Bought me self a new sauté pan today and thought I will put it to good use the first time.

Made a curry dish I saw Jamie Oliver do and thought I would give it a go.

13742825375_513c7fd1bc_c.jpg

Main dish:

Olive oil

One half butternut squash

2-3 chopped onions

A small bowl of red curry paste

1-2 red chilis. Adjust to your own personal taste ;)

One half collar flower

A small handful of those little green thingies I have no clue what is in english ;)

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

3-4 spoons of creme fresh if you like

Chop all the vegetables into bits and put it in a sauté pan with olive oil. Add the curry paste, garlic and chili and stir. Add carrots, coriander and parsley and let it cook under high temperature. When the butternut squash is tenderized you can add the creme fresh and season to taste with salt and perhaps some lemon juice.

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

1-2 tablespoons of turmeric

1 half tablespoon of mustard seeds

A pinch of dried chili or a couple of slices of fresh chili

Chop the lemons after you've removed the seeds. Put a pan on full whack on the stove and put the olive oil and the spices on the pan. Work it together and then add the chopped lemons. Stir it (under full whack - give it all the stove got) for 30 seconds and done. When it cools down the juices will come out and make a lovely thick zesty pickle that goes fantastic with cooked rice.

Fire Extinguisher With A Nasty Surprise:

Creme fresh with a dash of sambal oelek spice in it ;)

Didn't need the meat after all.

And butternut squash tastes magnificent!

Bon Apetit! :)

• Like 2

I admire you for cooking at all. I am so freak'in lazy I just can't do it. Its way to much work for a short and possibly sweet payoff. For me it would be akin to dating a woman who I sort of like for an extended period just to have sex once and I only last 5 minutes.... :)

I admire you for cooking at all. I am so freak'in lazy I just can't do it. Its way to much work for a short and possibly sweet payoff. For me it would be akin to dating a woman who I sort of like for an extended period just to have sex once and I only last 5 minutes.... :)

Haha, it was supposed to take half an hour but ended up taking a little over an hour to cook. Those I live together with are impressed that I cook full meals, even when it's only for myself. :)

• Like 1

Haha, it was supposed to take half an hour but ended up taking a little over an hour to cook. Those I live together with are impressed that I cook full meals, even when it's only for myself. :)

Bless you. i can't imagine going to that much trouble just to eat something... :)

Bless you. i can't imagine going to that much trouble just to eat something... :)

I figured I've had my fair share of take away, so I really enjoy cooking. Of course there are days when I don't give a damn about it and order a pizza :)

A small handful of those little green thingies I have no clue what is in english ;)

I believe those are capers in English.

That sounds fabulous. And I think I need to try that lemon pickle!

• Like 2

I love cooking and cook most of my own meals.

The trouble with knowing how to cook (and eating healthy foods) is it is much harder to be satisfied with what you get when you go out, unless you spend a lot at a nice restaurant.

• Like 2

I believe those are capers in English.

That sounds fabulous. And I think I need to try that lemon pickle!

I love cooking and cook most of my own meals.

The trouble with knowing how to cook (and eating healthy foods) is it is much harder to be satisfied with what you get when you go out, unless you spend a lot at a nice restaurant.

In danish they're called 'kapers' so I thought it would be 'capers' in english but it seemed too obvious ;)

Actually, most of the times I eat out I think to myself that I could cook the food better. Perhaps I should start dining someplace better haha.

By the way that lemon pickle can get quite ... powerful, so you may want to adjust it a bit :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

Bought me self a new sauté pan today and thought I will put it to good use the first time.

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Chop all the vegetables into bits and put it in a sauté pan with olive oil. Add the curry paste, garlic and chili and stir. Add carrots, coriander and parsley and let it cook under high temperature. When the butternut squash is tenderized you can add the creme fresh and season to taste with salt and perhaps some lemon juice.

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

Chop the lemons after you've removed the seeds. Put a pan on full whack on the stove and put the olive oil and the spices on the pan. Work it together and then add the chopped lemons. Stir it (under full whack - give it all the stove got) for 30 seconds and done. When it cools down the juices will come out and make a lovely thick zesty pickle that goes fantastic with cooked rice.

That. Looks. Amazing!

I admire a man who loves to cook. There's something sexy about it.

You'll get that girl in no time, my funny nerdy cooking friend. :)

• Like 1

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

That. Looks. Amazing!

Thank you :blush:

I'm a hopeless romantic and a nice dinner with a sweet girl is not so romantic with processed foods. Besides, eating crappy food is a waste of ones tastebuds :yes:

• Like 2

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

That. Looks. Amazing!

I'm a hopeless romantic and a nice dinner with a sweet girl is not so romantic with processed foods. Besides, eating crappy food is a waste of ones tastebuds :yes:

If Rush tours next year you have GOT to come to the States! I think a lot of us here would love to meet you.

Question about the lemon pickle - do you use rind and everything (except seeds)?

• Like 2

That. Looks. Amazing!

Agreed on all points, Janie's included! Well, most point—I'll just have to assume TAG is a hopeless romantic ;)

• Like 1

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

That. Looks. Amazing!

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

That. Looks. Amazing!

I dont even call processed food "food"... because it really isn't.

• Like 3

Main dish:

Olive oil

2-3 chopped onions

One half collar flower

Some carrots

4 cloves of garlic

Coriander and parsley

Lemon Pickle:

Olive oil

1 lemon

That. Looks. Amazing!

If Rush tours next year you have GOT to come to the States! I think a lot of us here would love to meet you.

Question about the lemon pickle - do you use rind and everything (except seeds)?

For all of you lovely people here I would come to the states anyway :hug2:

I use everything except the seeds. The heat tenderizes the rind enough to be chewable.

• Like 1

What kind of new non-stick pan did you get? I see the rivets, but could not see the handle.

I made tamales yesterday. Started Weds night. Talk about a job! You're dish, looks very good!

• Like 1

What kind of new non-stick pan did you get? I see the rivets, but could not see the handle.

I made tamales yesterday. Started Weds night. Talk about a job! You're dish, looks very good!

Thank you :)

I used the Jamie Oliver one by Tefal. Found it on sale and had to get it. Best pan I've used.

• Like 1