Fargo - Tv Show on FX. 9 out of 10 for me

alphseeker

This show...how this was accomplished blows my mind. So faithful to Coen bros vibe

That's because the Coen Brothers are behind it.

True, but in an executive producing role. Did they write this material? It's got a different director, different cinematographer, yet pitch perfect feel. Wow! A huge achievement

OK. I watched the first three episodes via On Demand and I watched last night's episode first run.

I love the fact that it captures the Coens Brothers tone and sense of humor perfectly, which is not a suprise considering the Coens are the executive producers. But it's just not Fargo, it takes something from all the Coen Brothers movies.

The episodes stay with me - I find myself thinking about them through out the day. Not many television shows do that for me.

So far, the characters, the dialogue, it's all top notch.

The twists and turns are working and I find myself excited. It's awesome to be a Coen Brothers fan and this show, so far, cements their legacy as one of the best legacies ever.

Kudos, to the writers and directors of the Fargo television show. It's great stuff that establishes a Coen Brothers "universe".

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Does anyone get queasy thinking about Lester's hand?

I wish they would show it more closely...I don't know why 'cuz Mara's barforino cyst story almost made me gag...but I want to see it.

I wonder if the pellet is still in there.

He should just dig around and squeeze all that shit out and soak in peroxide or something...I'm thinking that hand is gonna deal Lester some bad karma.

You know what's hilarious? Many people in my home state complain that they don't like it.... because "that's not how people from North Dakota really talk." :eyeroll:

I loved the movie [see signature] and what I've seen of the show is pretty good. I'm going to catch up on it when I have time off from school this summer.

Edited by priest_of_syrinx

You know what's hilarious? Many people in my home state complain that they don't like it.... because "that's not how people from North Dakota really talk." :eyeroll:

I loved the movie [see signature] and what I've seen of the show is pretty good. I'm going to catch up on it when I have time off from school this summer.

But it takes place in Minnesota and we all know that's how people from Minnesota really talk.

• Like 1

Something about Lester's hand is bothering me - how did the injury go unoticed in the hospital?

Got that right...there's a few things I'd like answers to...like how did Billy Bob get out of the basement?

Malvo getting out of the basement doesn't bother me. A window? There's another door? He was hiding? He slipped out when no one notice? All plausable in my mind. He certainly entered the house without anyone noticing. But, the hospital staff not noticing an injury to the hand of a man who was apparently a victim of a home invasion? I guess it could be explained by an inept and apathetic staff, which could be the case since when Lester and Malvo were first talking in the emergency room the nurse was very impatient and dismissive with Lester.

Edited by ReRushed

But it takes place in Minnesota and we all know that's how people from Minnesota really talk.

I have never met anyone who talks like this.

But I still love it.

Also, I find it interesting how characters seem to zip back and forth from Bemidji to Duluth like it's no big deal. It's like three hours drive between those cities.

Edited by KenJennings

On detail I loved, in the first episode... Lester, sitting in the hospital waiting room, when he first meets Malvo- he's wearing a nice suit with snow boots. I actually LOL'd at that. Edited by KenJennings

I have never met anyone who talks like this.

But I still love it.

Also, I find it interesting how characters seem to zip back and forth from Bemidji to Duluth like it's no big deal. It's like three hours drive between those cities.

I don't think they "zip back and forth". The plot isn't in real time, so to speak.