Available Light to be played on 2015 tour...

Spaghetti Lee

Considering all the music Rush have put out in the last 4 decades, and the fact that we weren't even expecting a tour next year, you start a thread about a song you hope they DONT play??

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that. Way to swim in negative energy dude..

• Like 5

Great song, would love to see them do it live.

Nicely paired with 'Time Stand Still'

Not so nicely paired with 'Dog Years'

• Like 1

Considering all the music Rush have put out in the last 4 decades, and the fact that we weren't even expecting a tour next year, you start a thread about a song you hope they DONT play??

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that. Way to swim in negative energy dude..

Lighten up, baby.

• Like 1

I would love to see Available Light performed!

In general, I'm just interested in what Alex is referring to when he says "rarer Rush material." In so doing, he has found a keen way to give me fits in trying to nail that down between now and when the tour actually hits. Quite an effective teaser, it is.

• Like 1

I generally don't like the slower songs live (The Garden would be the exception). So just because I don't want to hear "Losin' It" live (as opposed to just about everyone else here), that doesn't mean I don't like the song.

Clem

I generally don't like the slower songs live (The Garden would be the exception). So just because I don't want to hear "Losin' It" live (as opposed to just about everyone else here), that doesn't mean I don't like the song.

Clem

Slow songs have their place live. It gives both the audience and the band a few minutes to catch their breath. Even with the intermission, you can't expect Rush to play all up tempo songs for two and a half hours.

I really like the song, I just don't know how it would come off live. Maybe it would get a little more balls live - like all the rest of the songs on that album that are so good, yet so weak sounding on the album. Edited by theanalogmiddleagedman

I think that song would be a good representation for the Presto Album and the one song I still would like to hear from that album. Yes concerns are founded but Geddy doesn't have to hit the hight notes during that song. They can be triggered or synched in like the "Wish them Well" during the CA tour. Regardless, every song they've played off Presto has sounded great live. Which brings me to the thought: Its time to dust off Show Don't Tell as well.

Since we are on the topic of unplayed songs, add Cut to the Chase, Losing It, Open Secrets, Alien Shore, Chain Lightning, Sweet Miracle and Vapor Trail to that Available Light list. You can make a good first set with only unplayed Rush Songs.

Set 1:

Chain Lightning

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Losing It

Different Strings (Extended Gtr Solo)

No one at the Bridge - Didacts and Narpits (Drum Solo)

Vapor Trail / Sweet Miracle

Bravest Face / Alien Shore

Neurotica

Available Light

:rush: :haz: :rush:

• Like 1

Lighten up, baby.

Ok..

Anybody got any Available Light I could borrow..? ;)

Edited by MMCXII

Anagram. I know the song's none to popular here......but it's always been one of my favs off Presto.

Mick

I've always enjoyed that song! I for one enjoy every single one of Rush's albums. There's not a certain period I don't like. Every period has something unique and awesome about it!

• Like 5

1. Enough of Force 10 already... nice song, but why this over and over again while so much of HYF (Lock And Key, High Water, Prime Mover) gets ignored?!? :huh:

2. Presto was my first Rush album but I didn't get to see them live until VT, so the only Presto songs I've seen are The Pass and Presto. Give me ANYTHING of the other 9 songs and I'll be :7up:

3. They pulled out Analog Kid for CA, now it's time for The Weapon.

4. If Geddy could pull off CTTH on TM, then he can handle Cinderella Man

• Like 2

I think that song would be a good representation for the Presto Album and the one song I still would like to hear from that album. Yes concerns are founded but Geddy doesn't have to hit the hight notes during that song. They can be triggered or synched in like the "Wish them Well" during the CA tour. Regardless, every song they've played off Presto has sounded great live. Which brings me to the thought: Its time to dust off Show Don't Tell as well.

Since we are on the topic of unplayed songs, add Cut to the Chase, Losing It, Open Secrets, Alien Shore, Chain Lightning, Sweet Miracle and Vapor Trail to that Available Light list. You can make a good first set with only unplayed Rush Songs.

Set 1:

Chain Lightning

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Losing It

Different Strings (Extended Gtr Solo)

No one at the Bridge - Didacts and Narpits (Drum Solo)

Vapor Trail / Sweet Miracle

Bravest Face / Alien Shore

Neurotica

Available Light

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Nice! I love those 'rarer' songs. The only I would change is have 'Good News First' instead of 'Bravest Face', though I'm not sure how good it would be live.

• Like 1