TOST to be Locked

Mr. Not

Should TOST be locked and thrown away?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should TOST be locked and thrown away?

• Yes, and there should be a consequence: _______ (recommend consequence in your post).
    • Yes, and all who participated in the thread should be permanently banned
    • Yes, but let the participants redeem themselves by actually making posts in real threads (if they're even mentally capable of doing so, that is)...
    • No, I think wasting bandwith is a good thing :sarcasm:

I'm really sick of this "THE ONLY SPAM THREAD" (or, TOST) thread.

Just who do these "Spammers" think they are? I told them to stop spamming a couple days ago, and they just laughed at my f***ing face! I just don't get it... I've heard complaints from other board members about this thread - and the activity of spamming in general - so I know I'm not alone here! This is a call for action: let's get this shitty ass TOST thread locked once and for all.

In this threads poll you can also select whether or not you think there should be a severe punishment for those who part took in such an unproductive act... And if you are passionate about this cause, as am I, you should add this image below into your signature. Let your voice be heard!

http://puu.sh/7SRWX.png

On a side note, there's also a thread that has been surfacing which I find absolutely despicable. It hasn't become quite as big a problem as TOST, but it's still a useless thread and it's beyond me why anyone would think such a thread would be a good idea. Said thread is Substancewithoutstyle's Slightly Frivolous Flora and Fauna Photo Gallery

Again, this isn't of immediate concern, but those who care about the quality of this website should keep this one on their radar.

Bless you all, and peace out.

Edited by Mr. IsNot
  • Like 2

It shouldn't be locked, but people need to understand that those who regularly frequent TOST are there to jettison twaddle for the sole purpose of accumulating post counts. A few noobs seem to think it's the place to engage in trivial chit-chat, much to the annoyance of veteran spammers. Lately it's also been riddled with pathetic attempts to be clever, and those who seek to transform TOST into something it was never intended to be should be advised to start their own threads. Edited by substancewithoutstyle
  • Like 2

I'm really sick of this "THE ONLY SPAM THREAD" (or, TOST) thread.

Just who do these "Spammers" think they are? I told them to stop spamming a couple days ago, and they just laughed at my f***ing face! I just don't get it... I've heard complaints from other board members about this thread - and the activity of spamming in general - so I know I'm not alone here! This is a call for action: let's get this shitty ass TOST thread locked once and for all.

In this threads poll you can also select whether or not you think there should be a severe punishment for those who part took in such an unproductive act... And if you are passionate about this cause, as am I, you should add this image below into your signature. Let your voice be heard!

http://puu.sh/7SRWX.png

On a side note, there's also a thread that has been surfacing which I find absolutely despicable. It hasn't become quite as big a problem as TOST, but it's still a useless thread and it's beyond me why anyone would think such a thread would be a good idea. Said thread is Substancewithoutstyle's Slightly Frivolous Flora and Fauna Photo Gallery

Again, this isn't of immediate concern, but those who care about the quality of this website should keep this one on their radar.

Bless you all, and peace out.

It shouldn't be locked, but people need to understand that those who regularly frequent TOST are there to jettison twaddle for the sole purpose of accumulating post counts. A few noobs seem to think it's the place to engage in trivial chit-chat, much to the annoyance of veteran spammers. Lately it's also been riddled with pathetic attempts to be clever, and those who seek to transform TOST into something it was never intended to be should be advised to start their own threads.

Both of you need to contact a Therapist. :wacko: :crazy: :banana:

• Like 3

A thread I've never visited...because if I discard spam from my email account without even looking at it (which I do)...then I certainly don't want to engage in being a spammer. Do I?

:huh:

• Like 1

I agree we have to keep our eye on that one. One day I peeked in to see what it was about. This is what I encountered:

http://i.imgur.com/q0SeUtt.jpg?1

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LittleShopOfHorrors.jpg :ph34r:

screen-shot-2016-05-03-at-6-21-30-am.png

Need I present more evidence? And who do you think that is tied to the tree?? Does it resemble any TRF member we know???

• Like 2

If you don't want TOST to be locked, are you being Lock-TOST intolerant? ;) :syrinx:
  • Like 5

I agree we have to keep our eye on that one. One day I peeked in to see what it was about. This is what I encountered:

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/LittleShopOfHorrors.jpg :ph34r:

Need I present more evidence? And who do you think that is tied to the tree?? Does it resemble any TRF member we know???

Hey, Lorraine. :hi:

I have an extensive list of TRF members I'd like to tie to a tree, but I'm afraid not even the girth of a baobab would accommodate them all.

This place makes me laugh, sometimes.

It's time for me to return to my self-imposed exile. :LOL:

• Like 1

Hey, Lorraine. :hi:

I have an extensive list of TRF members I'd like to tie to a tree, but I'm afraid not even the girth of a baobab would accommodate them all.

This place makes me laugh, sometimes.

It's time for me to return to my self-imposed exile. :LOL:

My post was a stab at being humorous.

Lately I haven't been using these-----------------> ;) :cool: to test out the waters.

I guess some attempts at humor are more obvious than others. I'm sorry. :(

:hug2: :hi:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

If TOST were locked wouldn't a new TOST v.13 open up down the block???

Yes. But I think the issue at hand is "Should TRF implement a permanent ban on TOST and TOST related activities?"

I'm for freedom and for consenting adults to do whatever they want as long as no one else is being harmed. I lean toward nay...NAY I SAY.

I think it must be a millennial thing. Mindless drivel.

Im 43 and mindless drivel is pretty much my thing.

Oh, I don't know about that. You've made some pretty intelligent posts now and then. ;)