Guilty food pleasures

Mara

I'm talking about food you know isn't good for you but you still love it. Garbage food, "white trash" food, stuff that may just barely meet the minimum standards for qualification as "food".

Even most people who eat relatively healthy 99% of the time, or you gourmet home chefs - what's your secret pleasure?

I've definitely got more than one, but my current addiction that demands to be fed is Quik Trip egg rolls. Yes, people, I eat gas station food. They are so tasty; my husband and I call them "Chinese crack babies" because I swear there's some kind of euphoria-inducing illicit drug mixed in there. QT also has these fried taquitos that I may or may not indulge in a couple of times a month. :ph34r:

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

This for one.... :ph34r: Just haven't outgrown them. I don't have them to often but when I do I can't stop till the contents are gone...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Good-%26-Plenty-Box-Small.jpg

• Like 3

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1619265/tumblr_lfwuf16Vbs1qbulq9o1_500_medium.jpg

Behold, God's second gift to mankind.

http://marshallmashup.usc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Habit-Burger-300x200.jpg

My other crack....

• Like 1

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1619265/tumblr_lfwuf16Vbs1qbulq9o1_500_medium.jpg

Womankind being the first..... :D-13:
  • Like 1

I was thinking Jesus, but sure.

• Like 1

I was thinking Jesus, but sure.

Oops.... :)
  • Like 1

I don't have a particular guilty pleasure, but if tasty junk food is placed in front of me, well... it's all over. I'll devour it at once, with no regard for how much unhealthy slop I'm actually taking in. I'm especially awful with ice cream—I could easily consume a carton's worth in a single sitting. Of course, I always have to put in some intense exercise time after one of my irresponsible junk-consumption sessions, or else I'd feel guilty.
  • Like 4

Froot Loops!

The trouble is, they don't make you full. I can seriously eat a half-box at a sitting and I only stop because the roof of my mouth is being torn apart.

• Like 2

Froot Loops!

The trouble is, they don't make you full. I can seriously eat a half-box at a sitting and I only stop because the roof of my mouth is being torn apart.

Hahaha I am also one of those people. And I love to drink the grey/purple milk out of the bowl at the end.

Froot Loops!

Hahaha I am also one of those people. And I love to drink the grey/purple milk out of the bowl at the end.

The cats really love the leftover milk... :pussy:
  • Like 1

Froot Loops!

I have that problem with Cap'n Crunch. At least the stuff does come with its own built-in safeguard of sorts.

Oh - I also love Hostess Cherry Pies. Again, it's something that I have to restrict to the "very, very occasional" category. They're deadly.

• Like 2

http://www.charlottepantry.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chips_missvickiessalt_vinegar.jpg

Ugh... I cant help myself. :)

I don't eat them too often but every now and then.

• Like 3

Froot Loops!

I have that problem with Cap'n Crunch. At least the stuff does come with its own built-in safeguard of sorts.

Oh - I also love Hostess Cherry Pies. Again, it's something that I have to restrict to the "very, very occasional" category. They're deadly.

With or without crunch berries? I love Cap'n Crunch also but with crunch berries. I remember eating it before they even had crunch berries. Geez :codger: Also Lucky Charms....
  • Like 1

Froot Loops!

With or without crunch berries? I love Cap'n Crunch also but with crunch berries. I remember eating it before they even had crunch berries. Geez :codger:Also Lucky Charms....

I only want to eat Cap'n Crunch with berries.

• Like 1

Froot Loops!

With or without crunch berries? I love Cap'n Crunch also but with crunch berries. I remember eating it before they even had crunch berries. Geez :codger:Also Lucky Charms....

Oh yes, it definitely has to have crunch berries. Otherwise, why bother? ;)

• Like 1

If we're including crap from fast food joints, I'd have to say Whoppers from Burger King. I only eat them about once a month and regret it every time. They don't exactly make me sick, but let's just say they cause a certain degree of gastrointestinal upset. When I eat one I know I've only got 30-45 minutes to get home if I want to avoid using some filthy gas station restroom. They're delicious, but I have trouble digesting that garbage properly.

The worst experience I had eating one was when I was living in Tucson several years ago. It was a Friday evening and I was on my way to spend the weekend with a friend who lived about an hour outside town. I picked up my Whopper at the drive-thru and got on I-10. I was about 15 miles outside town when my stomach started rumbling ominously. . .

I don't know how many of you have driven through Arizona on I-10, but the opportunities to avail yourself of proper bathroom facilities are few and far between. I didn't want to exit the interstate and try to find a bathroom in some unknown little town, so I decided to white-knuckle it to my final destination. At this point the stomach rumblings, which were now accompanied by cramps, came in waves, and I just made it to the corner gas station restroom in the town where my friend lived. It was a miracle I was able to avoid a catastrophic event in the car.

Funny now, but it sure as hell wasn't at the time.

• Like 1

If we're including crap from fast food joints, I'd have to say Whoppers from Burger King. I only eat them about once a month and regret it every time. They don't exactly make me sick, but let's just say they cause a certain degree of gastrointestinal upset. When I eat one I know I've only got 30-45 minutes to get home if I want to avoid using some filthy gas station restroom. They're delicious, but I have trouble digesting that garbage properly.

The worst experience I had eating one was when I was living in Tucson several years ago. It was a Friday evening and I was on my way to spend the weekend with a friend who lived about an hour outside town. I picked up my Whopper at the drive-thru and got on I-10. I was about 15 miles outside town when my stomach started rumbling ominously. . .

I don't know how many of you have driven through Arizona on I-10, but the opportunities to avail yourself of proper bathroom facilities are few and far between. I didn't want to exit the interstate and try to find a bathroom in some unknown little town, so I decided to white-knuckle it to my final destination. At this point the stomach rumblings, which were now accompanied by cramps, came in waves, and I just made it to the corner gas station restroom in the town where my friend lived. It was a miracle I was able to avoid a catastrophic event in the car.

Funny now, but it sure as hell wasn't at the time.

Try having the same thing happen on your prom night with your date you barely know in the car and driving around Northern Va lost and looking for a restaurant you will never find and never did(way way pre cell phones). The embarrassing filthy gas station was all I had and in my freak'in tux..... :facepalm: :blush:
  • Like 1

Pot Noodles, chicken and mushroom flavour.

A whole slab of brie cheese.

Cake of any kind.

• Like 1

Oh yes I almost forgot cake. Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm going to find a less horrible recipe of them and eat those instead of those deadly ones from the bakery.
  • Like 2

Most cheeses would fall into this category for me. Even though that, in small amounts, it's not really "bad" for you, I'm one of those "DON'T STOP UNTIL THE LAST BIT IS GONE" cheese eaters. So, I limit it in my house. If I am going to prepare a meal that has cheese in it I try to purchase the minimum amount required so there isn't extra around to taunt me.

After that, bread...I think I have a slight gluten allergy because when I cut it out of my diet I feel so much better and my digestive system stops hating me. I also start dropping weight like crazy. So, I limit bread in the house as well. My 14-year-old son totally hates me sometimes.

• Like 2