Mystic Rhythms 2015?

Disk98

Considering they devoted the last two tours to all of Power Windows besides this one and Emotion Detector, I'd say it's unlikely.

But then again, maybe not. Alex said the next one is "for the fans", and this one is definitely a fan favorite. Also the last time they pulled it out was R30, so I would definitely welcome this one. I love Power Windows.

this song is a fan favorite? it always seemed like this track took a backseat to manhattan project and marathon when it comes to people's favs off power windows

I love it though, I wouldn't bitch if it was played

• Like 1

No thanks. I can think of tons of other songs (from earlier recordings) they never play that I would rather hear. This album was the beginning of the end for me so its not my favorite anyway. I would rather hear Territories, Marathon or Manhattan Project from that album.... :)
  • Like 3

No thanks. I can think of tons of other songs (from earlier recordings) they never play that I would rather hear. This album was the beginning of the end for me so its not my favorite anyway. I would rather hear Territories, Marathon or Manhattan Project from that album.... :)

What he said.

• Like 2

The song has already been documented live since it's on the R30 DVD. Save that spot for something else from that time period that they haven't done in years like The Enemy Within or The Weapon.

:yes:

• Like 1

Give PoW a rest next tour.

More Permanent Waves and AFTK, less synth era stuff (I know the opposite is far more likely, but we can hope). If it HAS to be 80s stuff, more p/g!

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

More Permanent Waves and AFTK, less synth era stuff (I know the opposite is far more likely, but we can hope). If it HAS to be 80s stuff, more p/g!

More Grace Under Pressure = more awesomeness. 30th plus anniversary for GUP!

What he said!

Mystic Rhythms is my favorite song from Power Windows. I got a bit disapointed that they dident play it on Clockwork Angels Tour when I saw them. So lets hope they play it now! :)

What he said!

You are preaching to the choir here LABT. When it comes to music in my life there are two very solid lines of demarcation. May 2, 1981 my wedding day. I would prefer to hear Rush or any music that was made previous to that date than any music since. I still mainly only listen to music made before then. It just seems to be better music to my ears. The other date February 27, 1987 the day my first (daughter) was born. That is one reason Power Windows was my last music purchase by anybody pretty much. Life has been a hazy fog since and the years have come and gone much to quickly.... :sigh: :codger: Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I used to think that until I heard the songs live. It put a whole new spin on things. I really love the album now.

• Like 1

and signals

I used to think that until I heard the songs live. It put a whole new spin on things. I really love the album now.

I didn't care for Power Windows until I saw this last tour. It really did put a new spin on it, particularly Manhattan Project which is now my fave from the album. As someone else mentioned on another thread, there is so much power when Geddy sings "Flying out of the SHOCKWAVE on that August day!"

• Like 3

I didn't care for Power Windows until I saw this last tour. It really did put a new spin on it, particularly Manhattan Project which is now my fave from the album. As someone else mentioned on another thread, there is so much power when Geddy sings "Flying out of the SHOCKWAVE on that August day!"

Don't get me wrong, I don't "dislike" Power Windows and I love Manhattan Project. There are just so many "deep cuts" I would rather hear. Lessons, Something For Nothing just to name a couple. I know Ged would have trouble singing them but I would love to at least hear an instrumedley of the older stuff. A real long one would be fine... :codger:
  • Like 2

Yeah, the last tour really brought Manhattan Project to my attention and made me reconsider my opinion of the song. I'd always liked that "shockwave" line, and many other elements finally clicked for me when I got to see the tune live. Now I dig it in its entirety, lyrically and musically.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1
  • Like 2

No! And that goes for the rest of PW as well. Its a great album but we heard enough of that on the CA tour! 2015 belongs to Permanent Waves!

Guys...he's getting restless...we may have to put him down.

Another vote for no. Too much Power Windows last tour. It was enjoyable, but so many other songs would be better. Especially those recorded before 1980.
  • Like 2

For sure, if it is off Power Windows, I want to hear it. Besides its Power Windows 30th next year, they have to play at least one song from it. I personally want Clockwork Angels Tour round two, as there was so much win in the set.
  • Like 1

Love that eighties sound, but at times it was a bit too much. Even for me. They started to sound too "poppish" and artificial. Even their clothes in the later eighties. Too much. Too Hollywood. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1