Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

What will they do with these shirts on September 7 at about 4:15 pm when they're 0-1?

I thought the Fins opened with the Patriots.... :huh:

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

What will they do with these shirts on September 7 at about 4:15 pm when they're 0-1?

They do. Q.E.D.

Remind me again, who won last year in South Florida?

Sic semper tyrannis

Have the Dolphins been mathematically eliminated yet?

It's all fun and games until Aaron Rodgers gets hurt.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

The team that won the division? No, that's not right.

Revis Island baby. Welcome back to 2004.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

I guess there's no reason to play the game then if who won the division last year determines the outcome of the game (but the winner of last year's actual game in the same stadium doesn't matter). :wacko:

Welcome to 2004? Nah, this is the year Brady replaces the Flying Spaghetti Monster as His Noodliness in the hearts of the membership of the Boston Society of Atheists.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

I guess there's no reason to play the game then if who won the division last year determines the outcome of the game (but the winner of last year's actual game in the same stadium doesn't matter). :wacko:

Welcome to 2004? Nah, this is the year Brady replaces the Flying Spaghetti Monster as His Noodliness in the hearts of the membership of the Boston Society of Atheists.

The Patriots' success this year actually has little to do with Brady. It's all about Revis and company.

Ave imperator.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

The Patriots' success this year actually has little to do with Brady. It's all about Revis and company.

Ave imperator.

Glad to see you've conceded the point that Tom is over the hill. But Revis is of little use against the Fins. Mike Wallace doesn't need Revis to take him out of the game, he can do that all by himself.

I do like the quote from Barkley last year about the Pats..."When Bill Belichick leaves, and Tom Brady leaves, y'all team gonna f***ing suck."

Guess that makes them sui generis.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

Glad to see you've conceded the point that Tom is over the hill. But Revis is of little use against the Fins. Mike Wallace doesn't need Revis to take him out of the game, he can do that all by himself.

I do like the quote from Barkley last year about the Pats..."When Bill Belichick leaves, and Tom Brady leaves, y'all team gonna f***ing suck."

He's not. He's still one of the 5 best QBs in the game. But I think Bill Belichick has at last realized that turning the Patriots into the Colts has yielded predictable results. So he's turning them back into the teams that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

He's not. He's still one of the 5 best QBs in the game. But I think Bill Belichick has at last realized that turning the Patriots into the Colts has yielded predictable results. So he's turning them back into the teams that won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

Well, I guess we'll see about that. I wouldn't be too confident about that if I was you, though.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

Well, I guess we'll see about that. I wouldn't be too confident about that if I was you, though.

The reports from camp have been that the first team defense has looked brutal. Chuckie, Jr. was bitching about how physical they were, which reminds me of Tony Dungy whining about it, and Mr. Clockwise Mike Martz talking about how "violent" the Patriots secondary was.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

The reports from camp have been that the first team defense has looked brutal. Chuckie, Jr. was bitching about how physical they were, which reminds me of Tony Dungy whining about it, and Mr. Clockwise Mike Martz talking about how "violent" the Patriots secondary was.

Any word of Brandon Meriweather (or maybe Matt Walsh) spottings at Logan?

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

Revis and Browner actually take the correct angle on a play ordinarily.

Btvme1DCUAEJZLG.png

They do. Q.E.D.

Sic semper tyrannis

Ave imperator.

Revis and Browner actually take the correct angle on a play ordinarily.

After watching a couple of exhibition games I don't know if DBs will even be allowed to play at all this year.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e Miami Dolphins signed quarterback Brady Quinn today, according to a report from NFL Network's Jeff Darlington. The team held tryouts for Quinn, along with John Skelton and Rex Grossman, earlier in the day.

Quinn joins a roster with starter Ryan Tannehill entrenched atop the depth chart, followed by two injured quarterbacks in Matt Moore and Pat Devlin. Moore returned to practice this week, but the team is still worried about his health. The Dolphins also have Seth Lobato under contract, though releasing him to make room for Quinn on the 90-man preseason roster would be the most likely scenario.

The former Notre Dame quarterback initially joined the NFL as a first round selection of the Cleveland Browns of the 2007 NFL Draft. After three years with the Browns, he was traded to the Denver Broncos, where he spent two seasons. In 2012, Quinn joined the Kansas City Chiefs as a free agent. Last season, Quinn spent brief periods with the Seattle Seahawks and New York Jets before serving as the backup to Kellen Clemens with the St. Louis Rams for most of the year.

Quinn has a career record of 4-16, with a 53.8 completion percentage. He has 3,043 career passing yards, with 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.

The Dolphins were in need of a quarterback for the back end of the depth chart, especially with the injuries to Moore and Devlin. Lobato, who played most of Friday night's preseason game against the Atlanta Falcons, was not impressive, and the team was hoping he would at least challenge Devlin for the third quarterback position. The club could also be looking for someone to challenge Moore for the top backup position behind Tannehill.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/8/11/5993059/brady-quinn-signs-with-miami-dolphins

Ah, WTF, it's only a third string QB. And Brandon Weeden's already signed...

:facepalm:

Dolphins cut bait on draft bust Michael Egnew

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/unknown-1.jpeg?w=250n

Whenever a General Manager gets fired, his pet projects are living on borrowed time.

So when 2012 third-rounder Michael Egnew failed to progress, he was an easy mark for the Dolphins now that Jeff Ireland is gone.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Dolphins are waiving Egnew today.

Criticism of Egnew was common during Hard Knocks in his rookie season, and with the guy who picked him no longer in charge, it became easier to admit a draft mistake.

He caught seven passes for 69 yards last year, after appearing in just two games as a rookie.

Whenever a General Manager gets fired, his pet projects are living on borrowed time.

So when 2012 third-rounder Michael Egnew failed to progress, he was an easy mark for the Dolphins now that Jeff Ireland is gone.

Criticism of Egnew was common during Hard Knocks in his rookie season, and with the guy who picked him no longer in charge, it became easier to admit a draft mistake.

He caught seven passes for 69 yards last year, after appearing in just two games as a rookie.

Thanks again, Ireland. What a fantastic judge of talent.

Thanks again, Ireland. What a fantastic judge of talent.

Seems like the Dolphins are cutting bait on a draft bust or two every year...

Marino takes job with Dolphins, again

Posted by Mike Florio on August 24, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/marino.jpg?w=233

After months of speculation and debate and uncertainty, Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino has returned to the Dolphins. Again.

Marino broke the news on Twitter, but neither he nor the Dolphins have provided any details about his title, duties, or powers.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald recently reported that Marino will be a “special advisor” to owner Stephen Ross and team president Tom Garfinkel. That news comes nearly three months after Armando Salquero of the Herald reported that Marino and the team can’t figure out a role.

A decade ago, Marino and former owner Wayne Huizenga worked out a role for Marino. And he quit after only three weeks.

The last time, Marino assumed a John Elway-style role, which included Marino actually being involved in making football decisions and, perhaps more significantly, participating in the hours and hours and hours of grind-it-out tedium that needed to be tended to before good decisions could be made. This time, Marino will have no formal involvement in football operations, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT.

Instead, Marino will serve as a true advisor, also playing a significant role in community and business initiatives relating to topics such as ticket sales and stadium renovations. He’ll be available to the football operations in what is being described as a “support function,” which possibly means that he’ll be asked to clunk heads together if/when further dysfunction emerges among those responsible for the day-to-day operation of the team — especially since Ross doesn’t reside in South Florida.

There will be no press conference or other dog-and-pony-type show, according to the source. Instead, the announcement came from Marino, and the focus will remain on the current players as the regular season approaches. Even if Marino’s presence makes fans wonder when/if the current quarterback will ever play like Marino did.

• Like 1

53 man roster for the 2014 Fins.

Quarterbacks (2): Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore

Running backs (4): Lamar Miller, Knowshon Moreno, Damien Williams, Orleans Darkwa

Wide receivers (6): Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, Rishard Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Damian Williams

Tight ends (3): Charles Clay, Dion Sims, Harold Hoskins

Offensive linemen (10): Branden Albert, Daryn Colledge, Mike Pouncey, Shelley Smith, Ja’Wuan James, Jason Fox, Nate Garner, Samson Satele, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner

Defensive linemen (8): Olivier Vernon, Cameron Wake, Jared Odrick, Randy Starks, Derrick Shelby, Earl Mitchell, Terrence Fede, Anthony Johnson

Linebackers (8): Koa Misi, Dannell Ellerbe, Philip Wheeler, Jason Trusnik, Jelani Jenkins, Jonathan Freeny, Chris McCain, Jordan Tripp

Defensive backs (9): Brent Grimes, Cortland Finnegan, Louis Delmas, Jimmy Wilson, Jamar Taylor, Will Davis, Don Jones, Walt Aikens, Michael Thomas

Specialists (3): Brandon Fields, Caleb Sturgis, John Denney

53 man roster for the 2014 Fins.

Quarterbacks (2): Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore

Running backs (4): Lamar Miller, Knowshon Moreno, Damien Williams, Orleans Darkwa

Wide receivers (6): Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson, Rishard Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Damian Williams

Tight ends (3): Charles Clay, Dion Sims, Harold Hoskins

Offensive linemen (10): Branden Albert, Daryn Colledge, Mike Pouncey, Shelley Smith, Ja’Wuan James, Jason Fox, Nate Garner, Samson Satele, Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner

Defensive linemen (8): Olivier Vernon, Cameron Wake, Jared Odrick, Randy Starks, Derrick Shelby, Earl Mitchell, Terrence Fede, Anthony Johnson

Linebackers (8): Koa Misi, Dannell Ellerbe, Philip Wheeler, Jason Trusnik, Jelani Jenkins, Jonathan Freeny, Chris McCain, Jordan Tripp

Defensive backs (9): Brent Grimes, Cortland Finnegan, Louis Delmas, Jimmy Wilson, Jamar Taylor, Will Davis, Don Jones, Walt Aikens, Michael Thomas

Specialists (3): Brandon Fields, Caleb Sturgis, John Denney

Do you not see anyone else out there you'd like the Fins to pick up?

Haven't looked through most of the cuts yet. Any OLs or LBs worth having?

There are but the Fins appear more interested in the secondary:

Dolphins claim two defensive backs

Posted by Josh Alper on August 31, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc2zmu5zjazndqzztixognhzdgxmjq1nmyzzdvhota3-e1409509868910.jpeg?w=215

The Dolphins have made some changes to their secondary.

The team has claimed cornerback Sammy Seamster and safety Brandian Ross off of waivers. General Manager Dennis Hickey announced the moves at a press conference on Sunday while also giving the word that wide receiver Damian Williams and safety Don Jones have been cut from the roster.

Seamster signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent out of Middle Tennessee State this offseason, but was one of the team’s final cuts. He’s a big corner at 6-foot-1, but only made 10 starts at the collegiate level so he’s still got some growing to do if he’s going to be a productive part of the Dolphins defense.

Ross was waived by the Raiders a year after making 13 starts for them. He had 75 tackles and a forced fumble in Oakland and the team likely hopes he can help them weather the absence of Reshad Jones for the first four games of the season.

Haven't looked through most of the cuts yet. Any OLs or LBs worth having?

There are but the Fins appear more interested in the secondary:

Dolphins claim two defensive backs

Posted by Josh Alper on August 31, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc2zmu5zjazndqzztixognhzdgxmjq1nmyzzdvhota3-e1409509868910.jpeg?w=215

The Dolphins have made some changes to their secondary.

The team has claimed cornerback Sammy Seamster and safety Brandian Ross off of waivers. General Manager Dennis Hickey announced the moves at a press conference on Sunday while also giving the word that wide receiver Damian Williams and safety Don Jones have been cut from the roster.

Seamster signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent out of Middle Tennessee State this offseason, but was one of the team’s final cuts. He’s a big corner at 6-foot-1, but only made 10 starts at the collegiate level so he’s still got some growing to do if he’s going to be a productive part of the Dolphins defense.

Ross was waived by the Raiders a year after making 13 starts for them. He had 75 tackles and a forced fumble in Oakland and the team likely hopes he can help them weather the absence of Reshad Jones for the first four games of the season.

Sammy Seamster?