Alex Lifeson Talks 2015 Tour and more in new interview from Red Hot Rock Magazine

Jag2112

Thanks for sharing this.

Will be interesting to see if there really will be an Alex custom double-neck Gibson.

Xanadu live next year! Wicked! I wonder who gonna sing it! haha
  • Like 1

I was thinking that the appropriate title for this thread was "Alex confirms Xanadu for next tour".

I was thinking that the appropriate title for this thread was "Alex confirms Xanadu for next tour".

What better way to promote that new signature double neck!!

Until I hear it from someone that isn't Alex, any information about the tour is considered a blatant lie.

Indeed. Alex has a habit of saying a lot of crap that turns out to not be correct. I wouldn't believe anything he said unless he was talking about a past tour that I'd witnessed myself.

Alex says they're playing Xanadu next tour?

Aw! :( Does that mean they're not going to be playing Xanadu next tour?

• Like 2

I have a lot of concerns here. It doesn't really sound like they're all that interested in going back out on tour. It sounds more like they're being pushed into it, and they are going along with it for now, but that could easily change at any time, including right up to the last minute. No one wants to see another RUSH tour more than I do, but I'm not sure how excited I am to see them tour if their hearts aren't into it. Maybe (hopefully!) they will become more enthusiastic about touring when the time comes, but it's just too early in the process for me to really get my hopes up. I also suspect that if they do tour, it may be in a more limited fashion with fewer shows, and perhaps with more time off between shows, or maybe a few "mini-vacations" of say 1-2 weeks off, dispersed throughout the schedule. I really hope a 2015 tour materializes, but I'm not counting any chickens yet.

As for the article, it was a very enjoyable read, and thanks for providing the link.

I have no doubt alex might suggest xanadu. he seems to be the one in the band who's most likely to pull out his deep purple or uriah heep records from time to time, he's definitely the pro-balls, pro-heavy dude in rush (just based on my own observations, I've never met the band)

but geddy and neil will either say no or want to add in some techno or african tribal beats to the song or maybe some more south park and family guy samples

Alex says they're playing Xanadu next tour?

Aw! :( Does that mean they're not going to be playing Xanadu next tour?

Good. U are learning the ways of the wild Lerxst.

Well, I really enjoyed seeing them play Jacob's Ladder on the Time Machine tour...waitaminute http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0006.gif

I have no doubt alex might suggest xanadu. he seems to be the one in the band who's most likely to pull out his deep purple or uriah heep records from time to time, he's definitely the pro-balls, pro-heavy dude in rush (just based on my own observations, I've never met the band)

Not really a tough conclusion to draw, considering how Geddy keeps making it a point to say that Faithless and The Garden are "one of our favorites" every time they play them. I always also assume he is speaking more for himself and Neil more so than Alex, but who knows, maybe Alex has gotten soft in his old age as well.

Not really a tough conclusion to draw, considering how Geddy keeps making it a point to say that Faithless and The Garden are "one of our favorites" every time they play them. I always also assume he is speaking more for himself and Neil more so than Alex, but who knows, maybe Alex has gotten soft in his old age as well.

I guess far cry and dreamline are supposed to be the "heavy hitters" of the set