Drop a Deuce Next Tour

LedRush

Instead of washing machines, ovens, or other household items, they could have toilets this time around.

If they want to complete the theme, they could even play a song from Counterparts.

Instead of washing machines, ovens, or other household items, they could have toilets this time around.

If they want to complete the theme, they could even play a song from Counterparts.

put your dookie in some porcelain, and flush into a larger bowl

Edited by tx_rush
  • Like 1

:'( I like Counterparts.

Everyone does. LR had an bad ear infection in 1993. He also hates In Utero, Get A Grip, Pork Soda and Vs.

Everyone except for the hundreds of thousands that bought Roll the Bones and then didn't buy Counterparts.

Perhaps those other albums just revealed to me how lacking CP was. I loved Vs and In Utero; Get a Grip was just ok, Pork Soda I liked later.

Everyone does. LR had an bad ear infection in 1993. He also hates In Utero, Get A Grip, Pork Soda and Vs.

Everyone except for the hundreds of thousands that bought Roll the Bones and then didn't buy Counterparts.

Perhaps those other albums just revealed to me how lacking CP was. I loved Vs and In Utero; Get a Grip was just ok, Pork Soda I liked later.

Not to defend Counterparts, but isn't it more likely that people didn't buy Counterparts because they didn't like RTB than that they didn't like CP?

• Like 1

Not to defend Counterparts, but isn't it more likely that people didn't buy Counterparts because they didn't like RTB than that they didn't like CP?

Then why did so many more people buy Roll The Bones than Presto? I know the hardcore hate on RTB, but it got a lot of casuals interested in Rush. Those guys went away when CP came out.

Edited by LedRush

Then why did so many more people buy Roll The Bones than Presto? I know the hardcore hate on RTB, but it got a lot of casuals interested in Rush. Those guys went away when CP came out.

Because presto has the worst album cover ever and RTB actually has a pretty cool album cover

• Like 1

Because presto has the worst album cover ever and RTB actually has a pretty cool album cover

It that's true, Hugh Syme deserves one helluva raise. Or he should be fired for CP, Presto and HYF.

It that's true, Hugh Syme deserves one helluva raise. Or he should be fired for CP, Presto and HYF.

Counterparts - Highest charting Rush album in USA

Like me, they heard Dreamline and went out and bought the album. (I wasn't sure I was going to get it until I heard the greatness that was Dreamliner, TBH) Then like me, they listened to the rest of it, and, after that AND Presto, decided to save their money on the next one.

Counterparts, sold less than RTB, which has the highest number of high charting singles of any Rush album.

Like me, they heard Dreamline and went out and bought the album. (I wasn't sure I was going to get it until I heard the greatness that was Dreamliner, TBH) Then like me, they listened to the rest of it, and, after that AND Presto, decided to save their money on the next one.

And all the singles did so well why?

Counterparts, sold less than RTB, which has the highest number of high charting singles of any Rush album.

Also, it's more likely that LABT's theory played out with CP. RTB sold very well and had singles which did very well. Everyone goes out to buy CP in the first week (making it #2), and then stops buying (which is why it sold less than RTB).

You sure about that? I think both had 4.

You sure about that? I think both had 4.

The first 3 were tied (1, 2, and 9) and the 4th for RTB was 13, while CP's was 35. Not a huge difference I know, but it paints a different picture than people assume.

The first 3 were tied (1, 2, and 9) and the 4th for RTB was 13, while CP's was 35. Not a huge difference I know, but it paints a different picture than people assume.

I think you mean it paints a different picture than what you assume we are assuming.

Not being so fixated on hating CP, please let me know what the singles were on RTB (if they're not Dreamline I won't be able to explain the popularity of any of them.)

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, or if it's even within the time period we're taking about, but I believe there was a significant change to the way sales were measured at some point which led to a move from a gradual build in sales for an album to the first week being the peak (the vast majority of the time) with dropoffs from there It wouldn't lead to a difference in the total number of sales but it would change the timing.

I'm trying to understand what your point is here. That material that appeals to casual fans is better than material that is better received by die hard RUSH fans? I surely can't agree with that. I will take CP over RTB hands down, but even among us as die hard RUSH fans, it is a matter of widely varying opinions. And if you want to use album sales as a gauge, we should all move over to the Justin Bieber forums...

I'm trying to understand what your point is here. That material that appeals to casual fans is better than material that is better received by die hard RUSH fans? I surely can't agree with that. I will take CP over RTB hands down, but even among us as die hard RUSH fans, it is a matter of widely varying opinions. And if you want to use album sales as a gauge, we should all move over to the Justin Bieber forums...

Nope, the point isn't which is better. That's a subjective determination. Someone argued that everyone loves CP more than RTB except me. I'm just showing that that's not true.

Not being so fixated on hating CP, please let me know what the singles were on RTB (if they're not Dreamline I won't be able to explain the popularity of any of them.)

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, or if it's even within the time period we're taking about, but I believe there was a significant change to the way sales were measured at some point which led to a move from a gradual build in sales for an album to the first week being the peak (the vast majority of the time) with dropoffs from there It wouldn't lead to a difference in the total number of sales but it would change the timing.

The singes for RTB were:

Dreamline: 1

RTB: 9

Ghost of a chance: 2

Bravado: 13

For CP they were:

Stick it Out: 1

Cold Fire: 2

Nobody's Hero: 9

Animate: 35

I think the change you're talking about affected album charting and it occurred in between Presto and RTB. But regardless of when it happened, RTB and CP were either judged equally or CP got the "advantage" of the new system.

I think you mean it paints a different picture than what you assume we are assuming.

Perhaps, but I'm going off of what people have explicitly said.