The Rise of the kings

okietiger

I saw the name and immediately hoped it was going to be some concert where they played A Farewell to Kings in it's entirety. And Hemispheres (Because the title song never being on a live album is still a crime as far as I'm concerned).

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2014/02/26/3951/Rush-The-Rise-Of-Kings-1968-1981-documentary-coming-in-May

Apparently it's just a documentary.

I saw a trailer for it on YouTube and refuse to watch it. It's a documentary, by all appearances, chronicling the band from its inception to the late 70's. Obviously created by one of the people on these forums who refuse to acknowledge the bands existence beyond Hemispheres Edited by Snyder80

I was just on amazon and saw There is going to be new dvd coming out may 5th called Rush-The Rise of the kings. Its available for preorder so I ordered on. Just curious if anyone else knows about this.

Hope it's not too late to get your cash back

I saw the name and immediately hoped it was going to be some concert where they played A Farewell to Kings in it's entirety. And Hemispheres (Because the title song never being on a live album is still a crime as far as I'm concerned).

http://www.rushisaba...y-coming-in-May

Not even "just a documentary," it's just a documentary compiled from archival sources, with no participating from the guys in Rush, and no actual Rush music in it! Buyer beware.

• Like 1

Not even "just a documentary," it's just a documentary compiled from archival sources, with no participating from the guys in Rush, and no actual Rush music in it! Buyer beware.

How can you do a documentary about a band without using their music? I wonder if it's a copyright thing? And if so, the fact they couldn't get copyright for a documentary is saying something :(

How can you do a documentary about a band without using their music? I wonder if it's a copyright thing? And if so, the fact they couldn't get copyright for a documentary is saying something :(

The fact that they didn't get the music rights doesn't necessarily indicate anything about the quality of the documentary itself. Music rights are expensive, and these quasi-documentaries are done on the cheap. Amazon Prime is loaded with them.

At the same time, of course, documentaries done on the cheap compiled from archival sources and interviews with whoever has an opinion don't tend to be high-quality productions in any case. I MIGHT watch it for free, but certainly won't pay for it :no:

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2