Peter Murphy - Seems to return to his glory days with new release -

alphseeker

Very glad to see the thumbs-up from you. I've got some money left on an iTunes gift card - this seems to be a worthy way to spend it! I was just listening to some of my favorites from "Cascade" while working out last night, so this news is interesting timing.

Agreed - he has THE most incredible voice. Only solo album of his I never cared too much for was Holy Smoke, though it grew on me a bit a few years after I bought it.

His voice is amazing, if not better than ever. He has brought some of his old magic back to life with this new release .

New Song Hang Up:

Album Teaser:

This is the first new Peter Murphy I've heard since the 90s (I used to be a big fan but drifted away for awhile). Yeah, his voice is still great. I thought on Hang Up it sounded very raw—reminded me of Bauhaus or even some Killing Joke stuff. His voice on the other songs on the album trailer sound more like his older solo stuff.

Thanks for posting this!

His voice is amazing, if not better than ever. He has brought some of his old magic back to life with this new release .

New Song Hang Up:

Album Teaser:

This is the first new Peter Murphy I've heard since the 90s (I used to be a big fan but drifted away for awhile). Yeah, his voice is still great. I thought on Hang Up it sounded very raw—reminded me of Bauhaus or even some Killing Joke stuff. His voice on the other songs on the album trailer sound more like his older solo stuff.

Thanks for posting this!

Funny you should mention it but the new album is produced by Killing Joke bassist Youth.
  • Like 1

He will be on tour - I'm seeing him at the Belly Up Tavern in San Diego, July 2. Last 3 times i've seen him at small venues have been great.

Nothing, I mean nothing beats his Coachella performance when he made his entrance via hanging upside down like a bat and singing Bella Lugosi's dead for almost nine minutes just hanging there with all the blood rushing to his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNl1ekVL6Qs

• Like 3

He will be on tour - I'm seeing him at the Belly Up Tavern in San Diego, July 2. Last 3 times i've seen him at small venues have been great.

Nothing, I mean nothing beats his Coachella performance when he made his entrance via hanging upside down like a bat and singing Bella Lugosi's dead for almost nine minutes just hanging there with all the blood rushing to his head.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hNl1ekVL6Qs

Bauhaus at Coachella. That right there is something I thought I'd never hear. (Although at this point it was almost 9 years ago, yipes!)

https://www.youtube....h?v=hNl1ekVL6Qs

Bauhaus at Coachella. That right there is something I thought I'd never hear. (Although at this point it was almost 9 years ago, yipes!)

I was front row in San Diego 2005 at 4th & B it was their last tour together, incredible.