The Reason I'll Be Taking A Second Zoloft Today

gangsterfurious

Lorraine, it's for the Grapes Under Pressure event, which I was saving up money for. Previously it cost about $1,500 a head and then there was a silent auction. Now you have to bid and it's at over $20,000.

That's outrageous. I wonder why they did that.

Lorraine, it's for the Grapes Under Pressure event, which I was saving up money for. Previously it cost about $1,500 a head and then there was a silent auction. Now you have to bid and it's at over $20,000.

Well it's for the charity and fans who have it are willing to pay it.

It's for charity. :)

Damn it, too slow :P

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

From what I can tell, this is a different event than the charity auction in which Geddy and Alex participated in 2009. That was an auction at which they, and wine, were present, and people paid $1,500 to get in and then bid on items that had been donated to raise money. This is for two people to take a private train trip with Geddy and Alex on a day spent doing wine-related activities. Read the description:

You and a guest will travel with Lee and Lifeson on a private train to the Niagara winery region outside of Toronto. Your day will include breakfast, picking and learning about grapes, a wine tasting, lunch on the vineyard and a 2-night stay at a Royal York Hotel in Toronto. This package is perfect for wine lovers and fans of RUSH!

That they're doing this two people who paid five figures rather than with a herd of people who paid $1,500 each does not seem at all unreasonable to me.

• Like 1

From what I can tell, this is a different event than the charity auction in which Geddy and Alex participated in 2009. That was an auction at which they, and wine, were present, and people paid $1,500 to get in and then bid on items that had been donated to raise money. This is for two people to take a private train trip with Geddy and Alex on a day spent doing wine-related activities. Read the description:

You and a guest will travel with Lee and Lifeson on a private train to the Niagara winery region outside of Toronto. Your day will include breakfast, picking and learning about grapes, a wine tasting, lunch on the vineyard and a 2-night stay at a Royal York Hotel in Toronto. This package is perfect for wine lovers and fans of RUSH!

That they're doing this two people who paid five figures rather than with a herd of people who paid $1,500 each does not seem at all unreasonable to me.

http://www.earthrosedale.com/Portals/160/CustomPages/Grapes%20Under%20Pressure%20-%20City%20Bites%20December%202011.pdf

Here, it waas $1,000 a ticket and 50 people went on the train with them at one point.

In 2009 tickets were only $750.00 :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

In 2009 tickets were only $750.00 :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

F**king Obamacare!!! :(
  • Like 2

http://www.earthrosedale.com/Portals/160/CustomPages/Grapes%20Under%20Pressure%20-%20City%20Bites%20December%202011.pdf

Here, it waas $1,000 a ticket and 50 people went on the train with them at one point.

That's a lot of people to have to deal with personally, especially when those people feel that they have purchased personal time with you. I don't blame Geddy and Alex one bit if at this point in their lives they would rather find less physically and psychically taxing ways of doing their good works.

Edited by GeddysMullet

I couldn't get the page to load in the link. Other than that, I can read.

F**king Obamacare!!! :(

WAR ON WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

http://www.earthrose...cember 2011.pdf

That's a lot of people to have to deal with personally, especially when those people feel that they have purchased personal time with you. I don't blame Geddy and Alex one bit if at this point in their lives they would rather find less physically and psychically taxing ways of doing their good works.

Eh I just want to prune grapes with Alex while he cracks jokes.

Well in other news. I have a kidney for sale if anybody is interested. I just need to be able to have it yanked out at least six weeks before this event.

I have an interested client willing to pay top dollar.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2149/thesilenceofthelambs199.png

• Like 3

Well in other news. I have a kidney for sale if anybody is interested. I just need to be able to have it yanked out at least six weeks before this event.

I have an interested client willing to pay top dollar.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2149/thesilenceofthelambs199.png

:heart:

I saw the bid and wow, that's a lot! I can understand why they're doing it that way—the organization is trying to get the largest donation possible while making it as easy as possible for Geddy and Alex. But $20k (or whatever it goes up to by the time the auction closes)? I just can't donate that much, even if it means missing an incredible opportunity.

This made me think a little about meeting them, though. I've had the good fortune to have met many musicians in the course of my life, some of them have been people/bands that I really loved. I only like meeting bands when there is a reason and I have something to say; I'm just not the sort of person who can go up to someone and say "Ohmygod I love your music" or whatever. And that's why I've never done the meet & greets with Rush—I don't want to be Just Another Fan they happen to meet. That's also exactly why meeting them at an event like this would be so wonderful (although not as wonderful as meeting them, say, through a mutual friend). We'd have a love of wine and an event in common, and it would give us something to talk about. But would it be enough to talk about? How horrible would it be if I finally got to hang out with these guys and then I sat there for hours because I couldn't think of anything to talk about?! Yeah, it's better that I save my $20k and not embarrass myself like that ;)

I saw the bid and wow, that's a lot! I can understand why they're doing it that way—the organization is trying to get the largest donation possible while making it as easy as possible for Geddy and Alex. But $20k (or whatever it goes up to by the time the auction closes)? I just can't donate that much, even if it means missing an incredible opportunity.

This made me think a little about meeting them, though. I've had the good fortune to have met many musicians in the course of my life, some of them have been people/bands that I really loved. I only like meeting bands when there is a reason and I have something to say; I'm just not the sort of person who can go up to someone and say "Ohmygod I love your music" or whatever. And that's why I've never done the meet & greets with Rush—I don't want to be Just Another Fan they happen to meet. That's also exactly why meeting them at an event like this would be so wonderful (although not as wonderful as meeting them, say, through a mutual friend). We'd have a love of wine and an event in common, and it would give us something to talk about. But would it be enough to talk about? How horrible would it be if I finally got to hang out with these guys and then I sat there for hours because I couldn't think of anything to talk about?! Yeah, it's better that I save my $20k and not embarrass myself like that ;)

I feel the same way. I want to meet them but I really don't want to be a typical fan in a typical fan experience, fawning over them and gushing over Geddy and whatnot. I'd just like to have this experience where I'm participating in something that interests me and that I love, what a great memory. I don't think you'd have to worry about talking to them. I know I'd hit it off with Alex right off the bat, and then there are all of those other Rush fans/wine lovers there too that you'd get to meet and hang out with.

• Like 1

If you could just forget that they are who they are and remember that both of them are just two more flesh and blood human beings with the same strengths and weaknesses as everyone else. I am sure if you spoke to both of their wives, they could also tell you things both of them do that drive them up a wall. Hard as they may be to imagine. And believe. ;)

the important thing to do would be to not have more than one (1) glass of wine, lest your tongue loosen and then who-knows-what will come of your mouth. :ph34r:

• Like 1

If you could just forget that they are who they are and remember that both of them are just two more flesh and blood human beings with the same strengths and weaknesses as everyone else. I am sure if you spoke to both of their wives, they could also tell you things both of them do that drive them up a wall. Hard as they may be to imagine. And believe. ;)

the important thing to do would be to not have more than one (1) glass of wine, lest your tongue loosen and then who-knows-what will come of your mouth. :ph34r:

I say you only live once. Have a couple and then just say whatever is on your mind. You'll never get the opportunity again.

• Like 1

I say you only live once. Have a couple and then just say whatever is on your mind. You'll never get the opportunity again.

Heavens no. I can only imagine what inanities would come out of my mouth. :o

Loose lips sink ships! :LOL:

• Like 3

Drunk me :hail:: "Ohmygod you guys are like, so great. But what in the heck were you thinking with a couple of those albums?"

• Like 1

Drunk me :hail:: "Ohmygod you guys are like, so great. But what in the heck were you thinking with a couple of those albums?"

Drunk me :hail: "Hi Geddy... :moose: :sigh: :drool: :blush: :notworthy: :coy: ;) "

Geddy walks away....

Me... :banghead:

:geddy: Lerxst, the next time we have this, start the opening bid at $100 grand.

:LMAO:

At which point Alex would come and comfort me because that's what he does when Geddy rejects my license plate love.

• Like 1

:geddy: Lerxst, the next time we have this, start the opening bid at $100 grand.

:LMAO:

At which point Alex would come and comfort me because that's what he does when Geddy rejects my license plate love.

I had a little skit typed up between Alex and Geddy that brought the infamous license plate incident into play, but I know you are still hurt about it and I didn't want to make light of it.