hug before they put her in the cop car, and said, “Mom, I am so sorry. I’ll do what I can.” even though I know the best I can do right now isn’t enough to get by. This could not be any worse. We have so much stuff to move and pack. Alone this situation is difficult, because I love this house and don’t want to walk away. This is where my life began. I can’t do this anymore, I really, really, can’t. I tried contacting my step sister, who is officially dead to me now. I called her crying, and all she had to say was, “Well, what do you want me to do?” and had the nerve to laugh! What kind of sick human being laughs when they hear their Mother has been put in jail? When I say I have no one, I really mean that. I have no friends and no family besides my, well, she’s not a sister anymore. I’m done with her. I have tried so many times to be friends with her, and she just pushes me away like I’m garbage. I was just diagnosed with Hepatitis and have been feeling very ill on top of this. I wish life could disappear. I don’t even care if I’m making sense right now. My Father is deceased, and my Mother is in jail. My life is officially ruined. And no, I have no friends or other family. I can't remember if I've already said that or not.

No no no no no your life isn't ruined at 22 it's still getting started. Many of us here have survived similar events, trauma, etc.. This is just a small moment you need to deal with in the NOW. Okay so your step-sister is useless, get her out of the picture. I will tell you that sometimes people will just laugh as a reflex, it's normal, don't let it bother you. Take care of your health as much as you can, that is of the utmost importance for getting through this and will effect your mood and clarity. This isn't your fault, okay? Things happen and don't worry about your house. You will have other places to go, it's a material thing, let it go. I'm not telling you this to sound harsh. Just think about what your options are, what you can do, and how to get through this. You will have time to be sad later. Take a deep breath and organize your thoughts. I know (God don't I know) how hard it is, hard doesn't equal impossible okay?

Edited by gangsterfurious, 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.


#15 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79165 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

Please try to be calm - we're all here for you. Sending you lots of these:    :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:  :hug2:

#16 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Listen, IR, above all - don't do anything rash or foolish.  PLEASE!!!!!

Many here have been through things you are going through now and, hard as this may be for you to believe, I know there are some here who have been through worse.  

Call that crisis hotline.  They may have some type of immediate help available for you.  Maybe they can even send someone over to you and help you calm down.  

Your life is not ruined.  It only seems that way to you now.
I am afraid to call. If anyone heard me or saw me right now, they would place me in a mental facility. What about my cats and my Mom's dog? OMG I can't believe this!

#17 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:f**k town USA
  • Interests:Rush, gardening, sleeping

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Please call the hotline and tell them what u told us. As someone who has tried suicide twice and went through rehab for a major drug problem I know about how crappy life can be. But u need to know it will get better.  It really will. Can u maybe call the local sherrif office and find out where they took the car? Hang in there. I'm thinking of u.

#18 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

    Dita Von Sneeze

  • Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in the Ether... or Ethanol.
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostIntermolecular Reality, on 19 April 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Listen, IR, above all - don't do anything rash or foolish.  PLEASE!!!!!

Many here have been through things you are going through now and, hard as this may be for you to believe, I know there are some here who have been through worse.  

Call that crisis hotline.  They may have some type of immediate help available for you.  Maybe they can even send someone over to you and help you calm down.  

Your life is not ruined.  It only seems that way to you now.
I am afraid to call. If anyone heard me or saw me right now, they would place me in a mental facility. What about my cats and my Mom's dog? OMG I can't believe this!


No hotlines do not place you in a mental facility. They are there to help you so that you don't end up in one. They are there to help you.

#19 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42068 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostIntermolecular Reality, on 19 April 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Listen, IR, above all - don't do anything rash or foolish.  PLEASE!!!!!

Many here have been through things you are going through now and, hard as this may be for you to believe, I know there are some here who have been through worse.  

Call that crisis hotline.  They may have some type of immediate help available for you.  Maybe they can even send someone over to you and help you calm down.  

Your life is not ruined.  It only seems that way to you now.
I am afraid to call. If anyone heard me or saw me right now, they would place me in a mental facility. What about my cats and my Mom's dog? OMG I can't believe this!

All right.  I understand why you won't call.

Then it is up to you to grab hold of yourself and calm yourself down.  If you stay the way you are, you won't be able to think straight.  

It is not the end of the world for you, it only seems that way to you now.

#20 Moonlit Dreamer

Moonlit Dreamer

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

View Postgeddysgal13, on 19 April 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hang in there. I'm here too. What state r u in? There should be a hotline u can call. Please know I'm here to listen if u need anything.
I'm in Florida.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users