David Letterman's Successor Is....(Envelope, please....)....

Principled Man

d44c17a0-bbb8-11e3-b1ca-01b4a86e3830_ls_stephen_colbert.jpg

"I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

:D :D :D

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/cbs-stephen-colbert-to-replace-david-letterman-as-late-show-host-164707104.html

• Like 2

Though I'm sad to see his character go, I'm interested in seeing how he'll approach late night.

If MTV/Comedy Central is agreeable to letting Colbert "borrow" his Colbert Report character, then we may see it on The Late Show....but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it!

This works out good for me. I don't watch late night television and I am not a fan of his either. Perfect.....

Well done @StephenAtHome!

While I'm sad to see Dave retire at least they made the right choice for his replacement.

Jon would have been great as well, but I think he is more important on "The Daily Show" where he can do/say whatever he wants.

Can't wait to see what @StephenAtHome has in store for us next year!

Colbert may bring some real intellectual stuff to the show, but will he have the same smart-ass humor that Dave had? And will he endear himself to the audience like Dave did? Only the future knows!! Edited by Principled Man

keep him on the report and get some other shithead to do the late show or whatever it's called. no one watches that anyway, and the last thing I care about seeing is colbert kissing angelina jolie's ass or telling bad jokes or whatever else is a late night talk show requirement now
  • Like 1

"I'm thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/cbs-stephen-colbert-to-replace-david-letterman-as-late-show-host-164707104.html

Is that the Stephen Colbert?! :D

https://tv.yahoo.com...-164707104.html

Is that the Stephen Colbert?! :D

The One, the Only......the irrepressible, unstoppable Stephen Colbert....yes. :LOL: