I'm currently writing with 3 girls and I suppose I'm gonna date them at some point. Now here is something I'm not quite sure about how to do - well, I know how to date them of course, but I'm not sure if it would be proper to bet on more than one horse so to speak :eyeroll:. Just to clarify, I'm not in it for sex and will of course stop dating if I begin to have more than friendly feelings towards one of them.

I guess as long as I'm honest and don't make promises I can't keep that it will be fine? With my luck it will blow up in my face and there'll be more girls than I can handle, and I'll end up making everybody feel bad :eh:

• Like 1

I'm currently writing with 3 girls and I suppose I'm gonna date them at some point. Now here is something I'm not quite sure about how to do - well, I know how to date them of course, but I'm not sure if it would be proper to bet on more than one horse so to speak :eyeroll:. Just to clarify, I'm not in it for sex and will of course stop dating if I begin to have more than friendly feelings towards one of them.

I guess as long as I'm honest and don't make promises I can't keep that it will be fine? With my luck it will blow up in my face and there'll be more girls than I can handle, and I'll end up making everybody feel bad :eh:

Nah, you'll be fine. As long as they don't know about the others it'll be good.

You'll know quickly (as I recall) when you find a woman you love because then you won't want to date any other women. JMO

• Like 3

If you are just going on a date (or a few dates) where it is dinner and "get to know you" then you are fine, and no need to tell anyone about anybody else. If the conversation ever turns to other people you are dating, be honest. Tell them you've had dinner with a couple other people who are promising, but you're hoping to find someone to date monogamously. However, if things start to get serious with someone, that may be time to have a conversation about where the relationship is going, and ask "should I stop seeing the other people (with whom it has not yet started to get serious)."

• Like 2

If you are just going on a date (or a few dates) where it is dinner and "get to know you" then you are fine, and no need to tell anyone about anybody else. If the conversation ever turns to other people you are dating, be honest. Tell them you've had dinner with a couple other people who are promising, but you're hoping to find someone to date monogamously. However, if things start to get serious with someone, that may be time to have a conversation about where the relationship is going, and ask "should I stop seeing the other people (with whom it has not yet started to get serious)."

Sound advice.

• Like 2

That's a great advice which I'll follow. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Just kidding, this is the one I'm using

12340775563_b176136085.jpg

You sure you want to let them see your dandruff problem right away?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though, TAG, I think this is a really great picture of you! :)

Dandruff. HA!

I agree with Janie on this one. But, the dandruff comment was rather funny. :LOL:

Seriously, great shot. :cheers:

• Like 1

The first conversation I ever had with my husband was about music so I understand bringing up bands you like.

When I said, I know you probably never heard of this band I like, King Crimson, and he said he loved them. Well...there you go.

Good luck and best wishes.

It will happen! :cool:

I think there was a law that forbade chicks from liking King Crimson at the University of Maryland. They weren't even allowed to know about them.

Pfft...

I'm the one who introduced King Crimson to my ex... he had no idea they existed until he met me.

And you attended the University of Maryland when?

:sarcastic:

Never but I'm just making a point about guys who say women don't know or don't like certain bands... look at Rush. Rush was considered to be a guy band only because they were too "nerdy" and chicks liked the cool hair metal bands. But look at all the women at shows now...

just sayin'

• Like 1

The first conversation I ever had with my husband was about music so I understand bringing up bands you like.

When I said, I know you probably never heard of this band I like, King Crimson, and he said he loved them. Well...there you go.

I think there was a law that forbade chicks from liking King Crimson at the University of Maryland. They weren't even allowed to know about them.

Pfft...

I'm the one who introduced King Crimson to my ex... he had no idea they existed until he met me.

Never but I'm just making a point about guys who say women don't know or don't like certain bands... look at Rush. Rush was considered to be a guy band only because they were too "nerdy" and chicks liked the cool hair metal bands. But look at all the women at shows now...

just sayin'

I agree.

I tend to like bands that guys like- Rush, King Crimson, Husker Du, Porcupine Tree, Genesis.

My hubby says I'm quite a catch because I also LOVE sports....I think more than he does!

• Like 1

Pfft...

just sayin'

I agree.

I tend to like bands that guys like- Rush, King Crimson, Husker Du, Porcupine Tree, Genesis.

My hubby says I'm quite a catch because I also LOVE sports....I think more than he does!

Ha! Ya I got my man into Porcupine Tree and we're both into Rush and sports. He loves it when I get all crazy over hockey and football... a lil more than he does. :LOL:

• Like 2

Why would anyone want to start dating? Such a stupid, pointless waste of time.

Been there, done that, as you can probably tell.

Don't waste your time. Find yourself a part-time job, take an art class or write a novel.

Why would anyone want to start dating? Such a stupid, pointless waste of time.

Been there, done that, as you can probably tell.

Don't waste your time. Find yourself a part-time job, take an art class or write a novel.

I haven't been there and done that ;)

Soooo... is your dating profile pic some of the really awesome avatars you have posted on here in the last 6 mos or so? :LOL: :ebert: For a video clip, do your zerbert in slow motion videos that you told me about! :haz:

Soooo... is your dating profile pic some of the really awesome avatars you have posted on here in the last 6 mos or so? :LOL: :ebert: For a video clip, do your zerbert in slow motion videos that you told me about! :haz:

I think it's a mixture, but fortunately I'm not able to upload videos to my profile ;)

• Like 1

Good luck with all of that. At first its SILLY.

Then it can be hurting...... and then become A SHOW before you know it.

Okay so I just found this thread, its been good for a few laughs. No I notice you havent posted in a few weeks. update?

Its a shame I couldnt be there to be your wingman

Alright, guess it's time for an update:

Nothing has happened. The few I wrote with kind of faded into nothing and the ones I'm interested in isn't interested in me and vice versa. Typical. But more important is that I haven't given it much thought lately. I'm too busy having a wonderful time on my own that the thought of actively seeking out dates is far from my mind. I feel great and don't feel I need a significant other. So far I'll enjoy it and save the loneliness for a rainy day ;).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will let it happen by chance. :)

• Like 1