City of Lost Children = Clockwork Angels sets?

x1yyz

I just finished watching City of Lost Children for the first time in many years. And wow, it really looks like Rush's most recent stage set up and the videos shown during the Clockwork Angels tour. (Or, rather, Rush's stuff look like the movie.) I wonder if it, in fact, was the inspiration for all the Clockwork Angels visuals?

Scroll through some of these images to get a feel for the sets. Although, if you have a chance to watch it you'll get a much better feel for what I'm talking about.

Great film, and I can see the similarity.

I like John-Pierre Jeunet. I think he's got a great visual style. Amelie is obviously great, but I think Delicatessen is my favourite of his films.

I like John-Pierre Jeunet. I think he's got a great visual style. Amelie is obviously great, but I think Delicatessen is my favourite of his films.

Amelie is just wonderful! I haven't seen Delicatessen for probably 15+ years, so that's up next. I remember it as being even more weird than CoLC.

Good call. I haven't seen that movie in a couple of years but I agree it looks very similar. I would think it's very possible it could've been the inspiration. I also loved Amelie. Such a good movie.