Letterman Retiring in 2015

Xanadoood

Letterman announces his retirement. I remember watching him when I was 13 years old.. The guy was the best.. Haven't really watched him in years, but I'll miss him nonetheless

David Letterman Retiring After More Than 30 Years As Late Night Host

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/david-letterman-retiring_n_5086653.html

Interesting side note, he will be 67 next year, the same age as Carson in 92 for his retirement. Letterman worshiped Carson.

Edited by Xanadoood

Letterman lost it decades ago. Smug and bitter.

But, way back in the 1980's the man was brilliant. I forced myself to stay up and watch Late Night.

Anyway, regardless of my personal opinion, the man is a television legend.

• Like 2

But, way back in the 1980's the man was brilliant. I forced myself to stay up and watch Late Night.

I wouldn't say decades.. More like the last ten years or so.. He was pretty solid through the 90s IMO

I wouldn't say decades.. More like the last ten years or so.. He was pretty solid through the 90s IMO

Yeah, I guess I overreached with the timeline. But my point is it's been a long while!

Well, I figured he'd retire by the end of the decade but still...damn. I actually liked him unlike Jay "Bigjaw" Leno, and always thought that his musical guest part of the show was the best of all the late night shows.
  • Like 1

I used to watch Carson all the time. I really haven't watched much late night television since he retired and then passed. If Stern ever did a late night show and was allowed to do his thing uncensored then I would be interested. Never really cared for Leno either. I gave him a chance when he first took over The Tonight Show but just didn't like him. Dave is a icon for sure in late night . You gotta give him that....
  • Like 1

Letterman announces his retirement. I remember watching him when I was 13 years old.. The guy was the best.. Haven't really watched him in years, but I'll miss him nonetheless

David Letterman Retiring After More Than 30 Years As Late Night Host

http://www.huffingto..._n_5086653.html

Interesting side note, he will be 67 next year, the same age as Carson in 92 for his retirement. Letterman worshiped Carson.

30 years? Wow. I still think of him as the new host who took over for Johnny Carson. :codger:

Happy Retirement, yada yada. and now Mr. Craig Ferguson can rise to rule late night. Move over Fallon, You have a Scotsman, A Skeleton, and a Horse to compete with.
  • Like 2

Happy Retirement, yada yada. and now Mr. Craig Ferguson can rise to rule late night. Move over Fallon, You have a Scotsman, A Skeleton, and a Horse to compete with.

Craig Ferguson is the best thing on late night.

I don't know why, but the Scotsman, Skeleton and Horse bit reminds me of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Craig Ferguson is the best thing on late night.

Ferguson is great. Letterman is a huge influence.

A man who has never made me laugh....meh.

If you were an impressionable 13 year old in 1984, staying up late watching him, you'd get it. Watching him in recent years, I could see why some might not think he's all that great.