Drop the Bitching About the Setlist

Maverick

Got my bros from SOCN up in dis thread!

Too bad what starts in SOCN has to stay there because there would be plenty of SOCN based analogies that could be made about this topic.

They would be along the lines of "getting Rush fans to stop bitching about the setlist is about as likely as getting Jim Boeheim to stop whining about the officiating". Tigers don't change their stripes.

Sadly, that will NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen on here. :no: There are certain people here, who if Rush themselves asked them to put together ANY setlist - and Rush played the entire set, the person in question would bitch - just because the band took a short break, in the middle of a 53-song setlist.

And that Alex missed ONE note towards the end of Hemispheres.

And this person would claim it to be the "Worst Rush show EVER."

Edited by ALifeson85
  • Like 4

Personally at this stage of the game, they can play the whole Test For Echo album, and I'd still go.... (as long as they leave the Feedback stuff out, and just play songs THEY wrote, I'll be ok with it)
  • Like 2

Rush can play what they want. All I ask is for a couple of rare 70s gems and a couple 80s gems. Cinderella Man? Turn the Page? Jacob's Ladder? Countdown? Please Geddy!?!? Please Neil?!?! (I'm sure Alex would be on board, no need to beg him haha!) Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 3

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002624718/2641312744_britney_spears_fan_defends_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

LEAVE GEDDY ALOOONNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Sadly, that will NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen on here. :no: There are certain people here, who if Rush themselves asked them to put together ANY setlist - and Rush played the entire set, the person in question would bitch - just because the band took a short break, in the middle of a 53-song setlist.

And that Alex missed ONE note towards the end of Hemispheres.

And this person would claim it to be the "Worst Rush show EVER."

Well really, So I pay a chunk of my hard-earned money to see Rush perform live, and I should just suck it up and deal when Alex is clearly mailing it in?!?!?!? :LOL:

• Like 3

Drop? I thought it hadn't even started yet! Where's losingit2K?

You rang? Actually I'm with the majority in here. I'll be glad with what ever they play. The only song I desperately want to hear though is Jacobs Ladder. But if they don't play it , I'll be fine with that as well. There's a new tour on the horizon its time to rejoice, not get tied up with trivial issues. let them play whatever they are comfortable playing. It will make for a better show!

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

I would never have put as many Power Windows songs into the CA tour setlist as they did, but I am so glad they did. Hearing those songs performed all these years later finally made me a fan of that album. So yeah, I am all for whatever they want to play, even if the songs are outside my usual favourites.
  • Like 3

I would never have put as many Power Windows songs into the CA tour setlist as they did, but I am so glad they did. Hearing those songs performed all these years later finally made me a fan of that album. So yeah, I am all for whatever they want to play, even if the songs are outside my usual favourites.

You mean you weren't a fan of Power Windows already?

:o

• Like 1

Drop? I thought it hadn't even started yet! Where's losingit2K?

You rang? Actually I'm with the majority in here. I'll be glad with what ever they play. The only song I desperately want to hear though is Jacobs Ladder. But if they don't play it , I'll be fine with that as well. There's a new tour on the horizon its time to rejoice, not get tied up with trivial issues. let them play whatever they are comfortable playing. It will make for a better show!

:codger:

I really hope they play Jacob's Ladder, too.

• Like 1

I think the songs from Signals through RTB benefit greatly from the live treatment. The songs may not be on my "favorites" list, but the versions they do live are often better than the studio tracks, and listening to them live makes me appreciate them more.

• Like 2

I know!!! I am a reformed "everything after Signals (and really I mean "Subdivisions") sucks!" kind of fan. I even saw the Power Windows tour, but at the time I was mostly bummed at the setlist. The album had been growing on me slowly, but seeing songs like "Grand Designs" and "Territories" live this on CA totally sealed the deal for me.

• Like 1

I know!!! I am a reformed "everything after Signals (and really I mean "Subdivisions") sucks!" kind of fan. I even saw the Power Windows tour, but at the time I was mostly bummed at the setlist. The album had been growing on me slowly, but seeing songs like "Grand Designs" and "Territories" live this on CA totally sealed the deal for me.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/3lFHq_zps742308eb.gif

I'd be happy if they all took a series of dumps on stage. Seeing Rush is better than any regular night at home.
  • Like 1

Hoping there's a true mix of ALL eras for R41. Absolutely need some of the 70's prog classics first and foremost, but also hope they give us a good dose of 80's synth era as well, despite the great stuff they played last tour. There's plenty to choose from -- Weapon, Kid Gloves, Marathon, and Prime Mover, to name a few... Edited by greg2112