How I Met Your Mother

Lost In Xanadu

It's done.

Anyone been following this show? I really liked some of the early/middle seasons. The last few have fallen off... but overall, I thought it was a good series run. Came to a n end last night, and one of my 2 predictions came true.

The one I got right... Ted's wife was dead, and that was the reason he was telling his kids the story regarding how he met their mother.

The one I got wrong... I thought Barney was going to confess that all of the stories about him womanizing were really just stories, but he and Robin got divorced and he went back to his old ways.

I actually didn't start watching until I heard about Geddy being on the show. With Jason Segal being in I Love You Man, it kind of brought things all together. Going back and catching up on old reruns, there are definitely parts of the show that ring true for me, especially when I was in my early 20s.

I am sad to see it go, but I think it was definitely time.

I was pretty disappointed with the finale.

Yeah, we were too. It was a different take on how to end a series, but something was definitely missing. I guess it all made sense in the end, I do like how blue horn made an appearance.

Still want some closure regarding the pineapple incident... or was it just something I missed in another episode?

Yeah, we were too. It was a different take on how to end a series, but something was definitely missing. I guess it all made sense in the end, I do like how blue horn made an appearance.

Still want some closure regarding the pineapple incident... or was it just something I missed in another episode?

I don't know whether the pineapple incident came up again. I'll have to check that out in a year or two when I rewatch from the beginning. I'll have to see if I'm even remotely interested in rewatching the last few seasons, though. I was hoping the ending would redeem all that somehow, but honestly, I HATED what they did with it. HATED. :(

I don't know whether the pineapple incident came up again. I'll have to check that out in a year or two when I rewatch from the beginning. I'll have to see if I'm even remotely interested in rewatching the last few seasons, though. I was hoping the ending would redeem all that somehow, but honestly, I HATED what they did with it. HATED. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/31/showbiz/tv/himym-finale/

Segel: I don't want to go out on a limb, but I will. This is potentially the best finale of any show ever ... with the possible exception of the second "Newhart" series.

Sorry Marsh-pillow :no:

The only reason I am aware of this show is because it was everywhere. Along with The Big Bang Theory, I think it's always on television. You just can't NOT be aware of it. I watched very little of it, and I never laughed. Ever. Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee... never went "Ha!"
  • Like 2

The only reason I am aware of this show is because it was everywhere. Along with The Big Bang Theory, I think it's always on television. You just can't NOT be aware of it. I watched very little of it, and I never laughed. Ever. Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee... never went "Ha!"

:goodone:

Gave up on this show around the fifth season, I believe. I got tired of waiting for him to meet the mother. The fact that they stretched that whole story out for nine seasons is mind boggling. Barney is awesome though and was the main reason to watch.
  • Like 1

Me too....totally agree.

Funny, I had the same feeling for a while. I just didn't get it. There were a couple older episodes that really got me interested, especially "The Pineapple Incident". It was basically the Hangover, 4 years earlier, and in a half hour. Once I got into the flow of the show, I started liking it more and more. I thought Neil Patrick Harris was great in it. There were even a few Doogie Howser shots throw in along the way.

Funny, I had the same feeling for a while. I just didn't get it. There were a couple older episodes that really got me interested, especially "The Pineapple Incident". It was basically the Hangover, 4 years earlier, and in a half hour. Once I got into the flow of the show, I started liking it more and more. I thought Neil Patrick Harris was great in it. There were even a few Doogie Howser shots throw in along the way.

Some "shots" should have been fired you mean! :bang bang:

I always enjoyed the show since I started watching with the promise of Geddy Lee. The ending I enjoyed, though more for Barney's ending than Ted's. I think the problem that most people are having with this finale I how they killed off the mother after us getting to know her for a season. I have a feeling that they originally wanted to make the mother not a huge deal as a joke when they kill her off, but then, when pressed with either making another season, or cramming the end abruptly into the 8th, they chose to go one more.

So long How I Met Your Mother. I will miss it.

I will say, the one thing I will say about the show, it did seem like they had a plan. Like they had an idea about themes they wanted to work in through the series. Things like the umbrella, the flash forwards to Barney and Robin's wedding, etc etc. Stuff like that was woven through the entire show, and really brought the whole story together.

I watched it when it began but got tired of waiting. I kept thinking "that's an awful lot of women he has to plow through to find your mother".

But was Geddy Lee in the series? Where and when?

He was in the episode called "PS I Love You"

Okay, I just finished watching the finale so now I can read this thread :)

Maybe I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the show. Some parts got old, like how almost every love-interest-girl is the stereotypical skinny, plastic-looking type of person, but all-in-all it was fun & light. Barney is a really great character, although I think he's only so great because he is the complete opposite of Neil Patrick Harris.

Anyway, the finale ...

I have to admit, it caught me by surprise. I didn't see the death of the mother coming until the scene with her in the hospital bed, I didn't see Robin & Barney getting divorced, and because of both of those, I didn't see Ted asking Robin out. I thought it was a good, albeit bittersweet, ending.

I hate this show and i especially hate that Doogie Howser MD clown, what a showbiz pussy! :pussy:

I hate the show too but I thought Doogie Howser was the only good part. My wife watched that show and I could literally watch entire episodes and not even crack a smile. I particularly hated that tall dorky douche from the RUSH concert... you know, the putz with the fake backstage passes who ate Neils sandwich...whatever his name is. I can't stand that guy.