LeStudio Project

RUSH FANS

We're pleased to announce that Episode One of LE STUDIO - TEMPLE OF SOUND is now up, live on YouTube.

We're all aware of LeStudio from the Moving Pictures videos (Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Vital Signs), but many of us don't know the current or past LeStudio legacy in detail:

LeStudio was formerly a world class recording studio found in the Laurentian Mountains of Canada. More precisely, in the forest of Morin Heights, Quebec. It was the private retreat of Rush for the writing and recording of (8) of their albums. Plus hundreds of countless artists over the years. By 2003, it was closed down, sold, and now sits stripped of all it's furnishings & equipment, abandoned in the forest.

Episode one covers the LeStudio backstory in broad view. From inception to current state. This was important to give viewers a strong foundation for future episodes. Since the main character is a recording studio, it needed to be given a life story before we show it in its coffin. Future episodes will venture inside the building. We will also be making efforts to bring supplementary material to this channel to enhance the historical background of this magical place.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lestudiochannel

• Like 7

Great! :D

I love how Canadiens pronounce 'shout-out'. Come to think of it I just love the Canadian accent.

Its aboot time

Aboot?? I've been in Canada all my life and I've never heard anyone say this.. It's a myth. Someone please explain what a "Canadian accent" is..

Well I was looking forward to watching this but I have an iPad so I don't qualify.. So lame.

Wow this whole thread is just a complete fail for me lol

Edited by MMCXII

I love how Canadiens pronounce 'shout-out'. Come to think of it I just love the Canadian accent.

Its aboot time

Aboot?? I've been in Canada all my life and I've never heard anyone say this.. It's a myth. Someone please explain what a "Canadian accent" is..

I've met a Canadian once and he pronounced it more like a-boat :huh:

Ok fukk it let's derail this thread a little more to dispel a big myth.. Canadians basically take the time to pronounce every letter in a word properly which means we're the ones who don't have an accent!!

However, there's this little island way out on the east coast which will remain nameless, and out there they might say stuff like:

"How's she goin bye?" Or "wats yer fadders name?" Or "gway wit cha".. Or even.. "jeet yet?, no d' jou? nah twirly.."

But ya, other than that very small group, Canadians have no accent eh..

Ok fukk it let's derail this thread a little more to dispel a big myth.. Canadians basically take the time to pronounce every letter in a word properly which means we're the ones who don't have an accent!!

However, there's this little island way out on the east coast which will remain nameless, and out there they might say stuff like:

"How's she goin bye?" Or "wats yer fadders name?" Or "gway wit cha".. Or even.. "jeet yet?, no d' jou? nah twirly.."

You're in a wonderful mood today :P

I am actually! really I am! Lol

but someone better do something about that youtube crap or I'm gonna lose it!! When I bought my ipad I had no Idea that I was going to cut myself away from most of youtube dammit!

• Like 1

Its aboot time

It's kinda of like an American accent but they say things funny.

Canadian band April Wine recorded a video there back in '79 or so. The song is I Like To Rock which is one of my favorites. You get a good look at the inside and outside of the studio.

Watching the documentary now and this vid is included.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Canadian band April Wine recorded a video there back in '79 or so. The song is I Like To Rock which is one of my favorites. You get a good look at the inside and outside of the studio.

Watching the documentary now and this vid is included.

Never saw that before thanks! Always loved they way they play the "day tripper" and "satisfaction" riffs at the end :)

• Like 1

Its aboot time

I've met a Canadian once and he pronounced it more like a-boat :huh:

I pronounce it a-bout.

Edited by Cygnus 2112

but someone better do something about that youtube crap or I'm gonna lose it!! When I bought my ipad I had no Idea that I was going to cut myself away from most of youtube dammit!

:cheers:

I do really love to hear Canadians talk. To me they sound so relaxed and cool :)

And that sucks if you can't use Youtube on an ipad!?!

• Like 1

"hundreds of countless"?

Cool intro with the camera eye/tom sawyer overlay.

The Camera Eye being the very first part of the documentary really caught my attention but once TS got mixed in I found it cluttered and confusing. I hated it and found myself hoping the rest of the show wasn't going to be like that. I'm glad it wasn't.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

14:35 = nice isolated bass from YYZ

That was awesome!!!!

I loved how they would play the isolated, raw tracks like the drums in TS, the bass in YYZ and the guitar in Limelight. They sounded so different than what's on the albums. I was surprised by the amount of distortion Alex used on Limelight. And the bass sounded incredible and you can hear little nuances in the playing that you just can't pick up in the album mix.

That was cool.

• Like 1

Geez, I just realized my house is very similarly designed to LeStudio. From the type of external wood, to the structural design. Crazy.

Most of the fanboys in this thread have got external wood right now.

• Like 2

:cheers:

I do really love to hear Canadians talk. To me they sound so relaxed and cool :)

And that sucks if you can't use Youtube on an ipad!?!

Oh I can use YouTube but on a lot of videos you get a notice saying that the user has specified that it's not allowed on mobile devices. It's not usually the users fault though. They claim it has to do with copyright infringement but there's more to it than that.. I think it has more to do with a pissing match between Apple and google or something..

• Like 1