Have the police ever visited you for playing 2112 too loud?

Tinwoodsman

It happened to me this aft at approx. 4:20 or something for nothing ... coincidence? I was only sipping Scotch FFS ... I had some issues with my 5 disc changer last autumn and today in my infinite unwisdom, I said to meself ... meself ... try a new but old disc in the PA system ... while the female office grilled me with a smile ... the male officer stood, sunglasses intact yet stoic ... it was quite a scene (not really) ... so that is all I have to say except for what cannot be spoken or printed.
  • Like 3

I once got a visit from the police for actually playing rush too loud. Had one of my bands set up in the back yard...after covering a few Rush tunes (and a drum solo of sorts) I saw some blue lights coming from the front...nice officers though. Said if they weren't on duty they would have joined us....On a slightly related note, the last time I was pulled over by the police the squad car's number was 2112...probably the only time I enjoyed getting stopped by the cops.
  • Like 2

when the police show up, you know you're having a good time.

Im sorry, but I just had to steal your Signature pic, it was such a awesome pic on Geddy! I wont use it on this forum thou, thats a promise! :)

Im gonna use it as my new background on my iPad. :D

Edited by Zumbi
  • Like 1

I've never had the whole band show up, but once Stewart Copeland popped his head in my house and said "Cool! Is that Rush?"

:)

Clem

Dammit!! Beat me to it!!

But I was gonna use Sting instead of SC.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what exactly was going down. My best guess is that some less than open minded people expressed concern (fuckedup) because I do not live a lifestyle that suits their vision of the neighborhood. I have some theories, but I won't get stressed over it. I asked if anyone complained, and the officers replied "no" and that they were just driving by. (shootingcoughrandomlycough) I suppose they were just doing their (phoneybalony) jobs, making sure that I wasn't a squatter or words that begin with the letters C and P. Edited by Tinwoodsman

I bought an apartment in NYC several years ago and the first night in there the downstairs neighbor came up to complain that I was moving in. It was a Friday night and I had just finished law school finals and started my firm job on that monday...meaning I had to unpack something to get to sleep. Well, after the next night (a Saturday!) he came up and asked what my wife and I were doing the last night. We went to bed at 11 and woke up at 8, and we couldn't think of what he meant. After a few minutes, we realized he was complaining about my wife going to the bathroom at 2 am.

When we had friends over the first time, he came up and complained (4 friends and a dinner party...he complained at 10 pm on Saturday). After a few more similar incidents I got into the "you just have to live with it" mode with this asshole.

At that point, he started calling the police on us whenever we had friends over. One night we were playing guitar hero (which means I was choosing Rush songs).

Anyway, every time the police were entirely cool and basically said that they had to check it out but in their opinion I was doing nothing wrong. But that time the male officer said, "Rush? That's cool." A small acknowledgement, but I appreciated it.

• Like 3

My wife and I were sitting outside in very nice spring weather a couple evenings ago. I had Rush playing "shuffle whole collection" pretty loud along with adult refreshments and smoke.

She mentioned to me that this type of evening would no longer be acceptable if we were to move to a townhouse as we had planned.

After thinking about this even more, I realized there is more to this story than loud music.

I now realize the freedom I will lose to others, should we move to a multi family dwelling. Of course we are getting up in age now and taking care of 2 acres of grass to mow and gardens to tend, a house to maintain and taxes to pay, we thought moving to the city would be our best bet.

Thanks to loud Rush music and some encouraging words from my wife, we are going to try and build our own house, our way and as far out in the country as we can get.

Long live loud Rush music outside at night. In our own courtyard. I realize now I can downsize without leaving the sanctuary of the wonderful woods.

• Like 9

Mystery solved. The little blue smurfs were visiting my neighbor, because his dogs were barking ... dogs bark da. Another neighbor had complained (illness cited). Ironically, I was attempting to fix/blowup my PA system at that exact space in time. So, if you have titiflius of the blowhole ... you might want to find another place to reside, like HELL for instance.

Oh Yeah,

Back in the late 80's. A good friend and I were sharing a mobile home here in town. This was back in the day when the bar scene was all the time. We would get home late and crank up Rush,Triumph, Zeppelin, UFO ect. The elderly lady across the street would walk over and bang on the trailer with her cane yelling at us to turn it down. We would but it didn't last long. Coming home with a nice buzz, there was no way in hell we were not rocking out. :P She started calling the cops and they would show up. If memory serves, most of the time they were nice about it. But a few times threatening jail time. Looking back I felt kinda bad for her. We were always nice to her outside of the loud tunes. :D

My wife and I were sitting outside in very nice spring weather a couple evenings ago. I had Rush playing "shuffle whole collection" pretty loud along with adult refreshments and smoke.

She mentioned to me that this type of evening would no longer be acceptable if we were to move to a townhouse as we had planned.

After thinking about this even more, I realized there is more to this story than loud music.

I now realize the freedom I will lose to others, should we move to a multi family dwelling. Of course we are getting up in age now and taking care of 2 acres of grass to mow and gardens to tend, a house to maintain and taxes to pay, we thought moving to the city would be our best bet.

Thanks to loud Rush music and some encouraging words from my wife, we are going to try and build our own house, our way and as far out in the country as we can get.

Long live loud Rush music outside at night. In our own courtyard. I realize now I can downsize without leaving the sanctuary of the wonderful woods.

If you live anywhere in town you won't be able to have loud music out-doors. It's one of the biggest disadvantages to city life.

Does it count if you ARE the police and you're playing 2112 too loud at your house? :ph34r:
  • Like 6