Are all dreams supposed to have meaning???

Mara

Does anyone here fly in their dreams? Since I was a child I have been able to do that. Fly and levitate and end a dream at will.

I don't remember ever flying. That must be fun!

I used to fly in my dreams when I was young. I can't remember the last time I did. I can't even remember my dreams anymore once I have awaken. Even the "good" ones which I have fewer and fewer of those too. I still do have deja vu from time to time. It only lasts a few seconds but it is still happening....

Just Narpski and me? Well. Maybe it is a generational thing.

Anyway, Narp, you will be flying again. I stopped for about twenty years myself but started again about fifteen years ago.

I rarely remember my dreams anymore either; even when I have good ones, my memory of them is only a vague outline. Details are missing. I used to remember all of them and quite vividly. No more.

Just Narpski and me? Well. Maybe it is a generational thing.

Anyway, Narp, you will be flying again. I stopped for about twenty years myself but started again about fifteen years ago.

I rarely remember my dreams anymore either; even when I have good ones, my memory of them is only a vague outline. Details are missing. I used to remember all of them and quite vividly. No more.

Its kind of frustrating actually. Last night for example I know I dreamt my ass off. When I woke this morning I was aware that I had but could remember no details at all....

Does anyone here fly in their dreams? Since I was a child I have been able to do that. Fly and levitate and end a dream at will.

Ha Ha. I have flown in some dreams but I have to flap my arms really hard, and it's not that fun because it's hard to get my ass off the ground that way.

I wonder if you can sleep through a nightmare and not know about it when you wake up? Lately I've woken up literally drenched in cold sweat but with no recollection of having dreamt. I do have some weird ass dreams lately. One involved me on a little tricycle going around the countryside. I got to a steep hill and no matter how much I tried I would stay still halvway up. A man in a car comes from the other direction, stops and hands me a pack of burger buns. Then I wake up.

Another dream was more menacing. The only detail that stuck with me is that I'm sitting on top of a steep hill. Suddenly a small group of people charge up that hill, and when they are at the edge a couple of meters from me they tear off their faces and throw it at me.

I remember a nightmare from when I was a kid. I was riding my bicycle which had a very different set of brakes (I wouldn't be surprised to see someone invent them one day) and a tidal wave comes in and sweeps the house away with my family. I think that dream is very obvious.

I don't think all dreams are saying something, but some offer a great insight I believe. But it depends on the person and not the dream.

I think you're being abducted by aliens. :dweez:

Ha Ha. I have flown in some dreams but I have to flap my arms really hard, and it's not that fun because it's hard to get my ass off the ground that way.

I don't know if you are joking or serious, but in case the latter, I don't flap my arms at all. I can propel myself at will. It's wild.

For several months after I quit smoking I had dreams in which I smoked. That never happened before I quit.

I became a vegetarian over seven years ago, and since then I occasionally have dreams about meat. It's usually something like I've found a plate a meat in front of me and I suddenly remember, "Hey, I'm not supposed to eat this," or "Why do I have this?" And I have zero desire to eat meat in real life, so it's not like it's something I'm struggling with.

Brains are weird.

That is awesome. When I go veggie I keep having dreams that my mom is taking me through the drive-thru at Weinerschnitzel in the car she had when I was 6.

I don't remember ever flying. That must be fun!

Yes! Ive dreamt about flying! :yes: :hi:

The only dream I have that has meaning is the one where I have to pee, but every restroom I find is closed or unavailable. Then I wake up needing to pee. It's a frustrating dream, but it's better than dreaming I found an available restroom and waking up with a wet bed.

I have very similar, but in my dreams either the toilets are blocked or reall filthy dirty, or they're useable but but right in the middle of a public space with no cubicle!