TOTEM for 2015 tour opener???

Spaghetti Lee

TOTEM for 2015 tour opener?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. TOTEM for 2015 tour opener?

• An absolutely pole-smokin' choice!!!
    • Totem's a pole smoker...no thanks.
    • I've never actually been able to sit through this POS song.
    • Like a captain, who sh*ts on the ground.
    • Like some pilgrim, who loves to trans-gend.
    • I'd rather "Speed of Love" because I'm a dooooosh.

I think your own post sums this idea up...

If I'm picking a song off Test For Echo for RUSH to do live I'd prefer Time and Motion.

I know it's boring to say this but I'd pick Driven. Virtuality without the lyrics is a distant second. Or Totem or Color of Right if I need a bladder break..wouldn't be missing anything if I missed those songs.

• Like 2

I like the song but they wouldn't open the show with it. Rush has a tradition of opening the show with one of their hits everyone knows. I don't see that changing since it's a good way to get the crowd going. If they started with Totem, people would be excited because the band just hit the stage but the bulk of the crowd would have that "what the hell is this song?" look on their faces. Not the best idea to lose the crowds interest right at the start of the show. Just because the idea is different doesn't automatically make it better than what the band usually does. Edited by J2112YYZ

I envision five possible openers:

1. A medley, like the R30 Overture

2. Tom Sawyer

3. Caravan

4. Far Cry

5. 2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx

I doubt Totem even makes an appearance, but Driven, Test for Echo, or Virtuality might.

You know even if they came out and played an entire show of songs we've never heard live, there would still be people who would bitch. Edited by EagleMoon

If I'm picking a song off Test For Echo for RUSH to do live I'd prefer Time and Motion.

:heart:

You would love the song about motion. Hussy :D

Okay, I know this wouldn't be something Rush would do, and a lot of fans probably wouldn't like it if they did, but I'm wrapped up in this fantasy so I'm going to share it anyway.

During the bridge of this song (2:51), the tune right before the solo is a perfect way to welcome the crowd. What I think personally think would be cool, is if they extended this jam a bit and as it began Geddy would welcome the crowd

"Hello _______. How are you doing tonight? We're glad to be here. We have a lot of songs to play for you, we hope you enjoy the show!"

*solo*

and then

maybe another couple extra minutes of improv, switching from guitar solo to bass fills, kind of like what we have in YYZ, but slower paced and jazzier :sundog:

Edited by Mr. IsNot

You would love the song about motion. Hussy :D

And don't you wish I were using my hussy skills daily on you rather than my (rather lucky) husband :D

• Like 1