Holy Sh*t - I was just on Shark Tank!

eshine

In all of the excitement and anticipation of being on this show, I can't believe I didn't let my fellow Rush fans know that my partner and I made it on to Shark Tank with our trackless train business, the Fun Time Express!!

We were just on last Friday - it's here at abc.go.com - it may be available on other sites that I cannot link to (ABC now owns my soul - ;)

I feel bad - I may not have a ton of friends here, but I have been posting on this site and formally at CP for many years and wish I had let you guys know.

This was a pretty monumental event for Stan (my partner) and I - thousands of people try out to pitch their business on this show and not only were we chosen, but our segment aired!

I actually had no idea Stan had sent them an email about our business until we got a call asking for a video submission. Being on the creative side of our businesses, I put together a pretty hilarious audition tape - and needless to say, after months of paperwork and phone calls - we were flown to L.A. and had a train delivered to the studio for our taping.

It was easily the most intense and nerve wracking experience of my life. Anyone who knows the show or is a fan, I can tell you this - it is 100 percent legitimate. The Sharks know absolutely nothing about you until you come through those doors. You don't get a second chance to deliver your pitch - there are no "re-takes" and the negotiations you see on air real (although edited, of course). If you aren't on point, they will shred you.

I wont reveal the outcome if you haven't seen it, but it's a hoot.

So take a look if you are interested - we are episode 524, the third pitch. I'm Kevin, the blonde haired dude in the engineer outfit.

If anyone had told me a few years ago that I would be on national television pitching my choo choo train business in a pair of overalls, I would have slugged my drink and laughed.

Life is weird.

• Like 6

Wow, congratulations! :cheers: I saw that episode. I'm a ST fan. The show seems like the real deal to me. Hey, why weren't you wearing a :rush: patch or something :LOL: Here's to your success! :hail:

That's awesome. Looked up the episode. I haven't seen many episodes of this show but holy crap that was easily the most intense one I've seen to date. That must have been nerve wrecking for you guys. I wish you success.

Congratulations.

Hey thanks guys - yeah, it was insanely intense - but once we hopped off the train and got in front of them, I was like - okay, these are just people. Very, very rich people ;)

I wanted to get some sort of Rush reference in there, actually lol - but anything with a brand or logo had to be covered with tape.

I think we need a Rush themed "Fun Time Express", only without the weed since it's a kids ride !

Thanks again!!

Edited by eshine
  • Like 2

After 3 Rush concerts I've only seen a single pot smoker about 10 rows ahead of where I was, and everyone in the immediate vicinity instantly asked him to put it out. Is weed supposed to be common at Rush concerts?

Anyway, a Rushtime express would be awesome. Maybe call it the Dream Line? :P

• Like 3

After 3 Rush concerts I've only seen a single pot smoker about 10 rows ahead of where I was, and everyone in the immediate vicinity instantly asked him to put it out. Is weed supposed to be common at Rush concerts?

I think Rush is the only classic rock band in the world that would have the crowd tell you to put out your joint.

I think Rush is the only classic rock band in the world that would have the crowd tell you to put out your joint.

When did RUSH start scheduling shows in Nerdistan?